MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

I thought at first it was the 2.06 kernel, but now I am not sure, I rolled back to the previous kernel and still get the move2sd error.

All though it could be a permission in the ramdisc init's, not gone through those yet.

I am trying a few more thing's too, just hope HTC sort all this before final release, the 2.2 sense is that good already it's almost tempting to not root :angry:

This will be fixed in the next build.

P

@Paul

Could you maybe somehow Patch the Original Froyo Launcher, so that a click on the Phone-Button opens the HTC Phone Application?

At the moment it just says, that the application is not installed on the phone (probably it wants to launch the stock Phone-app).

This will be fixed in the next build (fixed in r4, just forgot for r5, heh!)

P

Ok, Paul, anybody? I've posted 3 times so far & not one response! Can someone please tell me if this ROM (Froyo) supports HTML email? It doesn't appear to no matter how I try & setup exchange?

My apologies if this is a well known fact or otherwise? I installed R3.1 back & the HTML email works, I can't help but feel ignored?

If nobody's replying then nobody has a reply for you.

I could say yes / no, but in truth I haven't seen an issue with HTML email personally, hence I leave it for someone else to answer.

P

Guest McPondy
Thats not a bug, its build this way :angry:

From an older Post:

"inside the HTC clock app there is under the alarm setting page a 'Side button behavior' section. I've set mine to dismiss now."

This way you can turn off alarm by pressing volume button ... works fine.

This made no effect, still couldn't dismiss the alarm, had to soft reset. Time for another bake'n'flash.

Guest Han-Droid

"WiFi Status Indicator"

just would like to mention here that this thingy doesn't work. It once did in one of Paul's rX-mcr but now it doesn't anymore?!

Guest Original_Illium

Thanks Paul, at least you answered thank you, nevertheless I have used the same exchange server address etc as I have used on the non-Froyo ROM, on this (Froyo) ROM. It doesn't work.

I have a Nexus One also & have performed the OTA update to Froyo & it (now) doesn't appear to support HTML emails either. In fact it & this (Desire) ROM won't accept the exchange server details (which support HTML emails). However the same details are accepted by the previous non-Froyo ROM which by the way is Modaco's R3.1 ROM.

Our server address starts with mack.XXXXX.net.au however if I use the www.XXXXX.net.au server address it accepts it but no HTML emails.

Edited by Original_Illium

Guest berni4000

Paul, i like your roms very much. Now using r3.1 because of HTC Sync.

I need this Software because of my huge outlook-Database.

Is there a chance to reinclude HTC Sync to your froyo-rom?

Thank you for your great work!:-)

Bernd

Damme

Germany

HTC Desire & HTC HD 2

Guest StuMcBill
Paul, i like your roms very much. Now using r3.1 because of HTC Sync.

I need this Software because of my huge outlook-Database.

Is there a chance to reinclude HTC Sync to your froyo-rom?

Thank you for your great work!:-)

Bernd

Damme

Germany

HTC Desire & HTC HD 2

I thought HTC Sync was included in r5?

Guest klutsh

This is an interesting find in the logcat

E/OMXMaster(  166): A component of name 'OMX.qcom.video.decoder.divx' already exists, ignoring this one.

Guest seaders
Thats not a bug, its build this way :angry:

From an older Post:

"inside the HTC clock app there is under the alarm setting page a 'Side button behavior' section. I've set mine to dismiss now."

This way you can turn off alarm by pressing volume button ... works fine.

this does not work for me. never has, same as quite a few others, too. just tested again there, with the most recent build and have had to, once again, shut the phone down to stop the alarm.

unless of course I'm doing it wrong, but I doubt it. I've pressed volume up and volume down with the screen off, screen on but locked and with the phone unlocked, is there a specific way it should be used?

Guest Jagdish
The hebrew fonts option in the kitchen is missing :angry: (was there a few hours ago...).

Please fix.

Thanks

Hebrew fonts are preinstalled on 2.2 hence the removal of that option (i guess)

Guest Ajthescot

could any one help me out here please .

i have been trying to get some apps to move to phone storage . ie apps with widgets .

i have tried flashing with and without a2sd . but cant move them .

i keep having to replace them as they appear as problem loading widget or image every time i mount or reboot.

is this something that i just have to get used to or am i missing something.

thanks

Guest slaguru
I have some usb disk drive conectivity problems... someone else? (I did'nt wipe for a while.. can be only me)

Had this a couple of builds ago. Not now, but I did do a full wipe.

Also my cable was playing up, replaced it and all worked well. Just a thought.

Guest slaguru
Does the latest ROM solve the issues with the HSPDA sign ('H') and the issues with

paid apps in the market (disappear) ?

H is there, and I re downloaded one of my paid apps from the market. have not bought any news ones though.

Guest Jagdish
Had this a couple of builds ago. Not now, but I did do a full wipe.

Also my cable was playing up, replaced it and all worked well. Just a thought.

I didnt wipe, upgraded from R4 to R5 with the R4 kernel and USB issue is there, was wondering if a wipe would do the trick but im tired of re-organizing all my home screens time after time again...

Edited by Jagdish

Guest kingqueen

O2 MMS failure

hi,

I've had to go back to R3.1. The reason being that no matter what I do, I am unable to send MMS using R4 or R5. On O2 UK.

On booting R3.1 I'm asked whether I want O2 Prepaid, Postpaid or Tesco Mobile; on selecting O2 Prepaid it works fine. On R4 and R5 I am not offered such a choice. Whilst GPRS etc. works fine, MMS doesn't.

I have tried the following:

1. deleting and manually inserting APNs
  2. the autoconfiguration tool from O2 (refuses my mobile number)
  3. complete wipe and then install R4 / R5 from scratch
  4. a Titanium Backup from R3, wipe and install R4 / R5 and apply settings via Titanium Backup
  5. upgrading from R3.1 to R4 / R5 without wiping

None of which works.

The error on attempting to send an MMS (occurs in both stock HTC messaging app and Handcent): after waiting for timeout, "general network error". It retries a few times, then gives up without sending it a few minutes later. (Not tried receiving an MMS when this occurs.)

Happily R3.1 does pretty much everything I want / need anyway, though I found the battery consumption much better on R4 and R5!

Just thought I would flag the error

Guest pd555

A couple of newbie questions if that is ok

Using nandroid to backup my current Desire (Tmo retail) first I get errors -

No /sdcard/.android_secure found. Skiiping backup of applications on external storage

No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd.ext

any idea what I am doing wrong? I have a SanDisk 16mb card

Also maybe a question for Paul, I could have sworn there were direct downloads to the rom on here yesterday (not just the kitchen). Have they been removed? I think what you guys do is great so I would pay for the kitchen but I would like to try a rom first.

Thanks

Guest kingqueen
A couple of newbie questions if that is ok

Using nandroid to backup my current Desire (Tmo retail) first I get errors -

No /sdcard/.android_secure found. Skiiping backup of applications on external storage

No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd.ext

any idea what I am doing wrong? I have a SanDisk 16mb card

What will have happened is that you are backing up a system that has no A2SD at all.

.android_secure is Froyo's A2SD, if you are backing up something other than Froyo, e.g. Eclair (perhaps R3 or some rooted native ROM) then there is no .android_secure so it will throw the error

sd-ext is used by A2SD or A2SD+ as is available to put in ROMs such as Paul's via the online kitchen; if you haven't specifically formatted your SD card to allow A2SD then there will be none and so you get this error.

Basically, to interpret, nandroid is trying to back up facilities that might be used, and if your current rom doesn't use them then it just skips it. I.e. you can safely ignore it, in the knowledge that the backup has worked.

cheers

O2 MMS failure

hi,

I've had to go back to R3.1. The reason being that no matter what I do, I am unable to send MMS using R4 or R5. On O2 UK.

On booting R3.1 I'm asked whether I want O2 Prepaid, Postpaid or Tesco Mobile; on selecting O2 Prepaid it works fine. On R4 and R5 I am not offered such a choice. Whilst GPRS etc. works fine, MMS doesn't.

I have tried the following:

1. deleting and manually inserting APNs
  2. the autoconfiguration tool from O2 (refuses my mobile number)
  3. complete wipe and then install R4 / R5 from scratch
  4. a Titanium Backup from R3, wipe and install R4 / R5 and apply settings via Titanium Backup
  5. upgrading from R3.1 to R4 / R5 without wiping
None of which works.

The error on attempting to send an MMS (occurs in both stock HTC messaging app and Handcent): after waiting for timeout, "general network error". It retries a few times, then gives up without sending it a few minutes later. (Not tried receiving an MMS when this occurs.)

Happily R3.1 does pretty much everything I want / need anyway, though I found the battery consumption much better on R4 and R5!

Just thought I would flag the error

I am on postpay and had the same problem... I deleted all of them and manually installed the APNs using the exact settings (just the 'GPRS WAP & MMS' and 'Mobile Web' ones) from the link below (then re-booted). MMS worked then.

http://mobilereviews.o2.co.uk/devices/devi...d=651&tab=8

Guest Tone322

Hey all,

New to the Forum, thanks for the help and advice I've been reading so far!!

I've downloaed the ROM and installed on my Desire but on first boot the boot screen is just on a continous loop and going no further - can anyone offer any help please?