[HOWTO] Root Your Desire In 1 Click With UnrEVOked!

Guest 42turkeys

Guest ZiCoN

Good stuff. In the guide when entering HBOOT, you might add the HBOOT looks for files before you can vol-down to choose 'recovery'

Cheers

Guest nerdo

Well done...

I did suspect this actually when trying it ONLY for permanent recovery but thought.... neeeh too easy :angry:

But I guess it is that easy :D

Guest le_lutin

So would this be the simplest way to get Paul's latest froyo sense rom on my desire? I've never rooted it or put any custom roms on it.

Are there any disadvantages to using this method and are there any advantages to using the method which Paul recommends?

Guest nerdo
So would this be the simplest way to get Paul's latest froyo sense rom on my desire? I've never rooted it or put any custom roms on it.

Are there any disadvantages to using this method and are there any advantages to using the method which Paul recommends?

Yes it would, if it works it should be easier and faster than r6-root method

Yep, would love to know to answer to the last post...anyone :angry:

yes...

Can anyone confirm if this process backs up your original rom before you flash a custom rom?

And no....

Guest Fiouz

Yep, successfully rooted my stock 1.21.405.2 (HBOOT 0.80) Desire: works like a charm as it kept all apps/settings.

You'll get clockworkmod recovery (Vol-Down + Power) + superuser access apk/su (no custom kernel/module so no OpenVPN/DroidWall not working, you'll need a custom kernel thus a custom ROM for that).

Definitely easy: launch unrevoked3, plug phone, enable USB debugging, wait, you're done! A one-click rooting method :angry:

(unrevoked3 is only 15MB, so there's no custom ROM involved)

Guest Mark Hartley

5 Take your Desire and go to Settings > Connect to PC > Default connection type > Disk drive > Remove check from Ask me

6 Connect your Desire to your PC

7 Start the reflash.exe in Admin mode

8 Wait (it should take about 1-2 minutes)

9 Then, your Desire should be in recovery mode!

Following the instructions above (Using windows verision 3.1 btw)

Done 5, 6, 7 but the the program is saying Waiting for device. Plug phone in now and enable usb debugging.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance

Guest le_lutin
5 Take your Desire and go to Settings > Connect to PC > Default connection type > Disk drive > Remove check from Ask me

6 Connect your Desire to your PC

7 Start the reflash.exe in Admin mode

8 Wait (it should take about 1-2 minutes)

9 Then, your Desire should be in recovery mode!

Following the instructions above (Using windows verision 3.1 btw)

Done 5, 6, 7 but the the program is saying Waiting for device. Plug phone in now and enable usb debugging.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance

Did you have HTC sync installed? Did you uninstall it?

Guest Kvisten

Wow! That was extremely fast and easy on a Mac!

- Downloaded and mounted the .dmg file.

- Connected my phone in storage mode.

- Ran the Reflash app from the mounted disk image.

- Waited 2 mins and watched the progress on screen.

Done!

Now I have an recovery ROM available (for flashing Pauls r21), and nothing's messed up on my phone - until i decide to do so myself :angry:

Guest Mark Hartley
Yeah, sounds like you need the drivers...

Hi, Yeah, I did have HTC Sync Installed. I uninstalled it ias in part 3 but left the HTC drivers installed.

1 thing I'm not sure is will it be detected if in part 5 I change it to Disk Drive mode? should it not be set to HTC sync still?

Cheers

Guest ace3029

Rooted fine, thanks - very easy. But tried to flash this rom 02/Jul r21 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen - Froyo FRF91 which just hangs on the HTC boot screen, had to Nandroid restore?!

Guest naguz

The biggest advantage I see here, is that you don't have to loose all your apps and ap data - as ypu do with Pauls method, as far as I know (ie. gamesaves and whatnot.)

But i wonder: Is it as easy to undo? With Pauls methd, all you need is to fals the RUU, and you're set (unless you have bought a crippled version, poor sod), but with this? I'll probably send my phone in for service soon because of an issue with hissing/static background noise while listening to audio using the 3,5mm jack, but I would really like to use unrev0ked first. Not just to finally try to root my device, but to get a titanium backup backup.

Guest ace3029

I've managed to root my Desire using this method very easily but when i try and use Rom manager it asks to flash clockwork mod but i thought this was already flashed with unrevolved?? Would it be safe to flash Clockwork using rom manager?

Guest ace3029
Can anyone confirm whether of not this works with firmware v1.22 (hboot 0.80)

Not sure, my rom was 1.21 Hboot 80...I cant seem to flash custom roms although i am rooted. The two roms i've triedgo to the white boot screen and 'get stuck', have to pull the battery and restore through Nandroid...just need app2sd :angry: Tried two modaco roms which seem to work for others in the forums....hmmm

Guest Jedipottsy
I've managed to root my Desire using this method very easily but when i try and use Rom manager it asks to flash clockwork mod but i thought this was already flashed with unrevolved?? Would it be safe to flash Clockwork using rom manager?

this happens with me on my MT3G, if i flash a new rom i have to reflash clockwork, then flash clockwork beta again