What's the best game emulator for Omnia Pro?

Guest Soul_Master

Guest Soul_Master

I know. There are a lot of game emulator on Windows Mobile. But I don't know what emulator that can completely use/map keyboard of omnia pro to play game.

Is it possible?

Thanks,

Guest Cisplatin

I'm kind of expert on this subject. Morphgear (SNES, GBA, SEGA GENESIS) works flawlessly and holy FPSECE (PS1) is totally playable. These are all you need. And Final Burn (CPS1, CPS2, NEOGEO). Yes, keyboard works - and that's the main reason I bought this phone, it's not a phone it's a f...ing portable console.

I can play final fantasy 7, tekken 2, GTA 2, THPS 2, CRASH...and have around 2000 other games in my pocket :angry:

If you have any questions, I'm here...

Hi, I've tried the MorphGear emulator but I get a very small screen and when I slide out the keyboard the screen starts to rotate but the game will continue in the normal (and small) mode. By double tapping on the screen I get a small controller but since it is way too small for my fingers and the touchscreen does not allow multi touch this is not working. When the keyboard is slided it doesn't matter which key I press, it doesn't respond to anything. This is the same when I start in landscape mode.

I am using MorphGear 2.4.0.9 with an Experiment 35 ROM with the original clock speed.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Guest omid66613

I've tried MorphGear too,It took my time more than one week but I couldn't succeed to get it worked.

When I want to play in landscape mode.It let me play only in VGA screen.

and when I want to use the keyboard,It will affect samsung today and It opens my applications behind the game screen.

I don't know what to do with that.

please help me.

Guest daskalos
Hi, I've tried the MorphGear emulator but I get a very small screen and when I slide out the keyboard the screen starts to rotate but the game will continue in the normal (and small) mode. By double tapping on the screen I get a small controller but since it is way too small for my fingers and the touchscreen does not allow multi touch this is not working. When the keyboard is slided it doesn't matter which key I press, it doesn't respond to anything. This is the same when I start in landscape mode.

I am using MorphGear 2.4.0.9 with an Experiment 35 ROM with the original clock speed.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

I've tried MorphGear too,It took my time more than one week but I couldn't succeed to get it worked.

When I want to play in landscape mode.It let me play only in VGA screen.

and when I want to use the keyboard,It will affect samsung today and It opens my applications behind the game screen.

I don't know what to do with that.

please help me.

How to Install Morphgear in M900 (and make it work in landscape hopefully with HTC devices with Keyboards too)

A. GDI Landscape (Full Screen)

1.Download Morphgear 2.4.0.9 in the official site http://www.spicypixel.com/web/page/morphgear/Home.aspx . Extract the files anywhere on your PC.

2.Connect device with ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Center, run the .exe files and install (to memory card). First install MorphGearSetupPPC2003. exe then others.

3.On the device, Run MorphGear (located in Games folder). Be sure the device is in PORTRAIT mode.

4. Click settings icon (3rd from the right) and select Global Settings.

set the following:

Driver: GDI

0rientation: North

uncheck- Disable full screen

uncheck- use virtual pad

Check- Enable Sound

CPU Throttle: High

5. Soft Reset Device

6. When the device resumes, slide the screen to set screen to Landscape and run Morphgear. After starting Morphgear, make sure that the settings icons and the MorphGear logo are in landscape too. If not, check Global Settings again to configure it correctly.

7. Now depending on what ROM you want to emulate, open settings and choose an emulator, for example, if you have a NES ROM, Open iNES then set Screen Size to Windows Size (for full screen landscape).

8. Scroll down and set Input. Double tap the controls (up,down,left,right etc.) and select keyboard keys(or even hardware keys) to map game controls. Then press ok.

9. You'll return to the main screen. Select the Folder/Open File icon (first icon) to locate your ROM (in this case the NES rom),select it and the game will automatically start. Double Tap screen to activate full screen. Enjoy the game.

10. If you want to play another console rom (like gba,snes,genesis etc.) just repeat steps 7 to 9. To close current game, choose Stop icon (hand) and choose exit game (choose exit MorphGear to exit the app).

It is interesting to note that TurboGrafx-16,NES,MasterGear,Gameboy GB and GBC run well in full screen landscape (based on my M900). SNES,Gameboy Advance and Genesis ROMs will still be playable also, but there is a little speed drop.

To get more fps and smoother speed, adjust video size (step 7) to Fit Windows or smaller. (don't add more frameskip (default is 3), it will just make the speed choppy). There is another option in emulator settings named Image smoothing, which is like anti-aliasing and smooths graphics but noticeably affects speed. (I recommend not using this setting)

Speed

It is interesting to note that using the RawFramebuffer as a Driver gives better speed than GDI,(based on my M900)which works effortlessly in Portrait. But making it work in Landscape mode full screen is a little bit tricky.

To use Rawframebuffer in landscape:

B. Rawframebuffer Landscape: (Full Screen)

1. Repeat step 3 (of the above GDI guide)

2. Do step 4 (above) but change set settings to:

Driver: RawFramebuffer

0rientation: East

uncheck- use virtual pad

Check- Enable Sound

CPU Throttle: High

3. Soft Reset Device

4. When device resumes, slide to reveal keyboard (this will automatically sets screen to landscape).BUT BEFORE running MorphGear, with/while keyboard slided out, change Orientation to Portrait.

5. Run MorphGear. Check if the settings icons are vertically situated in the LEFT side and the MorphGear logo horizontal (if this is the case you're in the right track).

6. Repeat step 7 (above)

7. Now the tricky part, in mapping controls remember that the directions are not what they seem. For example if your using keys W-A-S-Z as UP-LEFT-RIGHT-DOWN (IN GDI landscape mode), WHEN using Rawframebuffer, UP=LEFT,RIGHT=UP, LEFT=DOWN, DOWN=RIGHT.:confused:

Yup it's a little bit confusing, but it's the only way to get logical direction controls. If you want to use W-A-S-Z, just set it this way:

UP-A

LEFT-W

RIGHT-Z

DOWN-S

And click ok.:angry:

8. Locate and Choose ROM.Tap screen to set Full Screen. Enjoy Game. (Refer to Step 9 above)

9. If you want to play another console rom (like gba,snes,genesis etc.) just repeat steps 6 to 8 on this Rawframebuffer guide.

NOTE: One important thing to remember is NEVER activate the device's LANDSCAPE mode WHILE using the RawFramebuffer or you'll end up a jumbled display. If this happens, just totally exit Morphgear via exit button or via task manager, switch to portrait mode while the keyboard is slided out and run MorphGear.

To sum up things, if you want to have Playable Games in Full Screen Landscape.

1. For TurboGrafx-16,NES,MasterGear,Gameboy GB and GB ROMs,use GDI.

2. For SNES,Gameboy Advance and Genesis ROMs,use RawFrameBuffer(TurboGrafx-16,NES,MasterGear,Gameboy GB and GB ROMs works great in RawFramebuffer too, but as I said, it's a little bit tricky.)

To have more speed.

1. Adjust screen size to Fit Window or Smaller.

2. Disable Image Smoothing.

3. For even more speed, play Games in Portrait Mode ( just set Global Settings/Orientation= North, applicable for both GDI and RawFramebuffer.) But why bother portrait, games are still playable in landscape,and our device have a KEYBOARD remember? (reminds me of the upcoming PSP GO)

Enjoy!

AFAIK this guide works with HTC TYTN I,HTC TYTN II,SE Experia,Acer M900 and TP1,TP2

Note:

I read somewhere that there is a workaround for htc touch pro and pro (button key 229 solution from rhodium thread)

- Go to button setting in Morph Gear.

- before click the assign button press and hold the ctrl key

- then you can enter the hardware key you want

now you can play by holding ctrl and the mapped keys

2-

- go to global menu in Morph Gear

- in the submenu Input: click Polling Method

Miscellaneous:

To use a WVGA compatible Screen Gamepad (to use while playing in portrait mode) check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=489147

For Game ROMS, just Google it

I also uploaded a video to show all how playable it is with Acer M900. Video is in here:

Below is a screenshot of a NES game I'm playing with M900.

DSC04214.jpg

Guest Soul_Master

I just try it on your new Sense ROM(WinMo 6.5.5) but I cannot apply Global settings because OK button is not displayed in Global settings screen.

Thanks for the manual.

I have the same problem here, there is no way I can save and exit the settings screen. I have to close the program using task manager but then it does not save the settings... I have also a problem when I want to set the driver to GDI, it keeps displaying auto.

Edited by TF0

Guest Cisplatin
Thanks for the manual.

I have the same problem here, there is no way I can save and exit the settings screen. I have to close the program using task manager but then it does not save the settings... I have also a problem when I want to set the driver to GDI, it keeps displaying auto.

That's why I don't use 6.5.x roms. I have copied my Morphgear registry and everything from my Morphgear folder in Program files/games and put them in a rar. Now copy/replace the Morphgear registry file in registry\HKCU\Software with mine and replace the entire Morphgear folder in Program files/Games with mine. Rename your name in owner info to "Insane"

here's the downlink Megaupload

My awsome key config is: up/down/left/right (+ pad) is in the bottom right corner of the keyboard (enter is right + pad key)

##I know it's reversed but that way you can for example jump forward easily in super mario because keys are in a "block"## ...and the A/B/X/Y(L/R) are YXSD keyboard keys. start is "p", select is "q". Oh well, just try it.

Edited by Cisplatin

Thank you but it is not working, I think it is indeed the 6.5.x ROM. I tried to change the user name but I can not change it. And some other settings are not correct yet, but I do know now how to change them: start MorphGear and then slide a few times until the screen is correct, then use the arrow buttons and enter to adjust the driver to GDI. I have not found a way to save the settings yet :D.

I copied your directory and executed the *.reg file on my phone, that is the correct way, isn't it?

I have to try another ROM, but I like 6.5.x :S... Perhaps Soul_Master can get it work :angry:.

Guest Cisplatin
Thank you but it is not working, I think it is indeed the 6.5.x ROM. I tried to change the user name but I can not change it. And some other settings are not correct yet, but I do know now how to change them: start MorphGear and then slide a few times until the screen is correct, then use the arrow buttons and enter to adjust the driver to GDI. I have not found a way to save the settings yet ;).

I copied your directory and executed the *.reg file on my phone, that is the correct way, isn't it?

I have to try another ROM, but I like 6.5.x :S... Perhaps Soul_Master can get it work :angry:.

Look, this settings are stored in registry. Just copy my registry - file called Morphgear.reg , that's the easy way. Go to HKEY Current User\Software\ and replace Morphgear.reg

This is my idiot's guide, but I'm not sure it will work :D

1. First install Dot Fred's TaskManager - DOWNLOAD

2. Then copy my Morphgear.reg somwhere to your phone.

3. Now make a backup of your Morphgear.reg just in case... Open Dot Fred's TaskManager and expand (click on "+" button) HKEY Current User; then Software; now long press on Morphgear.reg till the list shows up and then press export - now choose where to save - but noot in the same folder where you copied my Morphgear.reg now softreset

4. Now copy my Morphgear.reg to HKEY Current User\Software\ , first long click on my Morphgear.reg till the list menu pops out, now click on Import, and then find and select my Morphgear.reg file. now softreset

Or edit the registry the values yourself. Good luck! That must work!

Edited by Cisplatin

Guest Soul_Master

I just apply your uploaded registry to my phone but it does not work for me because it's very hard to use. Someone please export MorphGear registry from your Omnia Pro for me.

PS. It might cause by you export key from another phone that has difference keyboard layout.

• 1 month later...

I got the settings to work on 6.5.3 by changing something using the a combination of touchscreen and keyboard. The back button on the keyboard could be used (most of the time) to exit the settings window. It needs some twiddling and resetting, but it works.

• 1 month later...
Guest chemanika
I'm kind of expert on this subject. Morphgear (SNES, GBA, SEGA GENESIS) works flawlessly and holy FPSECE (PS1) is totally playable. These are all you need. And Final Burn (CPS1, CPS2, NEOGEO). Yes, keyboard works - and that's the main reason I bought this phone, it's not a phone it's a f...ing portable console.

I can play final fantasy 7, tekken 2, GTA 2, THPS 2, CRASH...and have around 2000 other games in my pocket :)

Dude where can i Find the ... games to play in the FPSECE

• 1 month later...
Guest darknessviking

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrr..

i downloaded the newest FSCPEE whatever its called..but it was the same user interface as earlier versions..

but when i check the new documentation on the website,there's a whole new better user interface..

whats up with that?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrr..

i downloaded the newest FSCPEE whatever its called..but it was the same user interface as earlier versions..

but when i check the new documentation on the website,there's a whole new better user interface..

whats up with that?

same things i have seen .

plz post sdome roms for ps one

Guest Princeagarwal

posting of roms here is against forum rules u can google the name of game u want n get it easily

Guest Princeagarwal

posting of roms here is against forum rules u can google the name of game u want n get it easily

• 6 months later...
Guest Isascaboy89

I can play final fantasy 7, tekken 2, GTA 2, THPS 2, CRASH...and have around 2000 other games in my pocket :)

How have you configured the fpsce on your omnia pro b7610? and the game is smooth?

Guest m0o5

Get OpenGles, S3Clock, FPU Enabler & Turbo3D. Free up a bunch of RAM by closing Sense or Shell (or get a 6.1 ROM). Run FPU (twice) and hide it. Overclock to 900+. Set Turbo3D to Fast - 22. In FpseCE enable DirectX ...

... Should give you around 40~50 fps in most games.

Guest Isascaboy89
Get OpenGles, S3Clock, FPU Enabler & Turbo3D. Free up a bunch of RAM by closing Sense or Shell (or get a 6.1 ROM). Run FPU (twice) and hide it. Overclock to 900+. Set Turbo3D to Fast - 22. In FpseCE enable DirectX ...

... Should give you around 40~50 fps in most games.

Wow, thanks for the tips...it's the same if i left sense on?

I've got a megalite rom