MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest norm2002

Sorry, got a problem. Baked a rom from the new version and used Rom Manager to install it (no wipe).

It started deleting files and then aborted saying

E:can't symlink /system/xbin/[

E:Failure at line 43:

symlink busybox SYSTEM: xbin /[

Now it won't get past the white HTC screen.

As a total nooby, what do I do next?

Guest EddyOS

Removing mail from the ROM when baking is meant to remove the widget...I can remove it myself so it's no issue just pointing it out :angry:

Paul, is there a chance to include that HTC widgets which can be downloaded from Market but can't be installed? (Namely Today in History)?

I'll check that out for ya. :angry:

P

Sorry, got a problem. Baked a rom from the new version and used Rom Manager to install it (no wipe).

You may have baked too much in and run out of space! :angry:

P

I wasn't asking you per say, just saying could I remove it from the ZIP and put LauncherPro in?

Something else I've found...I removed the Mail app when baking but the widget is still there...

This will be fixed in next update.

P

Guest FatherD

Thanks Battletank, but already had this one, it has the low-res circle stuff .. not the nicer one found at

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...4778&page=1

So .. i would love to see a mod with 'H' icon and the newer circle .. that would complete my life LOL

edit: FOUND IT! .. if you guys want hsdpa icon and the best circle battery mod get the 'framework-res-DJD_v1.0_R1-signed.zip'

from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...4778&page=1

Works great, look sweet!

Edited by FatherD

Guest battletank
Rom seems to be working very nicely, and is noticeably smoother and faster than other Froyo & Sense Roms I've tried

The only issue I'm having (latest WIP refresh) is that the "USB choices" (Charge only, use as disk drive etc) don't appear when I plug my usb cable in...anyone any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Thanks for any help :angry:

I had this when I excluded the 'Sync' option (I assumed it would just drop HTC sync, not USB disk-drive mode as well)... Paul's advice to go to the Computer Connection option in settings just caused an FC for me.

Two solutions; either (a) reflash with Sync option, or (b.) download an app called "MountUSB Widget" which seemed to do the job.

Edited by battletank

Guest eugenea

Hello.

I have a problem with mobile network (2G/3G).

I couldn't find a widget that can disable mobile network. I can turn off it(2G/3G) only in configuration - disable Mobile Network .

(APNdroid,APN on/off don`t work for me because my operator connect me to internet even i have APN like "internetapndroid" ).

Native widget operates only WIFI,BT,GPS,SYNC,BACKLIGHT.

My problem may resolse widget that correct turn off Mobile Network

Thanks any help.

(Sorry for my English)

---

Thank you. Problem solved.

1. 1. I found widget - Widget - Settings-> Mobile network (thanks to EddyOS :angry: )

1. 2. You can hold down the power button and the last option is "Mobile network to connect to Internet have the same effect :D (xda-developers)
Edited by eugenea

Guest battletank
Hello.

I have a problem with mobile network (2G/3G).

I couldn't find a widget that can disable mobile network. I can turn off it(2G/3G) only in configuration - disable Mobile Network .

(APNdroid,APN on/off don`t work for me because my operator connect me to internet even i have APN like "internetapndroid" ).

Native widget operates only WIFI,BT,GPS,SYNC,BACKLIGHT.

My problem may resolse widget that correct turn off Mobile Network

Thanks any help.

(Sorry for my English)

I use SwitchPro Widget - it has this option.

Guest battletank

Go back into Clockwork Recovery and either restore your old settings using nandroid, or wipe everything and reflash.

To get back into Clockwork recovery:

1. Switch off phone (you maybe best just to remove and replace the battery to do this).

2. Switch it on holding down volume down key until a white screen with writing appears

3. Wait at the menu until after some green writing about the SD card flashes up and goes.

4. Use volume up/down key to move to 'Recovery' option - press 'Power' to select.

5. When black screen with red logo /!\ appears, wait about 10 seconds.

6. Hold volume-up and press the power key. A blue menu should appear - if not, repeat this line.

7. Using vol keys and power button to select as before, choose 'Apply sdcard:update.zip'

8. You'll see a green menu - this is Clockwork recovery. If you made a backup, choose "nandroid" to go back, if not, choose "wipe data/factory reset", then, once complete, choose 'install zip from sdcard' and choose the r4-bravo-modaco.... file and try again.

Guest Noonski

Also had this one had to go back to Nandroid backup.

It wasn't a case of removing to much or adding to much. it started when i added HTC Facbook and Facebook back into the rom.

Went back to a backed up file and didn't get it anymore, but i will try to reproduce the exact steps in a moment.

After retracing and adding back in Facebook and HTC Facebook that where not originally in the Rom i did not get the error.

Might have just been bad luck corrupting the zip file.

Edited by Noonski

Guest DiscoHero
Thanks Battletank, but already had this one, it has the low-res circle stuff .. not the nicer one found at

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...4778&page=1

So .. i would love to see a mod with 'H' icon and the newer circle .. that would complete my life LOL

edit: FOUND IT! .. if you guys want hsdpa icon and the best circle battery mod get the 'framework-res-DJD_v1.0_R1-signed.zip'

from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...4778&page=1

Works great, look sweet!

Just flashed the multicolor one ... oh, so sweet. I really like to see the numbers. Without them I have a hard time getting sense of how little battery I have left :angry: So far 64% ... since 7:00 today (15:33 right now).

Guest dchuraman

actually after using this rom for half hour or so, it seems very slow and laggy to me, after a reboot, its ok, but then it slows right down. im not running it any different to how i was before when the speed was acceptable

Guest miguelsanchez79

Paul,

I know you want to keep your roms as stock and clean as possible but could you consider trackball wake mod in your builds?

or if anybody knows how to do that please share

thanks

Guest HugoQueiriga
actually after using this rom for half hour or so, it seems very slow and laggy to me, after a reboot, its ok, but then it slows right down. im not running it any different to how i was before when the speed was acceptable

One thing a friend of mine noticed is on the menu, when scrolling down he says its not smooth and is laggy, I hadn't noticed myself, so we tested vs iphone in skysports page and there is a fuzzyness to rending the page if you scroll, not as smooth as iphone or other phones display.

So at times it seems slow, but its not, this may not be the same as you are experiencing.

Guest FatherD
Paul,

I know you want to keep your roms as stock and clean as possible but could you consider trackball wake mod in your builds?

or if anybody knows how to do that please share

thanks

Here here .. would love that too .. must be a hang-over from having a Hero!

Guest dchuraman
One thing a friend of mine noticed is on the menu, when scrolling down he says its not smooth and is laggy, I hadn't noticed myself, so we tested vs iphone in skysports page and there is a fuzzyness to rending the page if you scroll, not as smooth as iphone or other phones display.

So at times it seems slow, but its not, this may not be the same as you are experiencing.

which menu? what i mean is for example, when i press menu>settings, it takes about 4-5 seconds to open the settings screen, its that sort of thing throughout

Guest bbawden

Just a minor thing, but I've been unable to install the WiFi status indicator for the last few versions.

If I copy the apk manually it just says "Installation failed".

Anyone else have this?

Edited by bbawden

Guest norm2002
Go back into Clockwork Recovery and either restore your old settings using nandroid, or wipe everything and reflash.

To get back into Clockwork recovery:

1. Switch off phone (you maybe best just to remove and replace the battery to do this).

2. Switch it on holding down volume down key until a white screen with writing appears

3. Wait at the menu until after some green writing about the SD card flashes up and goes.

4. Use volume up/down key to move to 'Recovery' option - press 'Power' to select.

5. When black screen with red logo /!\ appears, wait about 10 seconds.

6. Hold volume-up and press the power key. A blue menu should appear - if not, repeat this line.

7. Using vol keys and power button to select as before, choose 'Apply sdcard:update.zip'

8. You'll see a green menu - this is Clockwork recovery. If you made a backup, choose "nandroid" to go back, if not, choose "wipe data/factory reset", then, once complete, choose 'install zip from sdcard' and choose the r4-bravo-modaco.... file and try again.

Thanks. You saved my life. I had taken a backup and nandroid worked for me. Thanks also to Noonski for the advice. I will try a new bake when I get home and see what happens. :angry: :D

Guest rickako

Hey everyone one...

android newbie here (iPhone convert) been following this thread closely and now i'm getting very tempted to buy, at least, ad free to get me into the kitchen!

was just wondering with all these refreshes, are people just reflashing over the top of the previous, or are we needing wipes after each?

Guest PandaKiller

On two bakes ago I disabled HTC Sync.

Then I noticed that I could not access the SD card on PC.

After I bake a new version with HTC Sync but I can't find it.

Someone help me?

Guest ragflan
Hey everyone one...

android newbie here (iPhone convert) been following this thread closely and now i'm getting very tempted to buy, at least, ad free to get me into the kitchen!

was just wondering with all these refreshes, are people just reflashing over the top of the previous, or are we needing wipes after each?

Just apply the new updates. If you have problems, try clearing the caches and data from apps. If problems persist, wipe and apply updates. I'm just applying without wiping and so far so good.