FLB-MOD 1.0 problems

Guest Simon O

Guest wassupjg
The solution is in tips and tricks for the pulse. I haven't personaly tried it, but here it is:

Thanks mate, I have a few probs with ADB so I just flashed su 2.1 from the recovery and it's all good.

Guest Narsil

Ok, i've just found I have the SMS problem on FLB-MOD 1.0. I don't expect a fix flib but hoped you might be able to help with some info.

Upgrade route: 1.5>2.1 Tre>FLB 1.0

Full wipe, using Apps2sd and Dalvik on SD (8Gb, class 10)

I seem to have temporarily sorted it and was wondering if it could be made a permanent solution in some way?

I tried to forward a text from my other mobile which hadn't arrived 15 mins later. Tried again. Still nothing.

Went into 'running services' and most of them just said 'restarting'. I killed a couple of processes I recognised as unimportant, like battstat and binned a couple of widgets off the home screens. Then uninstalled some apps I don't use any more. Rebooted and sent it another text from my other phone. Still didn't arrive. I then checked to see if it would send outgoing texts by opening messaging and sending to my other mobile. It worked. I then sent a text back from the other mobile and it arrived straight away. Within a couple of minutes, the ones I'd sent earlier arrived as well. An hour later, after it's been asleep, it's still fine.

It seems that opening the messaging app restarted a service that had not been running previously, presumably killed at some point due to lack of RAM. Because of the very haphazard way I was messing about with the phone, I don't know which service that would be.

Basically, any idea which service needs to be running to receive SMS and can it be made persistant?

Cheers for any advice :(

EDIT: I'm not currently using autokiller or anything like it.

Edited by Narsil

Guest Simon O
Ok, i've just found I have the SMS problem on FLB-MOD 1.0. I don't expect a fix flib but hoped you might be able to help with some info.

Upgrade route: 1.5>2.1 Tre>FLB 1.0

Full wipe, using Apps2sd and Dalvik on SD (8Gb, class 10)

I seem to have temporarily sorted it and was wondering if it could be made a permanent solution in some way?

I tried to forward a text from my other mobile which hadn't arrived 15 mins later. Tried again. Still nothing.

Went into 'running services' and most of them just said 'restarting'. I killed a couple of processes I recognised as unimportant, like battstat and binned a couple of widgets off the home screens. Then uninstalled some apps I don't use any more. Rebooted and sent it another text from my other phone. Still didn't arrive. I then checked to see if it would send outgoing texts by opening messaging and sending to my other mobile. It worked. I then sent a text back from the other mobile and it arrived straight away. Within a couple of minutes, the ones I'd sent earlier arrived as well. An hour later, after it's been asleep, it's still fine.

It seems that opening the messaging app restarted a service that had not been running previously, presumably killed at some point due to lack of RAM. Because of the very haphazard way I was messing about with the phone, I don't know which service that would be.

Basically, any idea which service needs to be running to receive SMS and can it be made persistant?

Cheers for any advice :(

EDIT: I'm not currently using autokiller or anything like it.

Yep this sounds exactly like the issue affecting other people. The messaging service is being killed or suspended because the system is desperately trying to free memory to prevent a reboot.

I don't know currently what service controls messaging or any way to keep it in memory all the time right now. I'd appreciate some help with this if anybody knows?

Guest drossco

1) Phone type

T-Mobile Pulse U8220

2) Official 2.1 ROM flashed (T-Mobile, Tre, other)

Yes, T-Mobile HU

2a) If flashed T-Mobile did you flash custom_hu

NO

3) Did you do a full wipe before installing FLB 1.0?

YES

4) Did you use any restore apps like Titanium Backup?

NO

5) Are you using A2SD?

YES - working OK

6) Problem with the rom

Using Bluetooth with Windows 7 with a Bluetooth Dongle and Bluetooth Drivers downloaded from ACER, the Pulse is shown as having NO SERVICES. I tried the same on an XP machine with the same results. I've als tried various Bluetooth dongles - but no luck. My laptop is shown as "Paired, Trusted" but NOT CONNECTED. I've Googled this issue and many others seem to have the same problem - but no fix. Is is a) the Pulse, :) Android 2.1, FLB 1.0, WIN 7 ? It's really annoying. I'd appreciate any help you can give (although I suspect this isn't an FLB 1.0 problem).

Love FLB 1.0 - supper work, Fibble!