MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest le_lutin

I have the r5 rom and I charge the phone when I sleep. I wake up and the led is green, indicating that the battery is fully charged. But when I go into spare parts (the phone is still connected to the mains) the battery level only shows as 93. When I take the phone off charge, it goes up to 96, but I've never seen it at more than this.

Anyone else see this?

Guest Spellcaster Lukian
I have the r5 rom and I charge the phone when I sleep. I wake up and the led is green, indicating that the battery is fully charged. But when I go into spare parts (the phone is still connected to the mains) the battery level only shows as 93. When I take the phone off charge, it goes up to 96, but I've never seen it at more than this.

I can confirm this issue, but it's not consistent.

Guest vaangelo
I don't know whether this is an issue of my device or something general, anyway with the last R5 Sense frequently restarts, especially when switching on the screen after the "sleep" mode. With R4 I didn't experience that. Quite annoying as you have to wait about 10 secs to be able to use the phone.

The rest is great so far.

the same for me :angry:

Edited by vaangelo

I can confirm this issue, but it's not consistent.

I have a similar problem where the battery level goes up after I take it off the charger. Are you by any chance using the circular battery indicator?

Guest Alfa156v

Changelog

r5 WIP refresh

• Added Trackpad Wake to kitchen (thanks burst)
  • Updated vold to FRF91 version to resolve Froyo A2SD / app install issues (thanks klutsh)
  • Fixed Launcher2 phone application association
  • Fixed FM Radio widget
  • Fixed News widget

• Update to fix market install issues

r5 WIP refresh

[*]Entirely rebuilt on 2.06 leak

[*]More packaging optimisations

[*]HTC Sync is no longer removable (always included), Exchange 2010 SSL fix removed (causing booting issues)

Hello,

There are no Option for Hebrew fonts, can you add it please?

Thanks!

Guest 2300s

When using the HTC clock I'm unable to Snooze/Dismiss the alarm if the device is locked - only a reboot disables the alarm.

If the device is no locket I get the Snooze/Dismiss notification.

Using the stock android clock there is no problems.

Could this be caused by using the stock lock-screen, on my 2.1 Hero I noticed that it is integrated into the HTC lock-screen.

Guest adzroc

i'm not sure if it just me,

did you guys noticed that the sync icon on the notification bar always shown eventhough there are no activities going on. i have disabled always on connection for the record.

i'm not sure if it just me,

did you guys noticed that the sync icon on the notification bar always shown eventhough there are no activities going on. i have disabled always on connection for the record.

this has been reported by many users... you have to include friendstream in the rom

Guest Diggedy
When using the HTC clock I'm unable to Snooze/Dismiss the alarm if the device is locked - only a reboot disables the alarm.

Could this be caused by using the stock lock-screen, on my 2.1 Hero I noticed that it is integrated into the HTC lock-screen.

yes its a known issue. If your going to use the htc alarm then you need the htc lock screen

Guest HearThatVoiceAgain

This has been repeatedly answered. If you have the HTC clock without the HTC lockscreen you will not be able to shut off the alarm.

Also for the 100th time in this thread Hebrew support is part of Froyo, so isn't a kitchen option anymore.

Guest crisdo98
yes its a known issue. If your going to use the htc alarm then you need the htc lock screen

right way to answer.

This has been repeatedly answered. If you have the HTC clock without the HTC lockscreen you will not be able to shut off the alarm.

Also for the 100th time in this thread Hebrew support is part of Froyo, so isn't a kitchen option anymore.

wrong way to answer. Appreciate it may have been answered numerous times but you must be able to understand that there are now over 100 pages so it's easy to give up and ask a simple polite question.

right way to answer.

wrong way to answer. Appreciate it may have been answered numerous times but you must be able to understand that there are now over 100 pages so it's easy to give up and ask a simple polite question.

Yes and No. There's no need to be rude, but a topic search would have found these answers....

Edited by DomP

Guest lambrospower

in order to avoid these questions over and over again i think the best is to make below the rom changelog a FAQ with around 5-10 frequent questions so all the users can read it right after the rom review......

like the alarm issue with stock lockscreen

or the sync icon

or something else

Guest rdoxenham
Is there a battery percentage indicator that we can use with this rom that will go up on the top menu?

EDIT: Nevermind, i found it.

What's it called?

Guest sporkguy

Having to upgrade to the latest r5 today as for the past few days I've been unable to turn off the alarm clock in the morning!

Flashing now, we'll see if tomorrow is another battery-removal morning haha

Edit: Just read that it's a problem if using the HTC clock alarm with the stock lockscreen.. that'll teach me for not reading first!

Edited by sporkguy

Having to upgrade to the latest r5 today as for the past few days I've been unable to turn off the alarm clock in the morning!

Flashing now, we'll see if tomorrow is another battery-removal morning haha

1. There's a solution to this, search this thread.

2. Why wait for tomorrow, test it now by setting your alarm for 1 minute in the future.

What exactly means "flashable" ?

Does it must be done as a commom "flash" using update.zip ?

you can flash it with rom manager without naming it update.zip

Guest elkim

This thread keeps getting updated, but I don't see a download. Is this only available to paying members, or am I missing something?

This thread keeps getting updated, but I don't see a download. Is this only available to paying members, or am I missing something?

prebakes will be up when Paul thinks it's ready