[Live Wallpaper] Album Art - released!

Guest davidhorn

Guest davidhorn

Have spent a bit more time working on Live Wallpapers, and the newest one pulls your album art and shows it on the home screen, a bit like the screensaver OS X comes with.

device-small.png device4-small.png device2-small.png device3-small.png

Features:

* Accesses your Android album art library (if you see it in Music Player, you see it here...)

* Shuffle feature

* Compatible with LauncherPro

* Very fast (approx 0.5 seconds on first load)

* Smooth scrolling between screens

* Periodically changes individual covers

* Opaque setting to make pale text easier to read.

Update:

Thanks to the team of beta testers who did a great job helping me identify bugs and implement a few new features. The Album Art Live Wallpaper is now released to the Market for 99p, and a demo is also available for free.

For some reason QR codes won't show up in these forums, but you can find it by searching for "Album Art Live Wallpaper" or "AndroidGamer" in the Market.

Free copies:

If you encounter a serious problem in the demo (for example, it won't load on your phone) and you work with me to fix it by sending a log entry etc, you get to keep a free copy. ;-)

Original XDA Developers thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=723997

Links:

aalwqr.png

Album Art Live Wallpaper (£0.99)

aalwdemoqr.png

Album Art Live Wallpaper (Demo)

Update v1.1 (16/07/10):

Just uploaded version 1.1 to the Market. Amongst other fixes this addresses an issue where incomplete album art collections resulted in a large number of grey Android tiles (missing artwork) showing on the home screen. The app will now make 10 attempts to find a replacement tile before giving up and moving on.

Edited by davidhorn

Guest AndyCr15

Looks cool. I don't see it in the Market though, trying both searches :angry: (Galaxy S, Orange, UK, MCR r2, Eris Market Fix)

Guest Mikey242
Looks cool. I don't see it in the Market though, trying both searches :angry: (Galaxy S, Orange, UK, MCR r2, Eris Market Fix)

I got it in the market, searched for album art then scrolled a but for it. Im on a Desire with Defrost firmware.

Guest Mikey242

Very cool app, I noticed that when you check for updates it says there is one available but its the save version as the one that's installed (1.0). Clicking upgrade takes you to the paid app in the market.

Guest rameses

I can't find it in the market. I'm using Paul's latest r4 Desire Rom.

EDIT:

I've found it on AppBrain and pushed it to my phone, so I've now got.

It's a bit annoying I couldn't see it in the market though.

Edited by rameses

Guest davidhorn

Update v1.1 (16/07/10):

Just uploaded version 1.1 to the Market. Amongst other fixes this addresses an issue where incomplete album art collections resulted in a large number of grey Android tiles (missing artwork) showing on the home screen. The app will now make 10 attempts to find a replacement tile before giving up and moving on.

Guest davidhorn

v1.2 released:

Version 1.2 is now on the Android Market.

Changes include:

* Greyscale rendering option

* "Use Internal Storage" option (for Droid Incredible users)

* Numerous bug fixes

greyscale.png

Guest YusufP

Awesome stuff, just paid for it now, kinda laggy on my lowly pulse though, pretty sure thats the phones fault lol.

Anyways, I like the idea, and it really is worth the pound.

Just noticed though, kinda looks alot like the Zune Software album cover implementation, get any idea from that?

If you did, your awesome!

Guest j1mmy g88

quick couple questions, does it just search the music folder for album art? what are the queries it does to search for album art?

mainly because i'm wondering if this is editable to go for any images and have loads of images and not just album art