[HOWTO] Root Your Desire In 1 Click With UnrEVOked!

Guest 42turkeys

Guest Anamnesia
It works for all versions!

Check out my guide here: http://bit.ly/b1KvuR

& enjoy root!

Thanks for that! It worked for me. I tried the riskfree root, but I couldn't get it to work.

Not to say that it was a 1-click root, but it did the trick...

The Windows (WIN7x64) Android 1.0 driver didn't install, so I had to do a manual install.

After that, the Desire flashed a couple of times & Bingo! Rooted Desire... :angry:

Guest craigy85

Noobish question but do you lose all of your sms messages when rooting? Not worried about contacts as they're sync'd with gmail. Thanks

Guest ace3029
Noobish question but do you lose all of your sms messages when rooting? Not worried about contacts as they're sync'd with gmail. Thanks

You dont lose anything with this rooting method.can anyone confirm they have flashed a rom after using this. It did give me superuser and clockwork recovery but cannot flash roms and titanium backup on startup despite giving it super permissions that root cannot be found, dont think im fully rooted? Anyone?

Guest Loccy
You dont lose anything with this rooting method.can anyone confirm they have flashed a rom after using this. It did give me superuser and clockwork recovery but cannot flash roms and titanium backup on startup despite giving it super permissions that root cannot be found, dont think im fully rooted? Anyone?

Click the "problems" option in Titanium and let it download and install Busybox. Then see if it still complains about no root.

Guest ace3029
Click the "problems" option in Titanium and let it download and install Busybox. Then see if it still complains about no root.

Thanks 'Loccy' installing busybox did the trick for titanium :angry: So i AM rooted but when i flash a custom rom then reboot system the custom rom(2 tried) just hangs at the HTC white boot logo then powers off...only way to boot the device again normally is by restoring my nandroid backup?!? Hmph, spent hours trawling the net...

Guest Math95
Hi, Yeah, I did have HTC Sync Installed. I uninstalled it ias in part 3 but left the HTC drivers installed.

1 thing I'm not sure is will it be detected if in part 5 I change it to Disk Drive mode? should it not be set to HTC sync still?

Cheers

I've got the same error "waiting for device" or communications with phone unexpectedly interrupted. Try again"

I've following all steps, downloading driver... uninstall htc sync and leave htc drivers installed but it's not working for me.

I've got 1.22 and hboot 0.80.

Guest ace3029
I've got the same error "waiting for device" or communications with phone unexpectedly interrupted. Try again"

I've following all steps, downloading driver... uninstall htc sync and leave htc drivers installed but it's not working for me.

I've got 1.22 and hboot 0.80.

No, you must change the ask by my pc when usb connected to never ask and click disk drive, you can change this back when rooted.

Guest NeidRider
Rooted fine, thanks - very easy. But tried to flash this rom 02/Jul r21 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen - Froyo FRF91 which just hangs on the HTC boot screen, had to Nandroid restore?!

Did you do a wipe/factory reset, before the first boot?

Guest naguz

Shadowfrost might do some sort of permission chkeck/fixing like the goog ol' fix_permissions script. If you use adb logcat, you can see what sort of output you get. I had a lot of permission-related errors before it shutdown a lot of services and froze at the HTC screen. Wiping before flashing the ROM made Paul's r4 Froyo ROM work great.

Guest ace3029
Shadowfrost might do some sort of permission chkeck/fixing like the goog ol' fix_permissions script. If you use adb logcat, you can see what sort of output you get. I had a lot of permission-related errors before it shutdown a lot of services and froze at the HTC screen. Wiping before flashing the ROM made Paul's r4 Froyo ROM work great.

Did do a wipe with rom manager when i tried flashing through that but same end result. Might try membership to forum so i can try the R5 rom.

Guest craigy85

Just to confirm, this DOES work with fw 1.22 and no goldcard required! I've flashed a froyo Rom from the xda forum and it works a treat :angry:

Guest ace3029
Just to confirm, this DOES work with fw 1.22 and no goldcard required! I've flashed a froyo Rom from the xda forum and it works a treat :angry:

Can i ask which froyo build rom you flashed?

Guest ShrugZ
5 Take your Desire and go to Settings > Connect to PC > Default connection type > Disk drive > Remove check from Ask me

6 Connect your Desire to your PC

7 Start the reflash.exe in Admin mode

8 Wait (it should take about 1-2 minutes)

9 Then, your Desire should be in recovery mode!

Following the instructions above (Using windows verision 3.1 btw)

Done 5, 6, 7 but the the program is saying Waiting for device. Plug phone in now and enable usb debugging.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance

Used Windows 7,ended up with the same result here :/ Might try installing Linux on another laptop tomorrow, and take it from there :angry:

EDIT: 5 years since the last time i touched a Linux distro, this will be fun xD

Edited by ShrugZ

Guest craigy85
Can i ask which froyo build rom you flashed?

LeeDroid v1.3a. The only problem I've had is the music player just stopping randomly (which is a pain in the arse when I'm on my bike). Other than that a, very fast, stable ROM! Contrary to what I've read, my battery life seems a lot better on FroYo as well

Edited by craigy85

Guest EroThraX
Used Windows 7,ended up with the same result here :/ Might try installing Linux on another laptop tomorrow, and take it from there :angry:

EDIT: 5 years since the last time i touched a Linux distro, this will be fun xD

Did you install HTC Sync then uninstall it leaving the HTC Driver Installer behind? If you don't do that it doesn't detect the phone.

Guest ShrugZ
Did you install HTC Sync then uninstall it leaving the HTC Driver Installer behind? If you don't do that it doesn't detect the phone.

I left the HTC Drivers untouched, but i found the problem...i forgot to active the USB debugging option....Fail on my side xD

BUT, i have tried 2 ROMS now....the 16/Jul r5 MoDaCo (FRF91) and Official Froyo HTC Sense ROM (16/07 v1.0c, both of them loops on the HTC welcome logo. So wtf ? Any ideas is much appreciated :angry:

Guest craigy85
BUT, i have tried 2 ROMS now....the 16/Jul r5 MoDaCo (FRF91) and Official Froyo HTC Sense ROM (16/07 v1.0c, both of them loops on the HTC welcome logo. So wtf ? Any ideas is much appreciated :angry:

Did you clear the cache and do a full wipe before flashing your new Rom? If not, I'd do that and re-flash. Worked for me when mine kept getting stuck on the welcome screen

Guest joggesan

Thanks for the guide :angry:

I'm not completely sure that i understand it fully though.. is it possible to get my desire rooted without flashing a custom rom? i want to keep all my apps and all that..

Guest EroThraX
I left the HTC Drivers untouched, but i found the problem...i forgot to active the USB debugging option....Fail on my side xD

If you flash the data/factory reset from Clockwork they will probably boot.

If not wipe the data, cache and dalvik and reflash.

Thanks for the guide :D

I'm not completely sure that i understand it fully though.. is it possible to get my desire rooted without flashing a custom rom? i want to keep all my apps and all that..

Yes, if you root using this you don't have to flash a custom rom, you get superuser permissions added into your current rom. Then you can sort out Titanium backup etc and back up all your apps so you can flash any custom rom without losing anything if you want to.

Edited by EroThraX

so is there anyone used this method to root your desire and successfully flash the modaco r21 or r5 rom by wiping the data?

seems no one here can install the roms w/o wiping the data, right?

Guest ace3029
so is there anyone used this method to root your desire and successfully flash the modaco r21 or r5 rom by wiping the data?

seems no one here can install the roms w/o wiping the data, right?

I needed to wipe to go from 2.1 to 2.2! Once on a 2.2 rom i have'nt needed to wipe. Once rooted backup everything with titanium backup, once you've installed your chosen rom restore the data with titanium and reboot...everything with be back. Sync your contacts with google account or use the backup service in htc people to backup to sd to be certain. I could'nt install the modaco roms so installed devillian 1.0 rom, it has a great addition app called setlocation which means you have a similar app to app2sd but dont need to partion your sd card.