Yonn Kitchen - Where OmnaiLITE ROMs were cooked in

Guest yonn1981

Guest sahalan

I'm working on getting a stable rom for 6.5.3. I'll share it when it's done...should be today...then upload it.

In sharp contrast to all the other Roms it's going to be huge. I mean huge 150mb rom. I've been running it and it's very very fast. you'll have to try it to believe it. XPR compression running M2D, no titanium.

My problems are actually getting a customized s2u2 working perfectly as well as a customized M2D. It has a black dialer skin.

Edited by sahalan

Guest enrycko
Nobody wants to share his rom :angry:

Im so sorry for not share an ROM at here... because internet upload is terrible here.. and my rom isn't good yet.. many trouble...

Build 25018 works fine with Wi-Fi.

@enrycko have you checked all the SYS files and ticked the essential ones? Along with the dummy ones?

i have checked that and no one SYS files has gone.. i thick essential always with dummy too ex: SQM , FWUPDATE

hahahaha ;) ...this icon :D after your sentence make me laugh ..... maybe They wan'ts share rom becouse they rom not aready prepared" still have a problem with the rom " sorry for my bad english

gimana bro dah beres bikin ROMnya?

Guest enrycko
hi yonn,

Thanks for this kitchen. It is my first time to cook :angry: . Do you know where I can find OEM or EXT for the default "slide to unlock" lockscreen for 6.5.3? I tried to use the lockscreen in your kitchen but I after testing, I got the "tap to unlock" lockscreen.

Thanks in advanced.

EDIT: Nevermind guys.. Found what i have been looking for.. Sorry for the stupid question :D

tap to unlock?

have u thick S2u2 on ext packages ??

check it 1st..

and after your ROM booted..

Disable your Default unlock method.. ;)

Guest dayspring2099us
Hahah, so far I don't really have any problems, it's just that it's too personal I guess. But anyhow, if you wanna have a taste...

XPR version

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iwgn5sec7cv8...o_tiny_21908.7z

Rom size: 53.5mb

Ram: ~74mb free ~25mb used

Free space: ~178mb

LZX version

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6isp22odx4iz...4c2o_tiny_21908[LZX].7z

Rom size: 46.1

Ram: ??mb free ??mb used

Free space: ??mb

Details

They are exactly the same except for compression method. There are no omnia/omnialite apps in this one, no manila, no titanium, not even the start menu

Removed:

------------------------------------

Everything possible!

There's no 6.5 ie you'll need opera or just settle for standard ie without touch friendly controls or tabs

No mpc but mp3 ringtones are fine. I suggest installing tcpmp with skin support from here

there's no xda_uc it takes up space. I'm planing on including all of the apps I use and have to be installed and in main storage, the rest I'll just keep then in storage and add their shortcuts in case of hard reset

Added:

------------------------------------

Quickmenu as replacement for the official

xTask

resco photomanager

pim backup

nitrogen with omnia skin

fine dark-gray theme from kenchan and a nice fitting dialer skin from dirkgently

flash is cooked as well as netce 3.5

You will not really miss anything. It's a fully functional rom. Only things really missing is a decent keyboard for sure and perhaps something for your homescreen. I use p h o n e x (not cooked) for my homescreen usually, along with PDC (cooked) or samsung today 2 so I don't care about the rest. Use m2d aio or mobileshell or whatever it is that you like... There's plenty of space and ram to fool around.

Pagepool is 6mb. It is very fast with XPR compression. LZX should be a bit slower but free ram should be over 75mb.

It's perfect for me. Let me know how it fares for you :angry:

Screenshots

post-429398-1279307507_thumb.png post-429398-1279307520_thumb.png

post-429398-1279307530_thumb.png post-429398-1279307536_thumb.png

post-429398-1279307542_thumb.png

I like the finger ffriendliness of 6.5.x roms but I find that they drain the battery faster and use more ram, especially over time. So for now, for my day to day use I cooked this 6.5

Finally proper build have been released, just wondering are omnia lite applications working both landscape & portrait mode?

Guest acrocosm
Finally proper build have been released, just wondering are omnia lite applications working both landscape & portrait mode?

There are no omnia/omnialite apps in this one, no manila, no titanium, not even the start menu
Edited by acrocosm

Guest enrycko

nice work acrocosm :D finally u can remove the ie from winmo...

i have a question : are m2d weather can works if i remove ie? :angry:

Guest Rebels
Hahah, so far I don't really have any problems, it's just that it's too personal I guess. But anyhow, if you wanna have a taste...

XPR version

Using XPR ver. one of the best i've tried, fresh boot with ms and mobile sense installed along with huge load of other apps my ram is 60mb which is quite amazing. Have been using it since morning and till now (7 hrs) didn't encounter any bug or probs. Gr8 job mate. well done. I think u should open ur own thread and post ur roms over there. :angry:

Guest gustavp

Hello everyone I need help from you my problem and I'm building a Portuguese rom and everything works well so that the splash screen to calibrate the screen appears each time you reboot the phone, how do I arrange icons in the menu.

Guest yonn1981
hey yonn its me again.. after some hours im adding a build 21XXX 23XXX 25XXX its succesfully to cook.. but i cant cook build 28XXX... some error happened with visual runtime.. platformbuilder error.. please try changing package blablabla...

any suggestion?

:D BTW i have 2 kitchen using OSKitchen... 1 from you and another 1 from FW DXIA5... the stuck its on your FW..

Thanks

If my kitchen worked in creating a ROM before then there's nothing wrong with the FW!!

What is you other oskitchen version? oskitchen have different folders layout in 1.3* versions so you can't simply copy and paste builds from kitchen to another...

I recommend examining the builds and check what folder is missing "esp. MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelLTK .."

XPR version

LZX version

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6isp22odx4iz...4c2o_tiny_21908[LZX].7z

Rom size: 46.1

Ram: ??mb free ??mb used

Free space: ??mb

Details

They are exactly the same except for compression method. There are no omnia/omnialite apps in this one, no manila, no titanium, not even the start menu

Great job .. Thanks for sharing ... I highly recommend opening new thread for you ROMs so others can easily find and enjoy them :angry:

hi yonn,

would you please help me with the dutch languages, i know you are buzzy with your exames, but will you please help me? :D

Yes, final exams week and beleive me they aren't easy :( ... I'll be updating this thread later ...

I'm working on getting a stable rom for 6.5.3. I'll share it when it's done...should be today...then upload it.

In sharp contrast to all the other Roms it's going to be huge. I mean huge 150mb rom. I've been running it and it's very very fast. you'll have to try it to believe it. XPR compression running M2D, no titanium.

My problems are actually getting a customized s2u2 working perfectly as well as a customized M2D. It has a black dialer skin.

Hope you release it soon ;)

Hello everyone I need help from you my problem and I'm building a Portuguese rom and everything works well so that the splash screen to calibrate the screen appears each time you reboot the phone, how do I arrange icons in the menu.

To shorten time, arrange the startmenu icons in menu by editing app.reg "mainly "ItemPosition"" in:

OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\EXT Packages\Packages_Omnia_Registry\Startmenu shortcuts and folders icons

Guest acrocosm
Using XPR ver. one of the best i've tried, fresh boot with ms and mobile sense installed along with huge load of other apps my ram is 60mb which is quite amazing. Have been using it since morning and till now (7 hrs) didn't encounter any bug or probs. Gr8 job mate. well done. I think u should open ur own thread and post ur roms over there. ;)

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it :angry:

I had the same problem with a rom I cooked once for hp 614c. I noticed having welcome.exe stuck to the startup folder so I tried removing that afterward but ended up in disaster with ie launching on a blank page right after boot and staying on top of everything else. I had to hard reset it and for a while I tried to keep it on forever so I didn't have to go through it every time. After a while I reflashed the same rom but non-localized and was fine. Also, there wasn't such behavior on a quick localization test I did with this kitchen but I didn't edited initflashfiles.dat. I think your problem lies there but I can;t advice you any further I'm afraid..

Great job .. Thanks for sharing ... I highly recommend opening new thread for you ROMs so others can easily find and enjoy them :D

I'm.... not sure I'd like that. People will start having expectations and requests and I think I won't have neither the time nor will to fulfill them. Also, I don't care about flashing the very latest build, I just want a fast and stable rom so there won't be many releases anyway. We'll see...

@mambo04: about the GL drivers on your rom... Do they work? How? Where do they come from? Could you hook me up with details? Thnx!

Guest enrycko
If my kitchen worked in creating a ROM before then there's nothing wrong with the FW!!

What is you other oskitchen version? oskitchen have different folders layout in 1.3* versions so you can't simply copy and paste builds from kitchen to another...

I recommend examining the builds and check what folder is missing "esp. MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelLTK .."

my other kitchen version same as your kitchen too..

I have check MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelLTK... And got MSXIPKernel folder has no file.. lol

i guess im wrong.. sorry..

Have a question.. i will remove ie, but if i remove them can i update weather from m2d weather?

Guest adhip
If it stuck on logo, then an essential package is not ticked or replaced by dummy from addons :D

Next week I'll be free, meanwhile you can get tutorial on importing new builds from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=691789

Post # 6 is concerned about builds importing...

Disable rotation animation is just a registry to disable auto orientation ...

After crashed 2 times, I'm able to make a 6.5.3 Lite ROM :angry: ROM Updater size : 50 Mb, Free Storage 177 Mb & Free Program 60 Mb. I guess it's close to what Enrycko has build.

Thanks for the link Yonn, I didnt find this one b4. Seems it's quite easy to follow. BTW, is there a way to export from EXT Package to CAB from this Kitchen? I mean, like M2D, if the HTC Album & Audio Manager is not working then I want to export the M2D ext packages to CAB - minus those non working tabs to a CAB, so I can install it if I bored with other GUIs - I prefer the ROM is as lean as possible & put any extra (GUIs,Omnia Lite) latest apps on 'My Storage' except File Manager.

Your 'portable' folder (Yonn B7300) is really helpful :D

Edit : download & import 23659 builds into the kitchen, create my 1st ROM project and run quite fast on my Omnia. However, I ticked "shortcut to Yonn B7300" and Opera but these aren't working on the phone (no shortcut created, no Opera). Anyway, cant express my gratitude to you since now I made a ROM ;)

Edited by adhip

Guest acrocosm
my other kitchen version same as your kitchen too..

I have check MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelLTK... And got MSXIPKernel folder has no file.. lol

i guess im wrong.. sorry..

Have a question.. i will remove ie, but if i remove them can i update weather from m2d weather?

I'd think yes, after all wasn't it out before 6.5(?). In any, case ie is still there really, just in its older form so I bet it will. It's just a guess but I bet even the internet tab would work

Plus I think it's not using ie to update weather anyway

@adhip: Why don't you use the already cabed aio version then?

Edited by acrocosm

Guest adhip
I'd think yes, after all wasn't it out before 6.5(?). In any, case ie is still there really, just in its older form so I bet it will. It's just a guess but I bet even the internet tab would work

Plus I think it's not using ie to update weather anyway

@adhip: Why don't you use the already cabed aio version then?

Wow, thanks! That's what I'm looking for. The M2D package I got before is from this thread http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...d-all-in-1-cab/

Guest enrycko
How did you remove IE without making the ROM unbootable?

the ie is not totaly removed.. it has older version ( i think ie5 ) the shortcut is available yet on start menu...

:angry:

Guest acrocosm

Yeah enrycko is right. The only part removed is the newer interface and rendering core (browsingie). Hmmm browsingcore might also be removable as it's a 6on6 component. I'll try that....

I couldn't find detailed info on confetticore. Anyone able to clarify what this package really represents. What's Chrome?

WWAN is used for cell network internet right? And could it be possible that also utilizes wlan for internet? Why is it marked useless?

Also, once more, how do you add/remove control panel entries?? In particular I want to remove the finger mouse entry. Oh and percent driver isn't working for me. Anyone else experiencing that?

Edited by acrocosm

Guest newshlt

XPR version

i want to have a try but cant connect to mediafire.

if anyone could make an mirror for xpr, thx very much.

Edited by newshlt

Guest yonn1981
@mambo04: about the GL drivers on your rom... Do they work? How? Where do they come from? Could you hook me up with details? Thnx!

It's in the kitchen already!!! It's from OmniaLITE and useless :angry: , I kept it just to shut touchplayer mouth as it's required by 3DTPlayerLeb.exe and touch player will poop an error that 3DTPlayerLeb.exe can't be loaded without it ... Other omnialite apps need it? I don't know but don't think so ...

FYI: This package is in OmniaLITE Packages folder :D ...

Is there a way to export from EXT Package to CAB from this Kitchen? I mean, like M2D, if the HTC Album & Audio Manager is not working then I want to export the M2D ext packages to CAB - minus those non working tabs to a CAB, so I can install it if I bored with other GUIs - I prefer the ROM is as lean as possible & put any extra (GUIs,Omnia Lite) latest apps on 'My Storage' except File Manager.

"shortcut to Yonn B7300" and Opera but these aren't working on the phone (no shortcut created, no Opera). Anyway, cant express my gratitude to you since now I made a ROM ;)

There is full M2D packages EXT available somewhere, you can use them or use the kitchen to create EXT from CAB ...

What you mean by "Shortcut to Yonn B7300"? you mean "My Storage Shortcuts" ? if so then you need to copy "Yonn_B7300" in Output folder to My storage for it to work ..

What wrong with opera? you mean no shortcut created for it in Start menu? strange, check windows folder if opera files is present...

Yeah enrycko is right. The only part removed is the newer interface and rendering core (browsingie). Hmmm browsingcore might also be removable as it's a 6on6 component. I'll try that....

I couldn't find detailed info on confetticore. Anyone able to clarify what this package really represents. What's Chrome?

WWAN is used for cell network internet right? And could it be possible that also utilizes wlan for internet? Why is it marked useless?

Also, once more, how do you add/remove control panel entries?? In particular I want to remove the finger mouse entry. Oh and percent driver isn't working for me. Anyone else experiencing that?

I already mentioned in earlier post "I guess no body read :D " that you can only delete "browsingie" as it represent new IE, you can't delete BROWSING and BROWSINGCORE as they are required in SMS, HTML, XML stuff which include Notifications pop ups!!!

As for control panel shortcuts, if you just want to disable/remove links then just use the:

"Redirect"=""

Under the shortcut you want to remove... example:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\DivXRegi]

"Redirect"=""

The shortcuts are in SecCPLMain.cpl , you can edit the file to replace shortcuts with something else like I already did ...

Update:

- Finished Exams :( , I'll be uploading thread with Dutch and Spanish ready languages for new cookers "As soon as possible"...

Guest Rebels
Update:

- Finished Exams :angry: , I'll be uploading thread with Dutch and Spanish ready languages for new cookers "As soon as possible"...

Thats gr8 mate. How was ur exam anyway? :D

Guest acrocosm
I already mentioned in earlier post "I guess no body read :angry: " that you can only delete "browsingie" as it represent new IE, you can't delete BROWSING and BROWSINGCORE as they are required in SMS, HTML, XML stuff which include Notifications pop ups!!!

As for control panel shortcuts, if you just want to disable/remove links then just use the:

"Redirect"=""

"Redirect"=""

The shortcuts are in SecCPLMain.cpl , you can edit the file to replace shortcuts with something else like I already did ...

Ah right! I remember reading that but then forgot it :D

"Redirect"=""

"Redirect"=""

Erm how do you edit SecCPLMain.cpl? Resource editor? That's for editing the icons?

I found themes and disabled it but still haven't found finger mouse

Thnx for your support!! ;)

Guest adhip
There is full M2D packages EXT available somewhere, you can use them or use the kitchen to create EXT from CAB ...

What you mean by "Shortcut to Yonn B7300"? you mean "My Storage Shortcuts" ? if so then you need to copy "Yonn_B7300" in Output folder to My storage for it to work ..

What wrong with opera? you mean no shortcut created for it in Start menu? strange, check windows folder if opera files is present...

Update:

- Finished Exams ;) , I'll be uploading thread with Dutch and Spanish ready languages for new cookers "As soon as possible"...

Yes, I created other M2D on EXT tab, & under this M2D there's "files". However, using this one or using your existing M2D package (with the revised .reg files) I get "platformbuilder crash" error. But it's Ok, as I said, I prefer a clean ROM then add/change GUI later.

Yes, I'd like to use "My storage shortcut" and Opera. I already copy "Yonn_B7300" in My storage and even hard reset, but no shortcut is created and Opera was somehow missing, so I build another 23659 ROM without them and Install Opera & create shortcuts manually :angry:

Btw, I import Sinan's 6.5.x ROM source (since he made the most lite ROM) to check what sys packages he left out but didn't find any differences. Wonder how he can get extra memory....Build a ROM based on Sinan's source but haven't tried it yet. My 23659 ROM is fast & stable so far, didn't want to change it yet.

Hope you have a high grade on your exams ! :D

Guest holdz

Just a question about the XDA_UC. Where do I put the cab files in the rom so at first boot it installs them, instead of it running off the storage card?

Guest Raheel Anjum

XPR version

Hi acrocosm!

Tried your ROM and I must say it is very fast, stable and one of the best that I have used. I installed SPB shell and a lot of stuff and it is perfect. Multiple application can be run without problem of auto closing. Beautiful part is that with a lot of stuff, I still have over 60MB free. Now one strange problem that I am facing is with SPB time which is one of my favourites. It installed ok. Alarm configuratin was also without any problem and I could hear alarm bell at configuration time with out any problem, but at the time of alarm there was no sound :angry: only vibration. I tried with softreset but no luck. Then I did hardreset and installed only SPB time but the problem is still there. Any one has any ideas?