MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ragflan
Few little aesthetic things annoying me at the mo (double Picture frame thingy, GPS not working properly) so might go back to my own custom ROM but I'll give it another day and see how things go...getting there though, Paul!! :angry:

EddyOS, you might have the double picture frame thing possibly because you selected Gallery 3D option. The HTC gallery has a Photo Frame widget and the Android one does too.

EDIT: I realise now there's 3 photo frames. 1 from HTC and 2 from Android. Sorry...

EDIT EDIT: The 2 photo frames are 2x2 but one has black border and one has white border for the frame. White frame looks slightly bigger too.

Edited by ragflan

Guest ragflan
Looks good so far thanks, just a couple of minor things I've noticed so far:

Wallpapers also has 'HTC Wallpapers' which seems to kinda be a duplicate of the default Android ones

Widgets now has a duplicate of 'Picture Frame'

Can't choose / see the HTC Weather widget - but I did de-select the HTC Sense interface, so I guess maybe that widget comes with it?

Google maps also seems a bit iffy on it's location of where I am, but I guess that could just be down to it having an off moment :angry:

The picture frame doubling up might be because you have Gallery 3D option selected? I think that's the reason. EDIT: Maybe not. I see 3 Photo Frame widgets. 1 from HTC and 2 from Android. Maybe Paul can explain this. And I can see the Weather widget. Try a rebake and reapply?

Edit: WAIT! Chotto matte. Dude, dont rebake. I just saw the background of your screenshot. You're using the Launcher2 as the Launcher. Why would you get the weather widget from Sense then? You can't have any of the Sense widgets without using SenseUI.

Edited by ragflan

Guest ragflan

@EddyOS and @ Jez_

If you add the 2 Photo Frames, 1 is black frame and 1 is white frame. Both are 2x2 but white frame occupies larger area.

Guest ragflan
I'm not using Launcher2/Pro - I'm using Sense (if that was aimed at me)

Nah. That was at Jez_. He has screenshots on Page 50. You can see he's using Launcher2 but he's asking about the lack of the weather widget that's part of Sense.

The picture frame doubling up might be because you have Gallery 3D option selected? I think that's the reason. EDIT: Maybe not. I see 3 Photo Frame widgets. 1 from HTC and 2 from Android. Maybe Paul can explain this. And I can see the Weather widget. Try a rebake and reapply?

Edit: WAIT! Chotto matte. Dude, dont rebake. I just saw the background of your screenshot. You're using the Launcher2 as the Launcher. Why would you get the weather widget from Sense then? You can't have any of the Sense widgets without using SenseUI.

Yep I did have Gallery 3D option selected / installed, so this makes sense. I just prefer it to be all Android standard UI where possible.

Lol, I wasn't going to re-bake for this mate as it's only a minor niggle. :D

I'm using the standard Android launcher that came from de-selecting the sense interface (launcher2?). I haven't installed any other launcher other than what the online kitchen could provide. :angry:

But yeah it makes sense that I can't use the HTC Weather widget without the rest of the Sense interface, I just wasn't aware that was part of the Sense UI.

Guest ragflan
One thing a friend of mine noticed is on the menu, when scrolling down he says its not smooth and is laggy, I hadn't noticed myself, so we tested vs iphone in skysports page and there is a fuzzyness to rending the page if you scroll, not as smooth as iphone or other phones display.

So at times it seems slow, but its not, this may not be the same as you are experiencing.

I think its because Flash is enabled. Try rendering the page with the plugins set to 'On Demand' in the browser settings instead of 'Always'. I notice that Flash on some sites does make the scrolling somewhat jittery. I personally leave flash on 'Always'. I enjoy viewing Flash content even if it compromises the scrolling smoothness.

Guest ragflan
Yep I did have Gallery 3D option selected / installed, so this makes sense. I just prefer it to be all Android standard UI where possible.

Lol, I wasn't going to re-bake for this mate as it's only a minor niggle. :D

I'm using the standard Android launcher that came from de-selecting the sense interface (launcher2?). I haven't installed any other launcher other than what the online kitchen could provide. :angry:

But yeah it makes sense that I can't use the HTC Weather widget without the rest of the Sense interface, I just wasn't aware that was part of the Sense UI.

I love the Sense Widgets. It's the only part of Sense that I really enjoy. I move to LauncherPro or ADW now and then to enjoy how smooth and fast they are, but I always come back to Sense because of the widgets. Also, I don't think you're seeing 2 photo frames because of Gallery 3D. If you removed that, you'll still see the HTC one. If you added Gallery 3D, you should see 1 for Gallery3D and 1 for HTC. That's 2. But there are a total of 3 frames when using Sense. I think Gallery3D has 2 photo frames by itself. One is white and one is black frame. You can add and check it out. The white frame lets you choose a larger area of the photo and the widget is slightly larger. The black frame lets you select a smaller area of the photo and has a slightly smaller widget. Try it with the same photo, you'll see what I mean.

Edited by ragflan

Guest subvertbeats

Thanks Paul!

This is great. Got my Desire yesterday as my first Android device, replacing my iPhone, and have upgraded to Froyo with this rom.

Thanks a bunch :angry:

Guest kaziem
I installed the new ROM and I can't get past the blank HTC screen.. this is before the "quietly brilliant" part. Any ideas?

Sorry.. I was flashing the wrong one (yesterday's did have this problem) :angry: That's what I get for flashing a different ROM every day!

Guest shaigrin

Thanks a lot Pual for the great job!

As Hebrew user, do I still need to include the Hebrew fonts under the "Test language" or this Froyo comes with Heb fonts in the system already?

Guest EddyOS

You can add it yourself getting the mod form XDA. Paul's like me - leave things stock and let the individual theme their own ROM

Edited by EddyOS

Guest subvertbeats
Hi just download the rom before i flash it how much space (MB) is left after flash just a rough ideal please

Thanks

With wipe, I had 105Mb free, but I guess this dependent on what components you choose to bake with

Edited by subvertbeats

Guest ritdaw
Strange issue with the USB mounting options, the first time I select charge only (via the modal that appears upon plugging in) it still mounts the SD. If I reselect charge only, it does as it should. Anyone else had similar?

Have you got doubletwist installed per chance?

Guest dedreiix

So,

first thing in this post: Thank you Paul for this awsome ROM. :angry:

Second: I still have problems with the extended controlls widget and the mobile connection. Actually I´m able to activate the connection via the widget but I cannot disable the connection. The connection will be disconnected but about 2 seconds later it will just be reactivated.

I have no clue what I could do to stop this behaviour or what I maybe did wrong...

With MoDaCo 2.1 ROM I did not had any problems like this.

Has anyone an idea what went wrong?