MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dodolom
Download SDFormatter v2.0 (look for sdfv2000.zip file). It will help.

SDFormatter didn't work either. It sees the MicroSD only as a 3.19gb card. It doesn't see any partition in it or anything.

Isn't there a way of getting this SD Card back to its factory condition?

Guest StuMcBill

Oh, noticed another issue today.

I have 3 wi-fi hotspots saved in my phone, and when I leave my home network, and then come back later on, it tries to connect (and sometimes claims to) to a wireless network which is saved in my phone, but is not being broadcast anywhere near my flat.

It is always BTOpenzone it tries to connect to!

Manually selecting my home network makes it connect no problem, just a slight annoyance!

Anyone else?

Guest pawel.mrk
that didn't help either. Still at 3.19gb

Some card readers doesn't work properly with this type of applications. Try with different card reader.

Guest Brent Pickup

r5 works great for me, another happy user. No problems so far at all (tried testing the standard usb issue, couldnt replicate it at all.). I just flashed CWMod recovery with unrevoked (tip: uninstall htc sync), then formatted SYSTEM, BOOT, DATA and CACHE, mounted USB from CWMOD, dropped the files in, verified the md5sum with hashtab, and then flashed it, and waited for the reboots to finish.

Guest Alfa156v

Hi to all, maybe someone can help me to find the Contacts.apk? It is dialer application with blue icon and white phone on it.

After r5 update i lose it and can't install.

Guest warrie

i got awesome battery time now. With moderate use it should be like 2 days.

Turning 3G off when you dont need it (wlan, dont browse) is a really good tip for all who have problems. 3G seems to drain massively.

thanks paul, great rom as everytime!

Guest dodolom
try gparted

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

its a live-cd with a very tiny linux you can boot from without touching your windows harddisk

allows partitioning and formatting of many filesystems inkl ext2/ext3 ....

hope this helps

(typo edited)

How do I exactly run this on Windows? I put it on a CD but am not sure what to do after that since they are not windows files.

thnx

Guest xhemp
How do I exactly run this on Windows? I put it on a CD but am not sure what to do after that since they are not windows files.

thnx

Hi dodolom,

You need to boot that CD on your computer not accessing it from Windows.

Cheers.

Guest doepie

Hi

The link for rooting in the instructions simply takes me to the New section of the site... Can it please be updated?

Want to make sure I follow the correct instructions. :-)

Guest Bol2riz

Paul,

You might know that I've reported a lot of times having battery issue with your latest roms (like other did too)...

Just to let you know that NeoPhyTe.x360 has put a rom in XDA forum. It's based on your rom (it give you credits :( ) and I don't have any battery drain issue with it (FRF91 build, latest radio, full wipe and all backup restored like I use to do when replacing roms).

2% drained in flight mode during the night (the best result since defrost 1.7 or MCR r18 on my device)

I don't know if wifi N stuff or else are inside but I think this can be usefull for solving the issue.

I've got HBOOT 0.75

Cheers

Guest squrl

Anyone noticed that WAKE_DROPPED function assigned to a button no more unlocks the phone on double tap? It only wakes the screen now. Any way around this? I really loved unlocking the phone without touching the screen...

Guest dari1989

Hey Paul,

first of all, brillant job!!!

I have a question, is there any possibility to show contacts with their last names first?

Thanks in advance

Guest Ice2Go

I have to say these ROMS are fantastic, Thansk Paul

the only thing i have noticed is that R4 works fine for me, cant really say i have experienced any issues in the way i use it, however the latest R5 i seem to have a problem with the Alarm.

When it goes off in the morning, i cant turn it off. The alarm comes on and vibrates but the actual snooze screen is not there.

It works on R4 but not R5.

the only difference with my bake between r4 and r5 is on r5 i have used the Android stock lock screen.

Any one else experienced this?

love the work Paul, keep it up.

I have to say these ROMS are fantastic, Thansk Paul

the only thing i have noticed is that R4 works fine for me, cant really say i have experienced any issues in the way i use it, however the latest R5 i seem to have a problem with the Alarm.

When it goes off in the morning, i cant turn it off. The alarm comes on and vibrates but the actual snooze screen is not there.

It works on R4 but not R5.

the only difference with my bake between r4 and r5 is on r5 i have used the Android stock lock screen.

Any one else experienced this?

love the work Paul, keep it up.

you cant use the stock lock screen with the alarm

Guest dunbad

Hi, sorry for noob question, but I just downloaded this version and was hoping to get the full donate version of titanium back up to save me much time and hassle, but I see its only downloaded the free version. I've paid my 30 quid so shouldn't it have dropped full version in? Can anyone explain what I'm meant to do to get it, and sorry for being a retard!

Hi, sorry for noob question, but I just downloaded this version and was hoping to get the full donate version of titanium back up to save me much time and hassle, but I see its only downloaded the free version. I've paid my 30 quid so shouldn't it have dropped full version in? Can anyone explain what I'm meant to do to get it, and sorry for being a retard!

you need to buy the full version from the developer. there is a link in the app i think

Guest StuMcBill

Do you mean you have paid 30 quid on this site?

If so you need to go to the plus members area and generate your licence. It will give you a text file which you put on the root of your SD card.

Guest dareal
Hey Paul,

first of all, brillant job!!!

I have a question, is there any possibility to show contacts with their last names first?

Thanks in advance

you can change the name order in your contacts editor. just edit the name, press on the name and press on the order below.

Guest dareal
you cant use the stock lock screen with the alarm

its wokring for me! im using the htc alam and its works with the htc lock screen (if stock lock screen means htc lock screen, if not, then nvm :()