MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Pieronip
I'm finding I'm having poor battery life not least as the wifi doesn't seem to be turning off after 15 minutes .

Are people who are finding the battery life to be very good either not using wifi, manually turning off wifi when not needed or using something like juice defender ot locale to automatically turn off wifi ?

Also back at the problem of calendar widgets etc being blanked out after a reboot I've found I can (reasonably) reliably replicate the problem by switching the USB connection to Disk Drive. (I also see the same problem switching back from disk drive to HTC Sync or Charge Only mode - switching between Charge Only and HTC Sync is Ok hence my comments about this being related to the SD card)

None of the widgets are mounted on the SD card using Froyo App2SD and if I delete and readd the widget while still in Disk drive mode the widget works fine but there is obviously somethign screwy going on here which seems to be related to how the desire handles the SD card.

I have asked about this and it would seem that the unsleeping WiFi is a known issue which will be resolved in due course. I manually disable WiFi when it is not needed and I find the battery life is excellent. I think Juice Defender relies on the ROM to control WiFi beacuse, although I use JD, the WiFi never sleeps.

Guest Noonski
Could not formatting the SD card in the correct order really be the freeze at htc screen problem?

Paul's responded to this in MCR3.1 and R21 Threads and when i started i could also not get past it untill i partitioned through ADB.

Guest rveupen
Paul's responded to this in MCR3.1 and R21 Threads and when i started i could also not get past it untill i partitioned through ADB.

Sorry I didn't read back that far.

Was always using the stock rooted rom and decided to test Froyo.

Thx for this information...going to try the flash again.

Will let you know.

Guest Matchstick
Did someone test this ROM : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=726300

+ and - of this new Rom compared to Modaco ?

A new source anyway to compare and have the best in Modaco ROM ;-)

I've just tried that rom and it seems to fix the problem with the Widgets being blank that I've been having and wifi also turns off after 15 minutes on standby.

But I was having problems with the wifi after you wake the phone back up in that the wifi would be continually disabled and re-enabled so I've switched back to MCR r4 for the moment.

Hopefully Paul can incorporate the Widget and Wifi sleep fixes into MCR r5 but without the continually restarting wifi problem.

Edited by Matchstick

Any ETA? =)

Just as soon as it's ready. :angry:

Managed to sort some lil niggly things in there that I couldn't get working for 2.04, so that's good (nothing particularly significant for the end user tho, heh).

P

Guest woti17
Working on 2.06 don't worry. :angry:

P

hi paul

is there any chance to get a working "iptables" again

beside a new compiled kernel with iptables multiport enabled?

or is there any way to try an alternative kernel?

would be nice to have the firewall back

w

Edited by woti17

Guest paeaeppae
Just as soon as it's ready. :angry:

Managed to sort some lil niggly things in there that I couldn't get working for 2.04, so that's good (nothing particularly significant for the end user tho, heh).

P

"Just as soon as it's ready."

Now the master is the king at suspense......eagerly awaiting the new build!

Guest saxofonbrian
This might be an old topic but has anyone been getting timeouts since the Wireless N feature has been added?

I could use my wireless for long periods of time, but I find myself now rebooting my router to get it back up again.

The internet works for the LAN when the wireless times out but eh...it's kind of annoying...

+1

Perhaps this is related?

Kind regards, Brian

Edited by saxofonbrian

Guest Bol2riz
I'm using juice defender to turn off wifi on sleep, but i use a lot wifi more than 3G and i don't have any battery drain problem, like i said i never saw that on a smartphone, 9h/1% on sleep O_o

Maybe you've got an issue with your battery indicator... :angry:

Just Kidding

Guest rveupen

No matter what I do I can't get R4 to boot my device.

Stays at the green HTC screen whitout Quietly Brilliant showing up.

I have formatted the sd card with ADB. First the Fat 32 15,5gb then the ext2 750mb

Reboot the phone and upgrade ext2 to ext3 with a no go.

Do I have to wait some time at that screen or should it boot up quite quick?

Not sure what to do to get this to work.

Going back to 2.1

Edited by rveupen

Guest oleander
I hope this can help you resolve this error from popping up for users disabling weather in the kitchen.

For those that want to try out if this also solves their com.htc.bgp error i'm attaching an UNSIGNED update to flash and put these back in. Use this only if you get the error and want to help confirm that this works.

Or maybe you can also add an option to remove the HTC Location Service for those users that are going for a Senseless Rom.

This post so much have saved the day! I've been having FC's since the original R4 WIP and trying an unscientific approach by arbitrarily removing Sense related stuff didn't help.

This did! :angry:

Guest Han-Droid
No matter what I do I can't get R4 to boot my device.

Stays at the green HTC screen whitout Quietly Brilliant showing up.

I have formatted the sd card with ADB. First the Fat 32 15,5gb then the ext2 750mb

Reboot the phone and upgrade ext2 to ext3 with a no go.

Do I have to wait some time at that screen or should it boot up quite quick?

Not sure what to do to get this to work.

Going back to 2.1

try it with fat32 only on sd-card an don't select any of the ap2sd options in kitchen.

Guest dedreiix

Hi Paul,

when I try to charge my Desire while using it in the car via a usb-cable to cigarette-lighter-adapter it is unmounting the SD-Card so I can´t use the phone properly.

Is there a possibility that this will be fixed soon? :angry:

Guest Noonski
This post so much have saved the day! I've been having FC's since the original R4 WIP and trying an unscientific approach by arbitrarily removing Sense related stuff didn't help.

This did! :D

Thanks

Wow your a great example. You + Me makes two confirms for this. (not scientific enough ATM :angry:)

Now if those other 9 downloaders could give some feedback.

The Fix can be found here:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/313...0/#entry1345425

For the non thread Reading bakers having com.htc.bgp force closes you can try this to fix it.

Edited by Noonski

Guest twisted_mind

Bluetooth automatically switches on after every reboot... and takes a really long time to turn off. Say about 15-30 minutes. Any clues?

Guest PandaKiller
Bluetooth automatically switches on after every reboot... and takes a really long time to turn off. Say about 15-30 minutes. Any clues?

Another bug to solve.

I solve my problem with HTC Sync making a wipe and restore all data with Titanium Backup

Try to make a backup and wipe everything.

Guest marshmellowman

on the alarm front, i've just tested out mine with the stock android keyboard and i noticed that once i unlock the phone i get a popup asking me to dismiss the alarm (using the HTC app) so I don't even need to switch to the stock app. not sure if this is the case for others.

2.06 final testing now.

Regulars will know I like to give people something to play with over the weekend (i'm not generally online / working much at weekends - family time!)

P