browser eating battery?

Guest WilhelmsBrick

Guest WilhelmsBrick

Well this has happened twice to me in a couple of days. Ususlly with data enabled, constant 3g and screen on low/medium i get a good days use with music, bit of email, browsing and twitter but ive been experiencing a problem of really quite fast battery drain. When i check the battery use, its flipped from standby and cell being the biggest drainers to the browser.

All websites fully loaded, usually only 1 on screen and i havent used much of the browser - deffo not when it suddenly starts running the battery down at least so i dont see the problem.

Any ideas?

Guest popetodd

Probably on a page that is constantly refreshing .

iGoogle kills my battery if I leave parked there in standby.

Edited by popetodd

Guest WilhelmsBrick
Probably on a page that is constantly refreshing .

iGoogle kills my battery if I leave parked there in standby.

Never thought about that, ill have to check what site its on next time it happens, see if that is the issue.

Guest Logoria
Well this has happened twice to me in a couple of days. Ususlly with data enabled, constant 3g and screen on low/medium i get a good days use with music, bit of email, browsing and twitter but ive been experiencing a problem of really quite fast battery drain. When i check the battery use, its flipped from standby and cell being the biggest drainers to the browser.

All websites fully loaded, usually only 1 on screen and i havent used much of the browser - deffo not when it suddenly starts running the battery down at least so i dont see the problem.

Any ideas?

3G connection cost a lot of power consumption, phone usually deal with network data cause not get into sleep mode.

Maybe close data connection when you don't need network service to save battery life.

Guest WilhelmsBrick
3G connection cost a lot of power consumption, phone usually deal with network data cause not get into sleep mode.

Maybe close data connection when you don't need network service to save battery life.

Usually data connection has been no problem. Infact last night going to sleep i left the data on streaming a 30 min podcast and playing through the spesker, wake up this morning with my twitter updates after the stream 9 hours since charge and 10% is all it drained. Thats fantastic as I see, so I think the isssue is with the browser itself, or what site i leave open, not the actua' connection.