Dell's Streak is destined for AT&T as soon as July 19

Guest GriZlore

Guest GriZlore

Quoted from Engadget.... You may have heard chatter recently that Dell's Streak is destined for AT&T as soon as July 19 -- and now, with a little dot-connecting, we're pretty much on board with that theory. We've just been tipped with some images of a corporate-owned AT&T store where contractors are in the process of installing new kiosks in the "Smartphones" area of the floor under tight security; they've apparently been made to sign NDAs and a number of employees "are already on the chopping block" for trying to figure out what it is. We suppose it could be something Captivate-related, but considering the level of security here, we think it's something much bigger. Like 5 inches or so, if you catch our drift

Source...

Guest MrPokeylope

Quoted from Engadget.... You may have heard chatter recently that Dell's Streak is destined for AT&T as soon as July 19 -- and now, with a little dot-connecting, we're pretty much on board with that theory. We've just been tipped with some images of a corporate-owned AT&T store where contractors are in the process of installing new kiosks in the "Smartphones" area of the floor under tight security; they've apparently been made to sign NDAs and a number of employees "are already on the chopping block" for trying to figure out what it is. We suppose it could be something Captivate-related, but considering the level of security here, we think it's something much bigger. Like 5 inches or so, if you catch our drift

Source...

Engadget changed the pics they had up. Basically it was a walled-off section of a store.

We know it's coming. I'm calling it now though... it'll have 1.6 and be no different to ours aside from different wallpaper and a different carrier.

Guest MrPokeylope
According to a Dell guy (which I know) it will be 1.6.

Y

In September they will issue 2.2 (Which will be " slick as hell! ")

No offence, but I worked for d'hell for 2 years and still have friends there. Theyre as clueless as any of us. Your friend speaks opinion. Baseless. Like mine. Dell employees at support level know s***. I'm saying this as a fact.

I really wish people would stop getting excited over what some soul-destroyed indian peon says to placate you as well (check other posts. I'm talking to you jdouce!). Dell are weird. They strike up the band for devices that will tank, but stay tight lipped on things that excite people. Michael is weird too. God knows i never thought i'd own a dell ever... its weird i love this device. X

Guest yosemite-sam

its been a weird this past few months, i remember telling a mate i liked the look of the streak when i heard it was out in june. their response? dell ? meh! lmao their reply? hold out man iphones a comin! well i did my homework on both and didnt bother to wait.

now we have us looking at apple saying what are you guys on? what is this s*** your trying to pull? and with dell its what are you guys on? your dell? lmao what s*** are you trying to pull on us making something like this? it works!

crazy huh dell over apple, crazy but true.

Guest GriZlore
No offence, but I worked for d'hell for 2 years and still have friends there. Theyre as clueless as any of us. Your friend speaks opinion. Baseless. Like mine. Dell employees at support level know s***. I'm saying this as a fact.

I really wish people would stop getting excited over what some soul-destroyed indian peon says to placate you as well (check other posts. I'm talking to you jdouce!). Dell are weird. They strike up the band for devices that will tank, but stay tight lipped on things that excite people. Michael is weird too. God knows i never thought i'd own a dell ever... its weird i love this device. X

No offence taken, however my contact at Dell would take offence if I inferred that he worked at "support level", he doesnt :angry:

Guest StarLog

How long do you guys think before the TMOUS version will be available. My Dell rep says he will get me a unlocked version the day they are available, but I am worried it will not support TMOUS 3G.

Any thoughts.

Guest yeahOK

According to one of Dell's official bloggers something hardware related has changed from the UK/Beta device besides the color. I'm sure it's something minor if they're willing to change it at the last minute, but it sounds like we'll find out for sure next week!

Edited by yeahOK

Guest hdbueller
NICE..... thanks

Sorry to burst anyones bubble here but I just got back from the AT&T store near me that has a very knowledgeable rep, and he has confirmed (and let me play with) a Samsung Galaxy/Captivate that will be going on sale tomorrow. He said that he was told that the Streak probably will not be available at the stores initially. It will most likely be launched like the Tilt 2 was where they sold it online thru the business website first and then released it to the general public a couple of weeks later.

I hope that he was incorrect for all of you still waiting for an AT&T version........

Later :angry:

Guest kev24k
Sorry to burst anyones bubble here but I just got back from the AT&T store near me that has a very knowledgeable rep, and he has confirmed (and let me play with) a Samsung Galaxy/Captivate that will be going on sale tomorrow. He said that he was told that the Streak probably will not be available at the stores initially. It will most likely be launched like the Tilt 2 was where they sold it online thru the business website first and then released it to the general public a couple of weeks later.

I hope that he was incorrect for all of you still waiting for an AT&T version........

Later :angry:

I'm 100% sure its not coming out the 19th. End of the month. I do know with 100% certainty that some ATT stores will have the streak on its release.