Kernel Swap

Guest Drachen808

Guest Drachen808

This is absolutely a newbie question, but I have been searching the past 2 days on this topic and have been unable to find anything even closely resembling an answer to this.

I have just recently rooted my Sprint Hero using the unrevoked one tap method. I have the Amon Ra Recovery flash mod, and I am currently running Fresh 2.3.3 as my custom rom, and have read a lot about a v4 710 mhz over clocking kernel (as well as others). My question is how do I change the kernel that I am currently running, and switch it to one of these overclocking kernels.

As a secondary question, I wanted to ask what ROMs everyone recommends as the Fresh 2.3.3 doesn't seem to be THAT different than the Stock 2.1 Rom (fresh updater, and 270 flip notwithstanding). My battery seems to be draining at the same rate, and I don't see a noticeable speed difference on my phone. Is there something I am missing.

I understand that I am new, which is why I have been trying to read through these pages as well as using the search function (a novel idea, I know) before posting my question, but I seem to be getting nowhere.

Thank you for your help

Guest Drachen808
You just apply the .zip file update with any recovery method you use to apply the custom ROM

Thank you, this seems easy enough. Now to find the kernel zips.