Black screen....:(

Guest mascian

Guest mascian

@ Modaco or anyone can help me solve this problem ...(I'm an idiot and I bricked my Galaxy S!)

I flashed the firmware JG3 (with ODIN) and then applied the update.zip V6 done by "DocRambone" (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=723103), but this rom make phone force close after reboot (over original JG3 installed).

Then I installed the firmware JG1 and applied a "Re-Partition" (with ODIN): the system boots but I see only black screen...(before I see the animated Samsung Logo, then only...black screen).

I tried and tried different firmwares (JG1, JG3, JFF) but I got the same result ...black screen after boot (and of course...I have wiped the device).

Can you tell me if there is a solution to run my Galaxy yet?

Thank you very much (and sorry my poor English).

Guest Fuglestad
Nobody has any idea how to solve, please?

How long do you let the blackscreen stay? It ain't just because the device is initialing the new rom?

Guest mascian
How long do you let the blackscreen stay? It ain't just because the device is initialing the new rom?

Thank you Fuglestad...

No, unfortunately it is not initializing the new rom ... remains in black screen .... :)

Guest us1111
Thank you Fuglestad...

No, unfortunately it is not initializing the new rom ... remains in black screen .... :)

Can you log in with "adb shell"?

Guest DistortedLoop
I solved ... maybe you do know, thanks.

How did you solve? Post it here so others might benefit from your experience in the future.

Guest Andrew Luecke

You should have just been able to pull the battery and cable, put the battery back in and get it into download mode..

Guest mascian

Excuse me, I have no time because of work.

However I solved flashing the complete rom:

CODE_I9000XWJG3.tar

CSC-I9000SERJG1.tar

MODEM_I9000XXJG1.tar

...before I flashed only system...

Bye.