I8000 LITE ROMs by Lancez

Guest Lancez

Guest Lancez
hey Lancez buddy!

still enjoying your JF5!!! no bugs, no crashes, damn! :angry:

sounds great! i'm gonna try something different this afternoon. actually, i'm cooking a JE3v.T right now, without LZX copression, stock pp=20mb. i want u guys to give it a try and give me some feed backs. this ROM is for more advanced users who dose not install everything back into their phones. coz all the custom ROMs are LZX compressed and pp adjusted. i just wanted to give it a try to see if the system can be even faster, more responsive, etc.....

Guest jmsmartins
sounds great! i'm gonna try something different this afternoon. actually, i'm cooking a JE3v.T right now, without LZX copression, stock pp=20mb. i want u guys to give it a try and give me some feed backs. this ROM is for more advanced users who dose not install everything back into their phones. coz all the custom ROMs are LZX compressed and pp adjusted. i just wanted to give it a try to see if the system can be even faster, more responsive, etc.....

well i did install some apps to make widgets work, but not much more than that :angry: JE3=6.5.x?

Guest Lancez
well i did install some apps to make widgets work, but not much more than that :angry: JE3=6.5.x?

6.5.3, some guys have already made requests. so it dosent matter wether i try it on a 6.5 or 6.5.3.

Guest night.fox
first, i want to thank u guys for entertaining my concern with our beloved phone.... ^^

of all the person i asked about this from different forum i visited...you two guys only answered me directly...

the rest says..."go to this link"...^^

thanks Lancez and night.fox :(

well...in my case...

is it ok to use the 4 parts of JF5???

including eboot file...because i want to upgrade from wm6.1(my current os) to wm6.5...

some says the only thing that can brick our phone is the eboot file...

and that scares me... :lol:

can u say that flashing with all these files

pda: I8000NXXJF5

csc: I8000NXXJF4

phone: I8000XXJF1

eboot: I8000NXXJF5

and using XEU. (UK) file for csc...

anyway i dont use SUN...only globe and smart...

would give 100% success???

:D ...im really scared doing this because of risk on bricking my phone... :angry:

please assure me that this will work 100%... :lol:

and THINK POSITIVE!!! ;)

thank you guys...i really appreciated your help... :lol:

more power to you guys...^^

you are good to go as long as no power interruption :D

Guest jmsmartins
updated :angry:

thanks lancez, but too lazy to flash now (means i'm reeeeaaaaaaally enjoying my current rom) ;)

EDIT: about your new rom, sonblack (or contable, i don't quiet remember) once said that if we don't use LZX compression the rom would be faster.. wihtout LZX compression and w/ a pp of 20mb i assume this rom is pretty fast. are u enjoying it? :D

Edited by jmsmartins

Guest Lancez
thanks lancez, but too lazy to flash now (means i'm reeeeaaaaaaally enjoying my current rom) :D

EDIT: about your new rom, sonblack (or contable, i don't quiet remember) once said that if we don't use LZX compression the rom would be faster.. wihtout LZX compression and w/ a pp of 20mb i assume this rom is pretty fast. are u enjoying it? :angry:

why do u think i uploaded this one now? i made total 4 JE3_v.T ROMs and this is the last one i made ;) the same procedure b4 i uploaded JF5_v.T :D

enjoy guys

Edited by Lancez

Guest jmsmartins
why do u think i uploaded this one now? i made total 4 JE3_v.T ROMs and this is the last one i made :D the same procedure b4 i uploaded JF5_v.T ;)

enjoy guys

sorry, i didn't see RC1, 2 and 3 :angry:

Edited by jmsmartins

Guest Lancez
hi lancez

could u please tell me if u only remove progs or if u also added some? like sdkcerts, etc...

cheers

version T is version T :angry: same as T made. no extra apps, not even battery icon this time.

Guest johnchua55

thanks for this ROM ..... it's super stable and fast !!!! i'm using it with SPB + Mskip proplus ultimate v2 .... i still have about 74mb free ram

i dunno what i did ..... but it seems windows start menu eats memory .... anyway to save some ram .... i transferred all folders/files in \windows\starmenu ..... to a folder in my storage. before i had a lot of links in startmenu ..... my free ram was like 60mb at startup

weird thing is .... i transferred back some links/folders into \windows\startmenu ..... but they don't appear anymore when i tap START button, which is great because the links are there and they work but don't eat up ram and JWMD icon changer can only change icons of links inside \windows\startmenu

i guess bottom line is i get the best of both worlds ..... customized icons ..... freed up some ram as well.

Guest Lancez
thanks for this ROM ..... it's super stable and fast !!!! i'm using it with SPB + Mskip proplus ultimate v2 .... i still have about 74mb free ram

i dunno what i did ..... but it seems windows start menu eats memory .... anyway to save some ram .... i transferred all folders/files in \windows\starmenu ..... to a folder in my storage. before i had a lot of links in startmenu ..... my free ram was like 60mb at startup

weird thing is .... i transferred back some links/folders into \windows\startmenu ..... but they don't appear anymore when i tap START button, which is great because the links are there and they work but don't eat up ram and JWMD icon changer can only change icons of links inside \windows\startmenu

i guess bottom line is i get the best of both worlds ..... customized icons ..... freed up some ram as well.

that is weird, i have never heard about that kinda method to move around your startmenu folder like that. but whatever works for ya. more feedbacks are appreciated, looks like only few users care to share infos.

Guest jmsmartins
version T is version T :angry: same as T made. no extra apps, not even battery icon this time.

ok fella :D this version seems even faster than JF5 ;)

Guest johnchua55

it was an experiment ..... as i've previously read somewhere in this forum .... it saves some memory if you delete your links inside \windows\starmenu

since most of us use some sort of third party UI .... we can launch programs directly from the UI ... making the startmenu redundant and useless

maybe one reason it ate a lot of ram is i installed enhanced_shark_v_.05 .....which is a whole bunch of links to all kinds of settings and system utils

Edited by johnchua55

Guest Lancez
ok fella :D this version seems even faster than JF5 ;)

dont know about that :angry: u'll have to test it yourself :D all i can say is, i'm not an advanced cook like other great chefs around, but i have tried my best to make you happy :(

Guest Lancez
it was an experiment ..... as i've previously read somewhere in this forum .... it saves some memory if you delete your links inside \windows\starmenu

since most of us use some sort of third party UI .... we can launch programs directly from the UI ... making the startmenu redundant and useless

maybe one reason it ate a lot of ram is i installed enhanced_shark_v_.05 .....which is a whole bunch of links to all kinds of settings and system utils

i see, thanks for your tips!