FLB-MOD 3G issues

Guest Simon O

Guest John Hamelink

Just an update for my case: I never got the chance to put on tre, but I got 3g yesterday. Apparently other o2 people have had the same problem, but it's been resolved.

Guest oOBENJYOo

England - Darlington

o2 - payandgo

All other roms seem fine

wifi works fine....

Going to try the flb kernel link and report back...

Installed ok but no 3g symbol so just nipping over to wiki for payandgo settings..

Entered payandgo settings but alas still no 3g symbol.. just strength bars ...booooo!

Edited by oOBENJYOo

Guest il_cholo
That gets back to my initial thoughts. The libraries in the rom have nothing to do with it. The problem is a change to firmware (probably on the radio chip) which we cannot fix unless we can repack the UPDATA (ZeBadger and Speckles have been doing some excellent work on it).

The best solution to the problem for now would be to make a version of FLB-MOD that fits on the 80MB system partition from 1.5 (does it already fit?), then just install FLB-MOD over 1.5. The only problem I see is that vibrate won't work (I think that can be fixed). I have been using the RBM rom on the 1.5 firmware for a couple of months without much trouble and all of the work I have done with Froyo has been with the 1.5 firmware and partition layout. The Froyo rom is currently about 70MB so fits in the old layout easily, I am hoping to get all features working without it out-growing the small system partition.

I have been looking at building Eclair from source (it will hopefully help with some of the problems in Froyo), so that may lead to some smaller Eclair roms. I haven't actually looked at FLB-MOD, so I don't know how small flibblesan has been able to make it.

I can put together a version of FLB-MOD to fit on the old partitions, but my phone has the European firmware so may not be the best for testing it. I assume the U8220-6 UPDATA won't install on my UK Pulse, but will it work with the 2.1 downgrade UPDATA?

TomG I´m from Argentina and I own an 8220-6, if you want me to test anything just let me know, I will gladly help you to help us :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Simon O
Mmmm not a lot of action in this thread at the moment regarding o2 3g............help plz!!

Can you go to Settings, then About Phone, then Status please and report back with the network type listed. The phone will only show 3G in the notification bar if it's connected to a 3G data connection. If it's connected to a 2G connection then it'll show a G. No data connection it'll show only bars.

The phone will be connected to the O2 3G phone network but the issue will be that the APN settings aren't entered in the phone or are incorrect. FLB-Mod 1.2 contains a large list of known 3G and 2G APN settings and MMS settings for most networks and it has settings for O2 which should be used.

These are in the ROM:

<apn carrier="O2 MOBILE WEB"
mcc="234"
mnc="02"
apn="mobile.o2.co.uk"
user="O2web"
password="O2web"
type="default,supl"
/>

<apn carrier="O2 MMS Prepay"
mcc="234"
mnc="02"
apn="payandgo.o2.co.uk"
user="payandgo"
password="password"
mmsc="http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002"
mmsproxy="193.113.200.195"
mmsport="8080"
type="mms"
/>

<apn carrier="O2 MMS Postpay"
mcc="234"
mnc="02"
apn="wap.o2.co.uk"
user="o2wap"
password="password"
mmsport="8080"
type="mms"
/>

<apn carrier="O2 UK MMS"
mcc="234"
mnc="10"
apn="idata.o2.co.uk"
user="vertigo"
password="password"
mmsport="8080"
type="mms"
/>

<apn carrier="O2 UK"
mcc="234"
mnc="10"
apn="mobile.o2.co.uk"
user="O2web"
password="O2web"
type="default,supl"
/>

mcc="234"
mnc="10"
apn="payandgo.o2.co.uk"
user="payandgo"
password="password"
mmsport="8080"
type="mms"
/>

mcc="234"
mnc="10"
apn="wap.o2.co.uk"
user="o2wap"
password="password"
mmsport="8080"
type="mms"
/>

<apn carrier="O2 MOBILE WEB"
mcc="234"
mnc="11"
apn="mobile.o2.co.uk"
user="O2web"
password="O2web"
type="default,supl"
/>

mcc="234"
mnc="11"
apn="payandgo.o2.co.uk"
user="payandgo"
password="password"
mmsport="8080"
type="mms"
/>

mcc="234"
mnc="11"
apn="wap.o2.co.uk"
user="o2wap"
password="password"
mmsport="8080"
type="mms"
/>[/code]

You can select them from Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access Point names

Guest oOBENJYOo

Thanks flib I am sure I have tryed all apn settings flib but will go through them again...girlfreind has phone at work so wont get to try till later.

Flib I think i should be on apn:

mcc="234"

mnc="02"

apn="payandgo.o2.co.uk"

user="payandgo"

password="password"

mmsport="8080"

type="mms"

All apns are in settings but the only one I can highlight is mobile.o2.co.uk

postpay, prepay and o2 mms are just listed but not available for highlighting....they are all correctly entered too, I know your busy working on the uk 2.1 rom so maybe if I install the uk rom then your 1.2 again it may help I had 3g when installing hungary and HU update then moved onto your roms.....

Edited by oOBENJYOo

Guest Simon O
Flibblesan a new rom has came out for Venezuela

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/down...;softwareName=#

according to GSM Arena they use UMTS1900 like Argentina, could you tweak this rom so I can test in Argentina?

thanks in advance :)

The 3G issue is caused by the official rom you install. So if you install that ROM to update your device to 2.1 then use a custom rom you will have working 3G

Guest il_cholo
The 3G issue is caused by the official rom you install. So if you install that ROM to update your device to 2.1 then use a custom rom you will have working 3G

man if this is true I will swing across the atlantic ocean and search for you in whole england to give you a kiss :)

just wondering:

1- which FLB-mod should I apply after VE? based on HU, TRE or UK?

2- this VE rom seems to be for large flashable 8220 and not the small ones, can this rom be trimmed to suit?

Edited by il_cholo

Guest Simon O
man if this is true I will swing across the atlantic ocean and search for you in whole england to give you a kiss :)

just wondering:

1- which FLB-mod should I apply after VE? based on HU, TRE or UK?

2- this VE rom seems to be for large flashable 8220 and not the small ones, can this rom be trimmed to suit?

I checked the update for the VE rom and the system folder is 104MB so it should fit. The kernel config and the build.prop are for the standard U8220 and I see nothing that indicates that it will only work with the new U8220 with 256MB RAM. The reason why the update is large is due to drivers on the /data partition. Some of the official 2.1 ROMs don't have any drivers on /data

One person has already flashed his U8220 using the VE ROM with success and has working 3G with FLB. I would suggest to use either FLB 1.2tre or 1.31

Guest il_cholo
I checked the update for the VE rom and the system folder is 104MB so it should fit. The kernel config and the build.prop are for the standard U8220 and I see nothing that indicates that it will only work with the new U8220 with 256MB RAM. The reason why the update is large is due to drivers on the /data partition. Some of the official 2.1 ROMs don't have any drivers on /data

One person has already flashed his U8220 using the VE ROM with success and has working 3G with FLB. I would suggest to use either FLB 1.2tre or 1.31

count me as the 2nd :)

love ya!!!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...
Guest igor_anta
I have Pulse U8220

country Macedonia

Operator T-mobile

Working on UK2.1

WiFi Working :)

So i cant use any 3G options can u help me ?

You need to set up the APN in settings->wireless and networks->mobile networks and select access point names. I'll PM you the settings :) Cheers!

Guest Nick2102
You need to set up the APN in settings->wireless and networks->mobile networks and select access point names. I'll PM you the settings :) Cheers!

Thanks dude :) !!!!

Guest igor_anta
Thanks dude :) !!!!

No problem :) I forgot to mention that if you don't have anything in the Access Point Names, only a blank screen, press menu and add a new APN. Cheers!