MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest GABoro

Yesterday I flashed r4 WIP refresh

* Included stock LatinIME keypad

* Added UK locale at startup

* Other minor fixes

Now there is a new release. Can I simply bake a new one and flash without wipe so that everything stays as it is and i just get the updates?

r4 WIP next

* Stock LatinIME keypad now optional

* HTC style lock screen now optional

* build.prop fix (this IS already live)

* Stock Android MMS app now optional (replaces HTC Messaging app)

* Stock Android Gallery 3D app now optional (runs alongside HTC Gallery app)

* Superuser 2.2.2 update

* Now showing 'H' icon for HSDPA areas

Guest EddyOS
Hey everyone one...

android newbie here (iPhone convert) been following this thread closely and now i'm getting very tempted to buy, at least, ad free to get me into the kitchen!

was just wondering with all these refreshes, are people just reflashing over the top of the previous, or are we needing wipes after each?

Personally, I wipe each time to be safe but you shouldn't need to...

Guest Noonski

Paul and Everyone helping out with tips and commands.

Thank you very much!

I believe after abusing your servers a bit, I have reached my perfect error-less set up with a Rom size of 89.2 MB.

I don't see constant Facebook Sync as an issue as I just disable it after first run, i use it for contacts only.

But I like the HTC Facebook sync support as it adds the option to upload to a specific Album. My Mobile Upload Album is for good friends only and I also like to upload for all friends.

No I can prepare for my vacation.

Danke, Thanks, Bedankt.

Hey everyone one...

android newbie here (iPhone convert) been following this thread closely and now i'm getting very tempted to buy, at least, ad free to get me into the kitchen!

was just wondering with all these refreshes, are people just reflashing over the top of the previous, or are we needing wipes after each?

I actually a few builds back I actually had more issues Whiping everything and then flashing (stuck at HTC Screen), and have since flashed over my Nandroid backup till perfection.

Edited by Noonski

Guest dchuraman
Paul and Everyone helping out with tips and commands.

Thank you very much!

I believe after abusing your servers a bit, I have reached my perfect error-less set up with a Rom size of 89.2 MB.

(i don't see constant Facebook Sync as an issue as i just disable it after first run, i use it for contacts only)

No I can prepare for my vacation.

Danke, Thanks, Bedankt.

I actually a few builds back I actually had more issues Whiping everything and then flashing (stuck at HTC Screen), and have since flashed over my Nandroid backup till perfection.

how do you disable the constant sync? id be happy to run the sync once to get profile pictures and then disable it, but after stopping the sync in accounts settings, and even removing the facebook for HTC account, the constant syncing icon is still there?

Guest EddyOS

Some feedback after a few hours use:

- No issues with constant sync, FB/Twitter/weather etc. all update on schrdule

- GPS doesn't seem to know where I am properly, ROM based on the original DJ Droid leak works fine

- HSDPA back and working as expected :angry:

- Battery life seems to be better than FroYo ports so obviously a BIG plus!

All in all this is a good ROM, look forward to more improvements when they come along

Paul,

I know you want to keep your roms as stock and clean as possible but could you consider trackball wake mod in your builds?

or if anybody knows how to do that please share

thanks

Yep, will add this in too.

P

Guest bbawden

I don't like the new keyboard. What's the point of the "EN" where the close keyboard button used to be? Only useful if you add new languages, which most people won't do. Waste of a button if you ask me.

If I wanted to build my own keyboard (I want to have £ instead of $ for example) how would I go about doing that?

Guest HugoQueiriga
I don't like the new keyboard. What's the point of the "EN" where the close keyboard button used to be? Only useful if you add new languages, which most people won't do. Waste of a button if you ask me.

If I wanted to build my own keyboard (I want to have £ instead of $ for example) how would I go about doing that?

It is usefull for the people that can write in 2 languages plus, but Paul has added the default keyboard now, so you could change that! :angry:

Guest EddyOS

Default stock Android keyboard, yes...but not the 2.1 keyboard (which I would also like to have back - can we add in the one from 2.1 or would that just kill everything??)

Looks good so far thanks, just a couple of minor things I've noticed so far:

Wallpapers also has 'HTC Wallpapers' which seems to kinda be a duplicate of the default Android ones

Widgets now has a duplicate of 'Picture Frame'

Can't choose / see the HTC Weather widget - but I did de-select the HTC Sense interface, so I guess maybe that widget comes with it?

Google maps also seems a bit iffy on it's location of where I am, but I guess that could just be down to it having an off moment :angry:

post-711710-1279117947_thumb.png

post-711710-1279118271_thumb.png

Guest Noonski
how do you disable the constant sync? id be happy to run the sync once to get profile pictures and then disable it, but after stopping the sync in accounts settings, and even removing the Facebook for HTC account, the constant syncing icon is still there?

I Disable Syncing for Contacts and after that I force stop overall syncing, so it's not a solution for everyone.

I still get constant syncing after a reboot, but after force stopping it again only Twitter and Gmail update.

So it still exists but I can live with it as it eventually stops after some help.

And one reboot after that it doesn't start and get stuck. But have to check a days use as I have set Google and Twitter to sync every 4 hours.

I will change to 30 minutes to test.

Nope it does stop now, it just hangs sometimes a bit longer, but disappears after a while without force stopping it.

Edited by Noonski

Guest kayceejayh
Looks good so far thanks, just a couple of minor things I've noticed so far:

Wallpapers also has 'HTC Wallpapers' which seems to kinda be a duplicate of the default Android ones

Widgets now has a duplicate of 'Picture Frame'

Can't choose / see the HTC Weather widget - but I did de-select the HTC Sense interface, so I guess maybe that widget comes with it?

Google maps also seems a bit iffy on it's location of where I am, but I guess that could just be down to it having an off moment :angry:

There are two meant to be two picture frames, one black one white, I believe..

Guest Paulo Nobrega

Hi there.. Good afternoon all...

Ok.. Second bake today with new updates... On the previous issues I had before this is what i've noticed so far:

- Handcent SMS - The LED still does not work in the notifications... That started to happen since r4 release... This latest updates didnt fixed the problem... I know some of u guys dont seem to have that problem.. Any ideas here?

- Adfree Hacked - It finally works with this new ROM update... just disabled symlink at the app, didnt had to create any folder. The only app i tested with ads is Handcent SMS and it where the ads were before it says "webpage no available. Dont remember if it was that what happened before.

- Alarms - I cant seem to turn off the alarm after removing HTC lock screen... LOL... So i baked again with HTC lock screen and alarm worked fine.

- while listening to music - when receiving any notification like SMS, the music does not resume music. When receiveing calls the same happens.

- Sync - Didnt noticed any sync issues while on Wifi and 3G or HDSPA.

- H logo is back

- Titanium Backup - Says it cant get root privilegies... That's a new one for me... :angry:

UPDATE: just updated Titanium Backup on market and it's working again..

- Using Shazam and spare parts apps the Adfree does not remove the ads..

Edited by Paulo Nobrega

Guest Scottland

Strange issue with the USB mounting options, the first time I select charge only (via the modal that appears upon plugging in) it still mounts the SD. If I reselect charge only, it does as it should. Anyone else had similar?

Guest Erez Tavor

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your great job.

Is it possible to add BiDi Right To Left Support for Hebrew language?

It will be appreciated...

Erez

Guest ragflan

I'm checking earlier replies, but if anyone sees this before I get an answer, kindly clarify for me: No HTC wallpapers? I dont see any HTC wallpapers. When I try to apply a wallpaper and use HTC wallpapers, there are none there. I just did a wipe and install of r4 refresh next.

Guest ragflan
Strange issue with the USB mounting options, the first time I select charge only (via the modal that appears upon plugging in) it still mounts the SD. If I reselect charge only, it does as it should. Anyone else had similar?

Check if you have doubleTwist or iSyncr. Both those apps have a setting that auto-mounts SD and puts phone into USB mode. When you select charge a second time, it's just unmounting sd now. Edit: You don't have to uninstall either of those apps if you have them (some users did that). Just uncheck the option that says mount sd.

Edited by ragflan

Guest EddyOS
I'm checking earlier replies, but if anyone sees this before I get an answer, kindly clarify for me: No HTC wallpapers? I dont see any HTC wallpapers. When I try to apply a wallpaper and use HTC wallpapers, there are none there. I just did a wipe and install of r4 refresh next.

I just use the HTC Sense live wallpaper or my own...but yes, there's none there if you select HTC Wallpaper

Edited by EddyOS

Guest ragflan
I just use the HTC Sense live wallpaper or my own...but yes, there's none there if you select HTC Wallpaper

Cool cool. Thanks for answering man. Its not at all a problem but I just thought it was weird that there's nothing there. Ok cool. Testing everything out before doing a Titanium restore. Haha...

Guest EddyOS

Few little aesthetic things annoying me at the mo (double Picture frame thingy, GPS not working properly) so might go back to my own custom ROM but I'll give it another day and see how things go...getting there though, Paul!! :angry:

Guest ragflan

Paul, just wanted to thank you for your work. Much appreciated. And many thanks to all the helpful folks on Modaco who always respond or at least point to the right direction. But more than anyone, thanks to Paul. I can't speak for everyone but my phone has never had a single problem when I followed your steps. Minor issues yes, but the phone was always functional. Big thank you Paul. I'm already an Ad-Free user. Any way I can buy you a beer like with Cyanogen?