MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Blackfish79

the battery problem is back... today mornig i unplugged the phone at 100%. After 2 hours it still have 100% with wifi, bluetooth and sync on, then i turned the phone off.

After reboot, the phone is getting warm and it lost over 25% in a hour.

i'll try it now with the new rom release...

Guest kiezel

Hmm I baked a ROM yesterday and my phone got stuck on the HTC bootscreen. Now I'll try it again without additional fontpack and black statusbard I added last time. Fingers crossed!

Guest EddyOS

This has the black status bar already, unless u mean the one with the (rubbish) circle/% mod

Edited by EddyOS

Guest Pieronip
Probably more an app issue but I mention for information. Juice Plotter does not plot any charge/discharge stats. Perhaps Froya keeps the stats in a different location?

Juice plotter has now started working agin after a (good) few restarts. Guess it just wanted to settle down!

:angry:

Guest masi0
Amazing stuff , hoping stock phone.app to be an optional in next release :-)

+1 - this i hope probably will get rid of the 2nd stock swipe to answer the call :angry:

Guest seaders
I tried this (the slide behavior) and it doesn't work. Alarm keeps going and going and going...

yeah, I can also confirm this doesn't work, neither when the phone's locked, or unlocked... unless we're not pressing the side-buttons, but I tried 'em all, vol-up, vol-down, power, trackball... all of 'em.

so still, at the moment, there's no way to turn off the HTC Alarm with the Android lockscreen in place.

Guest Elbereth

Just flashed latest r4 WIP refresh, still got the problem with the music files having weird chars (seems obvious as there was no change about this, I hope r5 will fix this).

Thanks Paul, really nice and smooth ROM. :angry:

Edited by Elbereth

Guest EddyOS
yeah, I can also confirm this doesn't work, neither when the phone's locked, or unlocked... unless we're not pressing the side-buttons, but I tried 'em all, vol-up, vol-down, power, trackball... all of 'em.

so still, at the moment, there's no way to turn off the HTC Alarm with the Android lockscreen in place.

That's why Paul now has the option of the stock clock app so it now works - it brings up a window with snooze and dismiss on it (just tested)

Edited by EddyOS

Guest TristanSun

having the same problem with R4 the Alarm and the vibrate wont stop .

I can "kill" the alarm with my advanced task killer but the vibration wont stop .

And there is no indication on the scream the alarm is on and SNOOZE

Guest elminster13
What happens?

P

I used to use first directs mobile banking solution and it requires a WAP APN to work rather than a standard internet one. I noticied on my handset that only one APN is available as an O2 customer? Don't know whether that helps?

Guest EddyOS
having the same problem with R4 the Alarm and the vibrate wont stop .

I can "kill" the alarm with my advanced task killer but the vibration wont stop .

And there is no indication on the scream the alarm is on and SNOOZE

Read my reply further up...you use the 'Clock' app once you bake it in from the kitchen and set the alarm in that - works fine

I'm just having a look at the '\system\customize\CID\default.xml' file and notice that '<module name="Footprints">' includes the following files:

/system/customize/resource/BigBen.jpg

/system/customize/resource/EiffelTower.jpg

/system/customize/resource/Colosseum.jpg

/system/customize/resource/StatueOfLiberty.jpg

If someone chooses to not install Footprints (under the HTC Applications) would it be possible to also remove these associated files? Not a problem if not as I'm removing them manually, was just something I noticed.

Will be installing todays 'r4 WIP refresh' hopefully this afternoon. Thanks again Paul :angry:

Guest Paulo Nobrega

this ROM is getting faster and faster.. hehe... very smooth indeed...

i noticed a litle more battery drain... or is it just me???

Guest ZiCoN
I used to use first directs mobile banking solution and it requires a WAP APN to work rather than a standard internet one. I noticied on my handset that only one APN is available as an O2 customer? Don't know whether that helps?

I just made a 3rd APN in the mobile network list.

Instead of "menu - save apn" just press the "back button" when you've entered the APN manually. (in apn type in the buttom, I typed default to be able to choose it to be the default connection)

*edit*

After making the apn, I had to reboot in order to make it work properly.

Edited by ZiCoN

Guest Matchstick

Is anyone else having problems with widgets, particularly the 4x1 Sense Calendar widget ?

If I have the widget on the central screen then, when the phone starts up, initially the widget works correctly displaying the next appointment, but after about 10-15 sec the widget flashes and the appointment disppears and doesn't get redisplayed no matter how long I wait.

Similar things happen with other widgets but usually they recover after a while but the HTC calendar on just seems to sit there.

It does seem to be something specific to the start up process as if I kill and restart Sense after boot the problem doesn't occur...

I am using APP2SD+ but since the widget starts up correctly initially I'm not sure that's the problem.

Guest lamdin

Dear Paul and the rest of you...

Please forgive an Android beginner like myself....

Just dumped my 3g iPhone for the HTC Desire...

Is there any simple guide in this site that explains, step after step, how to flash the new Custom ROM (possibly a Youtube link?) for a rooted Desire device?

Thanks

Guest pfsykes

Is there any simple guide in this site that explains, step after step, how to flash the new Custom ROM (possibly a Youtube link?) for a rooted Desire device?

Thanks

Hi,

have a look at the links below to get you started. you need to read the instructions to the letter to ensure you get rooted. This topic is for the WIP of FroYo 2.2 with Sense (Development Version).

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...online-kitchen/

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...o-1-21-support/

EDIT:

Have a look at the first page and sign up for add free MoDaCo or premium. This will then let you bake your own ROM for FroYo 2.2 with Sense.

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...oyo-with-sense/

Peter

Edited by pfsykes

Guest Paulo Nobrega

Thanks

it's very easy...since u already have it rooted, as far as i understood, just download ROM manager from the market

There u have an option to install zip from SD card... U can do all this on the Desire..

then it just reboots and u are done.. Dont forget to check the "Save this ROM" so it can do a Nandroid Backup..

then if u have any issues just tell us :angry:

Guest gandalfmuaddib
Is anyone else having problems with widgets, particularly the 4x1 Sense Calendar widget ?

If I have the widget on the central screen then, when the phone starts up, initially the widget works correctly displaying the next appointment, but after about 10-15 sec the widget flashes and the appointment disppears and doesn't get redisplayed no matter how long I wait.

Similar things happen with other widgets but usually they recover after a while but the HTC calendar on just seems to sit there.

It does seem to be something specific to the start up process as if I kill and restart Sense after boot the problem doesn't occur...

I am using APP2SD+ but since the widget starts up correctly initially I'm not sure that's the problem.

Yup, having that problem too. Mentioned this a few pages back...

Don't think it's related to App2SD+ as I am using Froyo's native A2SD. Might just be a bug in the widget itself that I don't suppose any of us here can fix unless the source code is released for it (but correct me if I'm wrong...)

Not sure what's causing it though, can't seem to reliably reproduce this bug...

Guest Matchstick
Yup, having that problem too. Mentioned this a few pages back...

Don't think it's related to App2SD+ as I am using Froyo's native A2SD. Might just be a bug in the widget itself that I don't suppose any of us here can fix unless the source code is released for it (but correct me if I'm wrong...)

Not sure what's causing it though, can't seem to reliably reproduce this bug...

hmmm I wonder if anyone has seen the problem with the "stock" HTC Froyo release to see whether it's a general problem with this ROM or the widgets (and so will likely need fixing by HTC) or if there's something in the MCRing of the ROM that's gone awry...