Returning my Phone

Guest ermacwins

Guest ermacwins

So my phones screen is messed up. The letters a and l on the keyboard dont register unless I press the screen really HARD. That area of the screen is unresponsive. I tired different ROMS but its a problem with the touch panel

I called T-Mobile and they said I should take it to a store. Apparently I have 2 year warranty . There some slight scratches at the bottom of my phone so they may think I dropped it

So how can I put it back to stock ROM via recovery and default Radio?

Thanks

Guest Dr. dre
So my phones screen is messed up. The letters a and l on the keyboard dont register unless I press the screen really HARD. That area of the screen is unresponsive. I tired different ROMS but its a problem with the touch panel

I called T-Mobile and they said I should take it to a store. Apparently I have 2 year warranty . There some slight scratches at the bottom of my phone so they may think I dropped it

So how can I put it back to stock ROM via recovery and default Radio?

Thanks

Just install a RUU(ROM Update Utility) and everything would be stock, download it from HTC Support site

Guest ermacwins
Just install a RUU(ROM Update Utility) and everything would be stock, download it from HTC Support site

Would I not lose Root? Lets say they just replace the screen then im stuck

Guest Dr. dre
Would I not lose Root? Lets say they just replace the screen then im stuck

You will loose root either ways, Has T-Mobile released the 2.1 update ? If not it's good for you because you can install the 2.73.110.x version of RUU which you can still root and tell them not to install the 2.1 update because it is not been rooted yet.

Guest ermacwins
You will loose root either ways, Has T-Mobile released the 2.1 update ? If not it's good for you because you can install the 2.73.110.x version of RUU which you can still root and tell them not to install the 2.1 update because it is not been rooted yet.

u got a link to that ruu please? how do I flash it?

Guest Dr. dre
ok thanks, is there not an update.zip available for defualt rom?

You have to install a RUU, so that your recovery and ROM everything comes to the stock, If you just flash the update.zip it will only flash the new ROM not recovery, so if those guys come to know that you have rooted your device, your warranty will be voided.

Guest ermacwins
You have to install a RUU, so that your recovery and ROM everything comes to the stock, If you just flash the update.zip it will only flash the new ROM not recovery, so if those guys come to know that you have rooted your device, your warranty will be voided.

ok thanks for the clear up