Orientation Sensor Problem

Guest Anuj Tenani

Guest Anuj Tenani

Hello all,

I am having some trouble with the orientation sensor in Galaxy S. I downloaded the Doodle Jump Game from the android market and the Doodle just goes to the Left side when the phone is 100% straight. (i have tried this with similar games and the deviation is consistent)

I got the Android Sensor App from Marketplace to test the Sensor and It shows that my Orientation Sensor 's Roll is off by 6 (on a flat surface)

I am currently running firmware DDJF3 .

My question is there anyway to fix that. I mean if there are any files which i can edit to get this working

Thanks.

Guest DistortedLoop

I'm running the stock rom (JG1) but rooted. The orientation sensor seems to have issues in the Market and browser as well...just mainly that it is slow, slow, slow. Often it will take a minute to orientate correctly if I am in landscape mode and try to go back to portrait.

Guest Tanis64
I'm running the stock rom (JG1) but rooted. The orientation sensor seems to have issues in the Market and browser as well...just mainly that it is slow, slow, slow. Often it will take a minute to orientate correctly if I am in landscape mode and try to go back to portrait.

This is more an issue of the market lags than of the sensor

To Calibrate it (root needed) take a look here:

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1341084