E-mail attachment download problem

Guest Heresiarch

Guest Heresiarch

When i receive an e-mail, attachment is not downloaded. By clicking on attachment icon I receive info, that it will be downloaded next time I receive an e-mail. Next time I receive an e-mail the attachment isnt downloaded again. Any suggestions? I am using Daskalos Megalite 6.5.5 v 23568. Thx in advance :)

Guest daskalos
When i receive an e-mail, attachment is not downloaded. By clicking on attachment icon I receive info, that it will be downloaded next time I receive an e-mail. Next time I receive an e-mail the attachment isnt downloaded again. Any suggestions? I am using Daskalos Megalite 6.5.5 v 23568. Thx in advance :)

just tap it again or go to email settings and set it to download attachment automatically...It's not a problem, it's a default setting, so that the email inbox will not automatically download the whole e-mail files that will result to 1.) gorging device space 2.) cluttered email inbox

What's the attachment? a file or a picture?

Edited by daskalos

Guest Heresiarch
just tap it again or go to email settings and set it to download attachment automatically...It's not a problem, it's a default setting, so that the email inbox will not automatically download the whole e-mail files that will result to 1.) gorging device space 2.) cluttered email inbox

What's the attachment? a file or a picture?

After tapping it again I get that info: attachment will be downloaded next time I connect and receive and e-mail. Where is that auto download attachment setting? I cant find it :) Attachment is a file (.doc). Thanks Daskalos.

Guest daskalos
After tapping it again I get that info: attachment will be downloaded next time I connect and receive and e-mail. Where is that auto download attachment setting? I cant find it :) Attachment is a file (.doc). Thanks Daskalos.

Oh you must stop send and receive (because I think it's currently downloading all your email headers), then tap download attachment

Guest Heresiarch
Oh you must stop send and receive (because I think it's currently downloading all your email headers), then tap download attachment

That shouldnt be an issue IMHO, because send/receive always go from connecting to disconnecting and finished.

Guest daskalos
That shouldnt be an issue IMHO, because send/receive always go from connecting to disconnecting and finished.

yes it's not be an issue, but priority is in downloading all email headers, so if you have dozens of email, downloading a single attachment may wait, because it's still busy with downloading all email headers. So you have to wait..

To modify settings on how your inbox will download your email

Go to E-mail

Tap menu, then options, then tap an account to change the settings.

Tap edit Account Setup

Next Next Next Next Next

You can set Automatic Send/Receive to manual or anything and to download messages from the past # days, otherwise Next

Set Message download limit and Download Attachments whatever you need

Tap finish

Edited by daskalos

Guest Heresiarch
yes it's not be an issue, but priority is in downloading all email headers, so if you have dozens of email, downloading a single attachment may wait, because it's still busy with downloading all email headers. So you have to wait..

To modify settings on how your inbox will download your email

Go to E-mail

Tap menu, then options, then tap an account to change the settings.

Tap edit Account Setup

Next Next Next Next Next

You can set Automatic Send/Receive to manual or anything and to download messages from the past # days, otherwise Next

Set Message download limit and Download Attachments whatever you need

Tap finish

I had manual, 3 days past. In the last windows I had nothing such as download attachments (only download limit - set to entire). All e-mails (about 10) were successfully downloaded. Connected to wi-fi for long time, attachments are three, total size about 40 KB, but they never did it to the phone. So I really think it is not busy with downloading all headers. Tryed already restart the device. Cant figure out what setting could cause this (I dont think it is ROM caused because none user of this ROM reported similar issue. :) Thanks anyway.