MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest lamdin
it's very easy...since u already have it rooted, as far as i understood, just download ROM manager from the market

There u have an option to install zip from SD card... U can do all this on the Desire..

then it just reboots and u are done.. Dont forget to check the "Save this ROM" so it can do a Nandroid Backup..

then if u have any issues just tell us :angry:

Thanks very much!

My device IS rooted....

Another question, if I may:

If I bake a ROM including the A2SD+ option, do I still need to format my SD card with EXT partition?

If yes -

Can I "unmount" my SD card and use the format action on the device itself? or do I need a new SD card?

and, what is the best/simple software to do that?

10x for your help

Guest mottikeren
is it just me or is there anyone else who cant record videos ?

The SAME FOR ME ,after 5 sec the phone reboots, as well as the FM radion gives an error , same with last version. any ideas???

Guest harge
The SAME FOR ME ,after 5 sec the phone reboots, as well as the FM radion gives an error , same with last version. any ideas???

Thanks - I'll wait to upgrade radio untill Paul has commented ;-)

/Martin

Guest gandalfmuaddib

I seem to be able to use the FM Radio with no problems with the latest radio leak: 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08.

And no problems with video recording as well. Which encoding are you using?

Guest seaders
Read my reply further up...you use the 'Clock' app once you bake it in from the kitchen and set the alarm in that - works fine

this is the thing, I don't want the stock alarm, I prefer HTC's WorldClock and the alarm within that, I just want a way to turn it off, while still using the Android lockscreen. it's not a priority, obviously, but there's clearly a few people who'd like the same, they like the HTC clock, but the Android lockscreen, but with that setup, there's no way to turn the alarm off. your suggestion isn't a solution, it's a circumvention. it's how the stock lockscreen works with the other Clock app, not HTC's clock.

Guest pierreburel

Hi Paul,

this rom sounds awesome.

Any chance to have the choice of replacing the HTC browser with the stock/AOSC one ? I really don't like the way the HTC browser hide the top of the webpage with the adress bar while loading.

Actually I think the only thing I like in Sense are Rosie, the widgets and the lockscreen (with music controls).

Another question : is the sorting issue in the HTC music app fixed ?

Thx !

Guest Davey IJzermans

Hi Paul,

I think there's a minor difficulty with the kitchen when baking with Google Chrome / Chromium. When I select my options and press bake, it's almost instantly ready and begins downloading a 140MB file. However, it stops when the download reaches about 41MB and the zip isn't extractable.

I've cleared my cache etc. in Chromium but to no avail. Other (webkit) browsers work fine.

Just to let you now. I've now baked my ROM with Safari, works great. Signed and MD5 signature is correct.

Thanks for the great work on the ROMs. I feel this whole custom ROM thing is even more exciting than new Apple iPhone software updates, which are released much, much slower. (comin' from an iPhone here!)

Hmm tried recording in 720p and 800x480 with no issues recorded 5 minutes of my office ceiling...riveting stuff!

Hi Paul,

I think there's a minor difficulty with the kitchen when baking with Google Chrome / Chromium. When I select my options and press bake, it's almost instantly ready and begins downloading a 140MB file. However, it stops when the download reaches about 41MB and the zip isn't extractable.

I've cleared my cache etc. in Chromium but to no avail. Other (webkit) browsers work fine.

Just to let you now. I've now baked my ROM with Safari, works great. Signed and MD5 signature is correct.

Thanks for the great work on the ROMs. I feel this whole custom ROM thing is even more exciting than new Apple iPhone software updates, which are released much, much slower. (comin' from an iPhone here!)

Could be a Mac Chrome issue, using 5.0.375 on a Windows XP machine and done 4 or 5 bakes today without issue :s

Guest EddyOS

Seems to be a solution to me as you're using the clock app that's meant to work with the lockscreen. HTC made their own apps to work together so it'd probably take a fair amount of engineering to get working

Guest Eduardo Oliveira
Is anyone else having problems with widgets, particularly the 4x1 Sense Calendar widget ?

If I have the widget on the central screen then, when the phone starts up, initially the widget works correctly displaying the next appointment, but after about 10-15 sec the widget flashes and the appointment disppears and doesn't get redisplayed no matter how long I wait.

Similar things happen with other widgets but usually they recover after a while but the HTC calendar on just seems to sit there.

It does seem to be something specific to the start up process as if I kill and restart Sense after boot the problem doesn't occur...

I am using APP2SD+ but since the widget starts up correctly initially I'm not sure that's the problem.

I have the same problem with Calendar widget and I dont have APP2SD+.

Anytime I reboot the phone, I remove and re-add the widget. After that, it works fine.

Guest seaders

I don't think we're (I'm certainly not) looking for the Android lockscreen to work seemlessy with the HTC alarm, we're just looking for any way to turn the alarm off, if it goes off. the clock also gives the option of a side-button behaviour, but that's not working either. again, for those in the know, I can't imagine a simple app wouldn't work to shut the alarm off, if no-one else comes up with a solution, I'll look to do it myself, but I think that there's probably a lot of people with a lot more knowledge that'd be able to do this much quicker and more efficiently than me at this point.

Guest N!nja
What happens?

P

On Rom 3.1 when i use Sim toolkit GSM banking, i must enter 4 numbers of password and that working good. But on this new Rom Froyo with Sense i can only 1 number enter. Other 3 numbers are inactive. Can you help me?

Guest Eduardo Oliveira

This is a bug or a "feature"?

In original HTC ROM and MCR 3.1, a direct dial shortcut, shows (or try) the entire contact name.

Example: "John White" is displayed like "John White" or "John Whi..." if the name has a large number of characters (I dont know what is the limit).

In MCR 4, the shortcut shows only the first part of the contact name, in the example, just "John".

Guest Paulo Nobrega
Thanks very much!

My device IS rooted....

Another question, if I may:

If I bake a ROM including the A2SD+ option, do I still need to format my SD card with EXT partition?

If yes -

Can I "unmount" my SD card and use the format action on the device itself? or do I need a new SD card?

and, what is the best/simple software to do that?

10x for your help

Well.. I used A2SD+ for the first time with this 2.2 ROM..

I backup up all my apps with Titanium Backup and the whole SD card, just in case...

Then with ROM Manager i partitioned the SD card. U can find there the option easily.. Just choose 0mb for the swap (cause the RAMof the Desire is fastest) and 512 for the ext2 partition... Note that this will erase all your data in the SD card. So, after u backup things with Nandroid or Titatium backup, copy all SD content to PC just in case.

Then bake the ROM with A2SD+ option.

Flash it and then recover things with titatium backup...

If i'm not mistaken it will restore apps to the ext partition... Or, as i already thought, they will move to ext after an update to the app...

hope this somehow helps..

Guest TristanSun
Read my reply further up...you use the 'Clock' app once you bake it in from the kitchen and set the alarm in that - works fine

I bake a new one from the kitchen with the clock now there is a improve when the phone is not locked its asking to dismiss or snooze (not how it use to look ) .

but when the phone is locked there is nothing to stop him

Pls. fix

Guest Martin22

Hi Paul, i have same problem with the latest release of rom in sim toolkit gsm banking as N!nja.

Edited by Martin22

Guest EddyOS

I got both options - locked and unlocked - with stock lockscreen/clock combo so it does work. And it won't look the same as it's not HTCs work, its stock Android

Edited by EddyOS

Guest Noonski

Yesterday I repartitioned my SD card 8G to go to 256MB ext.

Since partitioning in recovery gave me issues in the beginning (a month ago), I always do it through ADB via this explanation.

http://androidandme.com/2009/08/news/how-t...ndroid-apps2sd/

I then do use recovery to upgrade the ext2 to ext3 as I don't have the upgrade_fs file.

I found it would be damned hard to fill up 512 MB and on 256MB i now still have 80 MB free with all my apps installed.

Just flashed the last refresh from today.

I have no issues with GPS it catches my location correctly.

The Sync icon can hang but that is from the Google Callendar hanging a bit and it disappears after a while.

Mind you i have remove everything sense including the HTC Location service apk.

The last one made the com.htc.bgp errors dissapear so it think htc location service has.causes issues with the replaced networklocation.apk

Then again i haven't put back htclocationservice in the latest refresh so it might also be solved.

I've just installed the latest rom (inc the radio image), via a full wipe of data and cache first. It seemed strangely fast, almost as if it didn't actually install anything. Seems to work fine but "the new 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08 radio image" hasn't applied and it still shows the 'Learn More' icon. I'm a bit confused, has anyone else had this as I'm not sure where I've gone wrong? And obviously money is on me being the one at fault! :angry:

It was the fact that I did a full wipe, then the super fast install that's odd...

post-711710-1279207115_thumb.png

Guest Paulo Nobrega
On my desire no prob. I can see 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08 :angry:

mine shows the same...

Jez_ may if u try to apply the radio update manually over the recovery...

Guest mianfri

Hi paul and people:

i flash the last rom, and it's really fast. i love your work paul, but i have two problems with them....

When i run the app router wifi, i can't connect with desi via wifi. And when i try for second time... the phone reboot. Somebody same?

another. And this is very important for me. I use the SUFBS app and when i mount /system/app/ in RW mode, and copy or delete something in it, at the moment that i remount on RO mode.... PLUF!!! my phone reboot. Someboby same?

Thanks for your work and sorry for my some bad english. I hope that somebody can help me.