MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Pieronip

I have posted before regarding the refusal of the WiFi to sleep after a period of non-use but I do not seem to see others with the same issue. Is any one else seeing this problem? If not, I wonder if a reflash with wipe would fix this for me.

Thanks.

Guest seaders

is there a hack for the stock lock screen to knock off the HTC alarm? I just had the problem of having to reboot the phone to get the alarm off. thanks.

Guest tk1978
is there a hack for the stock lock screen to knock off the HTC alarm? I just had the problem of having to reboot the phone to get the alarm off. thanks.

i installed a 3rd party alarm clock..

Guest Han-Droid
Another update, another success. :angry:

This ROM is great and seems to get better everyday (apart from the vibrate at power off thing - sorry I'm going on a bit aren't I :D ).

I already thought it was me only: Vibrate at power off is a "thing". I am glad that issue has come to table. Shutting down is kinda very slow (r4 - 1st version).

Lol - yep mine needed rebooting this morning to turn the alarm off too! The Android Market place has loads of free alarm clocks though so it's not a massive issue. :angry:

Guest klutsh

Grab the stock Deskclock from another rom, use that inplace of the sense one.

Phone rebooted today during a call. This has only happened to me before using DJ Droid. Haven't been able to reproduce this though...

Guest LouiS22
Downloading, i'll diff against 2.0.4 and pull across what's new / interesting. :angry:

P

Sweet. Newer HBOOT, and a brand new radio it seems.

Guest Pieronip
I have posted before regarding the refusal of the WiFi to sleep after a period of non-use but I do not seem to see others with the same issue. Is any one else seeing this problem? If not, I wonder if a reflash with wipe would fix this for me.

Thanks.

Hi Paul

Just noticed you posting a few replies. Hoping to get your views on this issue.

Just me?

Guest LouiS22
Hi Paul

Just noticed you posting a few replies. Hoping to get your views on this issue.

Just me?

No, I've noticed this, but I always put on charger at home (and that's the only place I turn on wifi). But yes, it's a bug to be solved.

hey Paul, would you give us a hand with the Q I asked at the bottom of the previous page; Post #1100 please

I've not used 720P video in anger as yet. Maybe someone else can check.

P

Guest seaders
Lol - yep mine needed rebooting this morning to turn the alarm off too! The Android Market place has loads of free alarm clocks though so it's not a massive issue. :angry:

Grab the stock Deskclock from another rom, use that inplace of the sense one.

thanks for the suggestions, but I'm really trying to have my cake and eat it too, lol! I really like Desire's clock and widget, but also much prefer the Android lockscreen and don't really want to cut either back. I'm thinking (for those in the know anyway!) it would be easy enough to hack HTC's alarm off into the Android lockscreen, but even if not, it shouldn't be difficult to have just an APK with a widget, or something that could turn it off...

one other thing I've just experienced, during a call, I wasn't able to go to loudspeaker at all. the first few times, a press on the button didn't register at all, then the button would look as if it registered my press, but go off straight after. this just me or is it a bug?

Guest Matchstick

I'm having some problems getting my desire running 14-Jul WIP refresh to work a 2.4GHz 802.11n network.

The desire connects and get a DHCP address fine but the phone will not send traffic over the network, but if I switch the AP back to 802.11g mode then the Desire works fine.

Is this a known problem and if so is there a fix ?

Or alternatively is it possible to add an option to the kitchen to remove the 80.211n driver ?

Guest pfsykes
We're not using a custom kernel at the moment (replied to this previously in fact).

P

Hi Paul,

Can you provide any details or documents on how to compile your own Kernel and install.

I have had experiance doing this for x86 but not any other platfrom.

br

Peter

Guest josifbg

On each MCR I am facing one and the same god damn problem which pisses me off.

It doesn't matter if it`s 2.1 or 2.2 ... it`s a sync problem... Looks like the sync icon is just stuck in there and never succeed to complete the sync even tho all of my contacts are there and synchronized...

I really like the MCR`s but this is really annoying.

Anyone?

Guest Barry Bradford
thanks for the suggestions, but I'm really trying to have my cake and eat it too, lol! I really like Desire's clock and widget, but also much prefer the Android lockscreen and don't really want to cut either back. I'm thinking (for those in the know anyway!) it would be easy enough to hack HTC's alarm off into the Android lockscreen, but even if not, it shouldn't be difficult to have just an APK with a widget, or something that could turn it off...

you can still have the android lockscreen with sense

NOTE: its worked for me however i cannot be held responsible for any damages

Boot into recovery - PWR + Vol Down

Launch win/mac/linux recovery

from term / command prompt

adb shell

adb mount /system

cd /system/app

ls -al

(find the HTC Lock Screen.apk - not sure of the exact name)

rm (name of HTC Lock Screen.apk)

exit

Reboot phone

Should now have the android lock (handy for me as i tend to unlock the phone by mistake when removing from my pocket)

Good luck

Baz