MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest pfsykes
Hi Paul,

Can you provide any details or documents on how to compile your own Kernel and install.

I have had experiance doing this for x86 but not any other platfrom.

br

Peter

Paul any update on this??

Guest seaders
you can still have the android lockscreen with sense

NOTE: its worked for me however i cannot be held responsible for any damages

Boot into recovery - PWR + Vol Down

Launch win/mac/linux recovery

from term / command prompt

adb shell

adb mount /system

cd /system/app

ls -al

(find the HTC Lock Screen.apk - not sure of the exact name)

rm (name of HTC Lock Screen.apk)

exit

Reboot phone

Should now have the android lock (handy for me as i tend to unlock the phone by mistake when removing from my pocket)

Good luck

Baz

sorry mate, don't think you read my post properly, I've got the Android lockscreen, with Sense (sure it's an option with the build selection in the second post!), I just didn't want to have to move to another alarm / clock, I really like Sense's WorldClock, but as far as I was able to tell, I couldn't get the alarm from it to turn off with the Android lockscreen.

I had the same issue this morning, for which my girlfriend stared daggers. However I was able to unlock my phone and silence the alarm.

After some poking around inside the HTC clock app there is under the alarm setting page a 'Side button behavior' section. I've set mine to dismiss now. Hopefully that will save me from having to fight through the unlock screen in the morning :angry:

Additionally, i encountered a bug with the lock screen this morning where a alert when off from my calendar and caused the unlock button graphics on the lock screen to rotate 90 degrees. I have to reproduce this problem. The buttons still functioned as normal and went back to the normal orientation after the first slide of them.

this however! thanks you kind sir, I shoulda poked around myself, but I just never thought there'd be an alternative. this just made this ROM near perfect for me :D

Guest theblueraja

Hi,

Just a small bug i've noticed and i've seen this in a couple of ROM's (this and DJ Droid), when the phone isnt connected to a GSM network you get a notification asking to set the date / time. Setting it or clearing it makes no difference as it returns a couple of minutes later.

Suspect its a Froyo bug and not your ROM, but i dont know if you deal with these as well.

Guest kevinof

I tried this (the slide behavior) and it doesn't work. Alarm keeps going and going and going...

I had the same issue this morning, for which my girlfriend stared daggers. However I was able to unlock my phone and silence the alarm.

After some poking around inside the HTC clock app there is under the alarm setting page a 'Side button behavior' section. I've set mine to dismiss now. Hopefully that will save me from having to fight through the unlock screen in the morning :angry:

Additionally, i encountered a bug with the lock screen this morning where a alert when off from my calendar and caused the unlock button graphics on the lock screen to rotate 90 degrees. I have to reproduce this problem. The buttons still functioned as normal and went back to the normal orientation after the first slide of them.

Guest Golgo
Hi,

Just a small bug i've noticed and i've seen this in a couple of ROM's (this and DJ Droid), when the phone isnt connected to a GSM network you get a notification asking to set the date / time. Setting it or clearing it makes no difference as it returns a couple of minutes later.

Suspect its a Froyo bug and not your ROM, but i dont know if you deal with these as well.

That's an old "feature" in Sense. Always been like that for me anyway.

Had it on the Hero too. If you set the time manually instead of relying on the network time it disappears.

Guest LouiS22
Hi,

Maybe it's related to Date&Time's network provided values, though I haven't seen this notification yet. Maybe some non standard config used by your provider?

Edited by LouiS22

Kitchen updated! :angry:

P

Changelog

r4 WIP refresh

• Patched AdFree app in kitchen
  • Updated Radio from 2.06 leak
  • Jbed Java option
  • Stock Clock option
  • Removed 'Learn More' icon

Guest encrypt
We're not using a custom kernel at the moment (replied to this previously in fact).

P

OK this explains everything... but I suppose you will use the MCK kernel for the final froyo sense rom ?

Guest elminster13
Uploading it to the kitchen now!

P

Oh dear, getting rather confused about the available ROMs! I was about to flash the latest one but wasn't sure whether this one you have uploaded is the "r4 WIP next" or not? an whether I should hang on a couple of hours?

Perhaps the refreshes could have build numbers?

Guest gandalfmuaddib
Uploading it to the kitchen now!

P

Paul is a lean, mean, ROM-producing machine! :angry:

I swear, he never fails to churn out the latest ROM in the shortest time...

On another note, anybody else having issues with HTC's calendar widget? It works fine initially, but after a while my Facebook calendar (the one with all my contacts' birthdays) messes up. I.e. I have a friend's birthday tomorrow and it's showing my next event on Sunday. Might be an issue just limited to my calendar though... :/

Guest Paulo Nobrega

P

Changelog

r4 WIP refresh

• Jbed Java option
  • Stock Clock option

downloading... thanks.... ehe

Guest ZiCoN

P

Changelog

r4 WIP refresh

• Jbed Java option
  • Stock Clock option

On a roll are we? :D ;)

cheers!

I use the newest, GPS not working. The versions before (including the very first) GPS worked.

Aside that I've got a small problem on all versions, maybe some1 can test and post if its not only for me.

I use the Friendstream Widget and included Twitter.

When i click a new Tweet it opens Peep like normally, but it does NOT jump to the Tweet i selected, it starts on the first one (list view).

On Stock 2.1 it jumped to the right Tweet in the list.

Anyone else or just for me?

It actually IS a very minor problem, just want to know if i maybe just need to wipe and flash again.

Guest elminster13
ok which version do you use the newest, maybe i should reflash and update...

well, that is the question. I'm not entirely sure which one I'm using, its either r4 WIP refresh or a later r4 WIP refresh :-)

but im about to download the latest one now.

Guest acejack

oh no! im gonna download the newest version and see for myself, but without the gps its a dealbreaker for me :angry:

*downloading and paying*

Guest LouiS22

Klutsh, sorry to a bit offtopic, but do you have any idea how facebook for HTC Sense sync works? (Did you investigated the proper apps?) I have a theory: if we could locate where FB HTC Sense downloads the images (I mean, your friends images) from FB (which you can use to your call screen), then we probably solve the annoying pciture never gets updated, unless you log out and set up the whole FB thing.

Guest Noonski
OK this explains everything... but I suppose you will use the MCK kernel for the final froyo sense rom ?

I read Paul is doing a lot of work on the Desire to Nexus port of this Release.

He stated that if he can get everything ported and working on the Nexos One, that there'd be a good chance that custom kernel's will be easier to apply for him on this generation of HTC devices.