SMS Problem or Settings ?

Guest shEEEsh

Guest shEEEsh

Sending short SMS messages is not the problem. It's when I get too wordy, which is OFTEN, on my end the message shows sent. It breaks it apart into multiple messages but the people on the receiving end are getting errors. These are the same people I have sent long wordy texts to in the past. EXAMPLE: My brother said to me, why are you sending me 'picture messages' instead of SMS ?? I was thinking it was just sending my messages MMS instead of SMS but that is not the case. He cannot receive them at all and in the past I have sent him an actual picture and he received it just fine. I have a few different SMS programs and I think the problem exists with any or all of them. I think I will send myself a long rambling message to one of my other phones .. one from each SMS program and see what the results are unless any of you have had this problem and corrected it with a setting?

Diane

Guest mobiholic
I think I will send myself a long rambling message to one of my other phones .. one from each SMS program and see what the results are unless any of you have had this problem and corrected it with a setting?

Diane

No but I'd be interested to hear the results of your test.

Sending short SMS messages is not the problem. It's when I get too wordy, which is OFTEN, on my end the message shows sent. It breaks it apart into multiple messages but the people on the receiving end are getting errors. These are the same people I have sent long wordy texts to in the past. EXAMPLE: My brother said to me, why are you sending me 'picture messages' instead of SMS ?? I was thinking it was just sending my messages MMS instead of SMS but that is not the case. He cannot receive them at all and in the past I have sent him an actual picture and he received it just fine. I have a few different SMS programs and I think the problem exists with any or all of them. I think I will send myself a long rambling message to one of my other phones .. one from each SMS program and see what the results are unless any of you have had this problem and corrected it with a setting?

Diane

Hi Diane,

It will convert from SMS to MMS when you input over 459 characters(max characters of 3 SMSs).

That is Android Messaging application design.

If you try to send text message with other Messaging application,

I think it would send out with SMS protocol unless it has the same transforming design as Android Messaging app.

slw.