Remove words from dictionary, Is it possible?

Guest soraxd

Guest soraxd

Is there any way to edit the built in dictionary and remove some words from it? The reason I ask for this is because I do write in English some times and would like to keep the English dictionary, but Maltese is my main language and that obviously isn't supported. However some words are very similar and give me trouble because they are spelt the same but with capitalization.

For example, in our language 'or' is spelt 'jew'. This means that every time I write something and I need to use 'or' I end up with capitalized Jew even though I've added small letter jew in the dictionary.

The other problem is that sometimes I add a word accidentally or I add it capitalized (first word written), and then gets capitalized every time.

This would really be useful for me. Any idea?

Guest Andrew Luecke
Is there any way to edit the built in dictionary and remove some words from it? The reason I ask for this is because I do write in English some times and would like to keep the English dictionary, but Maltese is my main language and that obviously isn't supported. However some words are very similar and give me trouble because they are spelt the same but with capitalization.

For example, in our language 'or' is spelt 'jew'. This means that every time I write something and I need to use 'or' I end up with capitalized Jew even though I've added small letter jew in the dictionary.

The other problem is that sometimes I add a word accidentally or I add it capitalized (first word written), and then gets capitalized every time.

This would really be useful for me. Any idea?

Yep.. You can refer to the swype page. Swype has some interesting tricks (or use the inbuilt tutorial):

http://swypeinc.com/tips-tricks.html