MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest encrypt
I've just paid for the premium service and I'm using it.. it's very fast and stable.

Paul, please uncomment this line in the kernel to support LOOP devices:

"CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=y"

Just uncomment it... this is needed if we want to chroot properly... more info here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=723493

Other request:

You could add Adobe Reader as an optional option to the PDF reader. :angry:

Thanks and cheers...

Paul you did not answer my question...

Guest masi0

Paul: little update on the android stock lock screen + sense swipe when receiving calls - I suppose it is part of HTC Dialer - can you please add option to choose htc dialer/stock android dialer? I hope this is the reason of two different lock screens on the same time....

Guest miguelsanchez79

LOL :D

If he would answer every single question on this forum (just check how many devices is there) he would never had a time for development.

take it easy man :angry: :D ;)

Guest miguelsanchez79
Paul: little update on the android stock lock screen + sense swipe when receiving calls - I suppose it is part of HTC Dialer - can you please add option to choose htc dialer/stock android dialer? I hope this is the reason of two different lock screens on the same time....

Paul's mentioned about adding stock dialer/contact yesterday.

Hope he's still on it

Guest LouiS22
- Handcent SMS - The LED still does not work in the notifications... That started to happen since r4 release... This latest updates didnt fixed the problem... I know some of u guys dont seem to have that problem.. Any ideas here?

Did you restore handcent from Titanium Backup? If so, it's possible that you have a messed up setting there. Did you try installing the latest one from Market (so don't restore it from TB)? Just do a nandroid with your current settings, the factory reset the whole phone. After do the initial set-up, install handcent from market. Hope this helps. If not, then you can restore your current state from nandroid. You can do it in 5 minutes.

Guest acejack

hi guys i just signed up for this forum just to download this rom, and I made the right choice:) its superb. love it!

but there is one minor thing i was wondring about, is there a mod/hack(app?) to change the dock? I would really like to have the dock from switcherPro into this alongside with sense UI, then it would be perfect for me? is this possible?

One more minor thing - When Facebook and Flickr options are de-selected from the online kitchen they still show up in the setup wizard screen.

post-711710-1279130253_thumb.png

Guest tuatha
hi guys i just signed up for this forum just to download this rom, and I made the right choice:) its superb. love it!

but there is one minor thing i was wondring about, is there a mod/hack(app?) to change the dock? I would really like to have the dock from switcherPro into this alongside with sense UI, then it would be perfect for me? is this possible?

I'd love that too. I hate the HTC dock! It's so useless and ugly compared to the others that are out there. I don't know if you can lose the dock and keep the rest of Sense though. Seems like it should be possible, but I wouldn't know anyway.

@ anybody else - Is there a list of confirmed issues with this rom? Or is that too much to ask at this early stage of development?

Guest EddyOS
One more minor thing - When Facebook and Flickr options are de-selected from the online kitchen they still show up in the setup wizard screen.

post-711710-1279130253_thumb.png

If you go into the ZIP and go to /system/customize/CID/ and open the default.xml in wordpad you can remove entries/screens from the setup. e.g.

<function name="Step_Config">

<set name="single">

<item name="Set_Language" type="boolean">yes</item>

<item name="SIP_Tutorial" type="boolean">yes</item>

<item name="Sync_Data" type="boolean">no</item>

<item name="Wi-Fi" type="boolean">yes</item>

<item name="Data_Sync" type="boolean">no</item>

<item name="Account_Setup" type="boolean">yes</item>

<item name="Social_Network_Setup" type="boolean">no</item> - this removes the screen during setup completely

And on this entry you can remove certain options (I only use FB so remove the others, see below)

<function name="Social_Network_Config">

<set name="single">

<item name="Facebook" type="boolean">yes</item>

<item name="Flickr" type="boolean">no</item>

<item name="Twitter" type="boolean">no</item>

<item name="Plurk" type="boolean">no</item>

</set>

Then re-ZIP the ROM and off you go! :angry:

Paul, just wanted to thank you for your work. Much appreciated. And many thanks to all the helpful folks on Modaco who always respond or at least point to the right direction. But more than anyone, thanks to Paul. I can't speak for everyone but my phone has never had a single problem when I followed your steps. Minor issues yes, but the phone was always functional. Big thank you Paul. I'm already an Ad-Free user. Any way I can buy you a beer like with Cyanogen?

No, but you can donate to the MoDaCo charity effort here - http://myprojects.cancerresearchuk.org/group-giving/modaco - more worthy than a beer! :angry:

P

Guest mrshark
If you go into the ZIP and go to /system/customize/CID/ and open the default.xml in wordpad you can remove entries/screens from the setup. e.g.

<set name="single">

<item name="Social_Network_Setup" type="boolean">no</item> - this removes the screen during setup completely

And on this entry you can remove certain options (I only use FB so remove the others, see below)

<set name="single">

</set>

Then re-ZIP the ROM and off you go! :angry:

it's easier to skip those steps... ;-)

I'm using stock kernel atm. If I move from stock kernel (quite likely), I will include loopback.

P

Guest shaigrin
Thanks a lot Pual for the great job!

As Hebrew user, do I still need to include the Hebrew fonts under the "Test language" or this Froyo comes with Heb fonts in the system already?

Sorry to ask again but I get no answer.

This is my 1st MCR, im amazed how fast everything is getting updated.

Aside from GPS not working correctly on this update (previous version did work just fine)

I've got a small problem on all versions, maybe some1 can test and post if its not only for me.

I use the Friendstream Widget and included Twitter and FaceBook.

When i click a new Tweet it opens Peep like normally, but it does NOT jump to the Tweet i selected, it starts on the first one (list view).

On Stock 2.1 it jumped to the right Tweet in the list.

Anyone else?

<set name="single">

<set name="single">

</set>

Then re-ZIP the ROM and off you go! :D

Wow that's really concise - thanks man, I'll have a look. :angry:

I guess I'll need to 'Sign' my rom too after editing it? I've found a guide here which I think looks like what I need: http://androidforums.com/developer-101/866...gning-roms.html

Guest FatherD
there is one made for MCR also on that same XDA thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=724778

Hi Jannik, very true, but I found that installing the MCR zip lost the hsdpa icon .. so I went to the DJDroid one and it came back!

EDIT: hsdpa icon now works properly as shown in this thread posted by Jannik Nielsen:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...o-rom-deodexed/

Edited by FatherD

don't have to sign it if flashing with fake-flash - or get the package on XDA and resign it (thats what I do)

I've been using 'ClockworkMod Recovery v2.0.1.7' to install each custom rom (wiping the data and cache first each time). Sounds like this should do the trick then bud.

I have a 'chrometophone-android.apk' file that I want to add, but I'm not sure if it also needs an .odex file too, so I was going to do more research first..

My plan is to use the online kitchen to get things close to how I want them, then manually tweak a little further before installing it. Sweet, thanks for the advice mate :angry: