MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest StuMcBill
Hi guys,

I've baked myself a rom from the online kitchen and flashed it just fine, however I have a question about the A2SD+. I had the option of putting A2SD+ on the ROM and I did so. Afterwards, I partitioned my SD Card with Rom Manager which all worked fine. When I go under Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Downloaded and when I click on one of the downloaded apps, it give me bunch of options including MOVE TO SD CARD but it is FADED, so I obviously can't do it.

I also checked under Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/On SD Card to see if it automatically puts the apps in the SD Card but there is nothing in there either.

Any help on how this is supposed to work?

Thnx

If you have selected A2SD+, just ignore the "MOVE TO SD" card option in Froyo, A2SD+ takes care of it and installs every app to SD card automatically.

Guest sucramco
No fix for notification stopping music bug on this update. :angry:

I have that, however all music seems to be really choppy. When I turned off all notifications music didn't stop, I still get choppiness on most tracks though. I dragged the music files off and played them on a different source, and they were fine. I even tried meridian music player, that is the same.

I'll update with the latest rom and do a wipe and see what happens.

If anyone knows any reason. My mem card is a Samsung 8gig class 4 if that helps so I am sure that is fast enough.

Edited by sucramco

Guest warrie

i tried that rom for some days now and the only problem is that the market is very slow. if i want to download an install apps i takes very long time downloading and installing.

already installed that marketfix, but seems nothing changed.

any1 else got that issue?

Guest Paulo Nobrega
Muito Obrigado Paulo,

I've installed Quick System Info and it seems like it is putting them into the SD Card.

LOL... De nada!

And u can also check easily that SD space decreases... ahaha.. That was what i did to make sure...

But remember, some apps still need to be installed in RAM, but the app takes care of that auto.. U dont even have to worry :angry:

Guest dodolom
LOL... De nada!

And u can also check easily that SD space decreases... ahaha.. That was what i did to make sure...

But remember, some apps still need to be installed in RAM, but the app takes care of that auto.. U dont even have to worry :angry:

One other thing. On the r3.1 Online Kitchen, there was an app you had the option of baking into the rom, called CONTACTS which I liked a lot better than the stock one. Is there any place to get that app/feature or is there any app you can recommend to replace the stock PHONE feature.

Thanks again,

P.S: What part of Portugal are u from? I lived there for 2 months in the summer of 2000, in Lisboa and I've been to Portugal 3 times before that, also been to Porto,Algarve. My favorite country in the world :D

Guest Paulo Nobrega
One other thing. On the r3.1 Online Kitchen, there was an app you had the option of baking into the rom, called CONTACTS which I liked a lot better than the stock one. Is there any place to get that app/feature or is there any app you can recommend to replace the stock PHONE feature.

Thanks again,

P.S: What part of Portugal are u from? I lived there for 2 months in the summer of 2000, in Lisboa and I've been to Portugal 3 times before that, also been to Porto,Algarve. My favorite country in the world :angry:

ehehe... I live mostly in Vila real, at the north, dividing my free time between Porto.. eheh

I use the standard contacts app, so i can really say much about that... But i read that many ppl use and are happy with aContacts and Contacts blast...

maybe some else can help u with that :D

Edited by Paulo Nobrega

Guest Surfinette
I had that before to. But when I changed the Min Clock to be the same as the Max Clock for CPU the stutter was gone.

(Using Ultime Juice)

@ noonski

How did you do that? I can't get JuiceDefender to work with this new ROM (R4). Which version of JuiceDefender are you using? I find version 1.81 to be very buggy and unstable with the R4 ROM, and I don't seem to have access to the CPU setting with version 1.79 (I have Ultimate Juice too)...

Also, did you manage to lower the max CPU using Juice Defender with ROM R4? (I want to try to do this to extend battery life)

Guest Noonski
Yes, I select, the problem is that.

I've had something similar when I cleared out the Data in Application manager for Settings and Settings storage, that also killed HTC Sync manager for me once. Reflashed the Rom to fix it then.

Guest Zooklubba

Uhum, I dont want to use the sense launcher. I used ProLauncher and the default lock screen. Put an alarm and switched off the screen. I couldnt find no possible way to actually make the alarm stop. SwitchPros reboot button didnt work either :S. After 2 minutes experimenting I got tired of it and yanked the battery.

How can you stop the fkn alarm?

Guest Noonski
@ noonski

How did you do that? I can't get JuiceDefender to work with this new ROM (R4). Which version of JuiceDefender are you using? I find version 1.81 to be very buggy and unstable with the R4 ROM, and I don't seem to have access to the CPU setting with version 1.79 (I have Ultimate Juice too)...

Also, did you manage to lower the max CPU using Juice Defender with ROM R4? (I want to try to do this to extend battery life)

I have version 1.76

Give me a moment to get the APK (not for Ultimate Juice of course, but that doesn't do anything anyway besides unlocking)

These should work with any version of Ultimate Juice. Just found this app "Cools" that sets the

I'll do a little test with seepu to be sure.

Checked with OS Monitor in the end.

I set Juice Defender not no scale above 652, but in OS Monitor you can still see it peaking to 998.

So either it was psychological or it actually did something to the video.

I'll test with a few more videos in a moment to be sure there's a difference.

I have that, however all music seems to be really choppy. When I turned off all notifications music didn't stop, I still get choppiness on most tracks though. I dragged the music files off and played them on a different source, and they were fine. I even tried meridian music player, that is the same.

I'll update with the latest rom and do a wipe and see what happens.

If anyone knows any reason. My mem card is a Samsung 8gig class 4 if that helps so I am sure that is fast enough.

Also had this a few times where music play back was Choppy in Mort Player. Had to close Mortplayer to get them back to normal again, weird.

For those wanting to replace alarm app/dock, check out alarm clock plus v2. I like the options it has for connecting dock and configuring the Dock buttons.

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but the com.htc.bgp FC errors are directly linked to the GPS, HTC Location and more importantly, the general cause is disabling the HTC Weather app when you bake / build a rom.

I'll go it a go then putting back weather (and all those pesky other weather related services to see if that gets the error gone).

But for me having senseless setup loosing the htc location service also got rid of the errors (again not a good solution for sense users)

com.latedroid.juicedefender1.7.6.Beta.apk.zip

com.latedroid.juiceplotter1.1.6.apk.zip

Edited by Noonski

Have downloaded a fresh rom bake, wiped data and cache - installed properly this time and radio is now up to date. Thanks Paul! :angry:

Unfortunately now when I go in to: Settings > Connect to PC, it crashes.

At first I assumed it was because I didn't bake in 'HTC Sync support', but even with it still crashes so I guess I was barking up the wrong tree with that...

Guest dodolom

Hey guys,

I always use the built-in gmail app and when I was using a r3.1 rom and when I tapped on a new e-mail notification, it would take me directly to the inbox which I loved but in this r4, when I tap on the new e-mail notification, it takes me directly to the message instead of the inbox. I checked the settings and there is no setting for it.

Anyone has any suggestions?

Guest goa200
Have downloaded a fresh rom bake, wiped data and cache - installed properly this time and radio is now up to date. Thanks Paul! :angry:

At first I assumed it was because I didn't bake in 'HTC Sync support', but even with it still crashes so I guess I was barking up the wrong tree with that...

got exatly the same problem.

cant mount the sd and when i try to go into settings-connect to pc it fc's

Guest mrshark
now 2.06.832.1 is out this paragraph is probably irrelevant. but today I was browsing the web on my Desire with the version before the leaked 2.06 radio was out, when I noticed my phone all of a sudden got really hot then rebooted, once it rebooted again it kept doing so each time it loaded up, after leaving it for 1 hour to cool down, I now know and came to the conclusion that the reason it was shutting down was because the phone was getting too hot. Has anyone else noticed this? Also the new radio might fix this but I noticed battery drain was terrible.

i'm still on standard stock rom, but this weekend i'll root my desire and try the r5 rom (if it's online) to try to escape from this behaviour... all started a month ago, while i was using google maps navigator: phone became very hot, and rebooted... wait to return cold, retried, again hot and rebooted, and again after an other 10 minutes... gps+hsdpa=hot+reboot... last night, while it was charging, it became EXTREAMELY hot, i had to remove cable, open and leave out battery for a long while... htc told me to hardreset, leave out battery for a night and retry... but MANY told on this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...402&page=16 that it's an hardware fault, and only changing motherboard solved their problems... uff, i do not want to send my Desire to htc NOW: it's july, i risk to resee it at september :angry:

Edited by mrshark

Guest theblueraja

Is there a Wifi-N update for this ROM or can i use an existing one? I really miss this over DJ Droid as i can get Wireless out in the back garden with N.

Guest Noonski

Test videos in bad light conditions.

Without CPU scaling in Juice Defender

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqETjwaaPC8

CPU throthling to max.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG8jvOuYOtY

It looks like both are good without the hickups, I don't think Juice Defender is doing anything at all and is listing the max CPU freq wrong in notifications. I did the same test a week ago on the first UDK Leaked version and it made a difference then, i did have choppy with under-clocking and it dissapeared after Over-clocking

I'll test again tomorrow with more light.

Is there a Wifi-N update for this ROM or can i use an existing one? I really miss this over DJ Droid as I can get Wireless out in the back garden with N.

It should have, but someone posted earlier he had problems with uploading, but not recieving.

Theres not been enough response on Wifi N in the thread.

Edited by Noonski

Guest dodolom

is it just me or the picture quality is quite bad on the Desire. My old iPhone 3G used to take better pictures than this and it was only 2mp. I know that higher MP doesn't always mean better quality but still, this is really bad. I will attach this picture that I just took. I know this is off-topic but just wanted to share my frustration. First image is from the Desire, Second is from my old iPhone 3g.

post-719178-1279229086_thumb.jpg

post-719178-1279229411_thumb.jpg

Edited by dodolom

Guest theblueraja
It should have, but someone posted earlier he had problems with uploading, but not recieving.

Theres not been enough response on Wifi N in the thread.

I've looked over at XDA and searched here but could find no zip file for this rom to update to N?

Do you know which wifi-N zip we should be using? Has Paul commented on Wifi-N in his roms?

Guest Noonski
is it just me or the picture quality is quite bad on the Desire. My old iPhone 3G used to take better pictures than this and it was only 2mp. I know that higher MP doesn't always mean better quality but still, this is really bad. I will attach this picture that I just took. I know this is off-topic but just wanted to share my frustration.

I get better shots.

Somtimes when i forget to Autofocus they are as crappy as yours.

Uploading to Twitter ATM.

http://twitpic.com/25lbj9

&

http://twitpic.com/25lbp0

Edited by Noonski

Guest theblueraja
WiFi N is already included?

P

Hmm, im typing this on my laptop connected at 150mbps via N, my phone is connected at 38mbps, i presume via G.

Im using your R4 WIP build as of about 3pm yesterday.

Any ideas why its not working?

EDIT - Forget it - I "forgot" the wifi settings and reapplied them for my network on my phone, it connected at 65mbps.

Stange it didnt connect via N first time round though - i'll keep an eye on it.

Edited by theblueraja

Guest tuatha

Some app compatibility seems to be broken

Attempting to install google sky map from the market causes the phone to freeze. I'm on yesterday's ROM, btw, not the most recent one.

Could somebody else check and see if they have the same issue?

Edited by tuatha

Guest dodolom
Yup yours are a lot fuzier then what i'm getting, but it doesn't look like a general problem.

No Crash on Google Sky Maps but my setup is a bit more stripped then most, so no real good comparison.

I've looked at the engadget review @ http://www.engadget.com/photos/htc-desire-...photos/#2853107 and they are much better than what I am getting. I wonder why.

Guest Noonski
I've looked at the engadget review @ http://www.engadget.com/photos/htc-desire-...photos/#2853107 and they are much better than what I am getting. I wonder why.

Can you post all your settings, and do a bit of lens whiping, maybe make a few without lens?

About com.htc.bgp error.

I just added in The HTC Location service and Weather and related services.

So far so good no errors.

I'm not in the mood to remove these parts again one by one to narrow it down.

But i tested setting time to Auto and started weather app. but still no error, ussually these would pop up earlier after boot.

Edited by Noonski

Guest PandaKiller

Paul I 'm desperate. Help us...