Streak Direct from Dell

Guest Loconinja

Guest Loconinja

My "sim-free, unlocked" Streak (and case) have "Order on delivery" status on the tracking page, so they should arrive today. :)

I have T-Mobile, Orange and GiffGaff SIMs to try, so will report back with the results!

Guest mbmapit
My "sim-free, unlocked" Streak (and case) have "Order on delivery" status on the tracking page, so they should arrive today. :)

I have T-Mobile, Orange and GiffGaff SIMs to try, so will report back with the results!

Any news?

Guest d1kk1e

any chance of you posting your rom dumps up here? might help me past the pre-configured APNs problem I'm having with my rebel sim

Guest Loconinja
What about the Orange sim??? Can you get 3G with the Orange sim?

I'm getting a full EDGE signal on Orange. Don't know about 3G yet, as there's no 3G here.

Guest Loconinja
when u have time come to irc we will dump the whole nand

My Streak is rooted and I have Android SDK installed. I never use IRC so may need a primer.

Guest yosemite-sam
I'm on, but how do I chat?

Edited to add: OK, I think I have got it. Anyone with ROM dumping experience around? :)

i hope this had a happy ending! would it mean if our O2 ones are flashed they'd be unlocked? (crosses fingers n eyes)

Guest Loconinja
i hope this had a happy ending! would it mean if our O2 ones are flashed they'd be unlocked? (crosses fingers n eyes)

According to Paul: no, I'm afraid. :-(

Guest Dutch-Kid

My streak is also unlocked. it came directly from the Dell Factory, or so it would seem. anyway, it worked directly with my dutch sim card. also, I didn't even have to tweak the APN's!

Guest vinokirk

I dont think so...I mean when you put a tmobile sim in, it asks you for the unlock coed. I presume you just put the unlock code in and go!

Guest d1kk1e

I'm interested in seeing if the dell original rom will permit me to enter custom APNs, I think that is the last thing stopping me getting online, I beleive this is contained within the rom, not the radio...

Guest Loconinja
I'm interested in seeing if the dell original rom will permit me to enter custom APNs, I think that is the last thing stopping me getting online, I beleive this is contained within the rom, not the radio...

I'm sure I was able to enter custom APNs on my O2-locked Streak (when using RebelSim).

Guest d1kk1e

yeah rebel sim, I can reliably make calls and send SMS. No internet and not tried MMS but I suspect not since I don't have an APN entered for that