MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest indieladadam
did you set ext2 to ext3 when you created new partition?

no i just left as ext2 when partitioned

Edited by indieladadam

AVS-X Kernel were the first FM radio test kernel and thus not even an alpha, it was purely a test, proof of concept etc...

I would suggest you use one of the latest FM kernels from intersectRaven's mediafire repo.

I'm quite sure he would agree also.

Guest Brian L
AVS-X Kernel were the first FM radio test kernel and thus not even an alpha, it was purely a test, proof of concept etc...

I would suggest you use one of the latest FM kernels from intersectRaven's mediafire repo.

I'm quite sure he would agree also.

Do those have any effect on battery life? I do not use FM Radio so that doesn't matter to me, im just trying to use whatever has the best battery life.

EDIT: I have actually realized that the one thing that drains the battery like no other, is using the phone(as in talking to someone on the phone). It drains battery percentage like crazy! Any way to help that?

Edited by Brian L

Guest adriandyb
So just to confirm.. when you checked and unchecked "mobile network", you havent had a problem since with the network dropping out?... or did it just fix the issue temporarily?

I have not had a problem again, even after flashing again.

Guest joshlusignan
no i just left as ext2 when partitioned

I believe you need to have ext3 to use AP2SD, you can do this via recovery in the same place you formatted sd card.

Guest joshlusignan
still no pre bakes? :\ I really want to run a stock non customized sense rom :\

this...from a guy with donate button in his sig. :)

Yeah, Im hoping for an update soon too. Usually Paul is the first...hes got some catchin up to do. :D

Edited by joshlusignan

Guest spuniun

After having tried both Rod and King's Desire2Nexus ROMs over the past few days, I'm already far more impressed with Paul's "work in progress" than either of those. Both those others have the same known bugs as this one but are trying to pretend to be stable releases. This one is far more stable and as functional, if not more.

Can't wail until Paul gets the time to work on this more cause I'm certain he will implement Desire Froyo on my N1 better than anyone else... subscription was worth every penny.

After having tried both Rod and King's Desire2Nexus ROMs over the past few days, I'm already far more impressed with Paul's "work in progress" than either of those. Both those others have the same known bugs as this one but are trying to pretend to be stable releases. This one is far more stable and as functional, if not more.

Can't wail until Paul gets the time to work on this more cause I'm certain he will implement Desire Froyo on my N1 better than anyone else... subscription was worth every penny.

You can say that again!!!

Guest negreenfield

I agree on those two but I'm pretty impressed with EvilD's Sense port. It's still not perfect but I think of all the ones out there it's currently the best. I'm waiting to see what Paul comes up with for the next WIP or Alpha version as all of the Sense ports still have quite a few issues that can sometimes make them hard to use as a full time ROM.

Guest indieladadam
I believe you need to have ext3 to use AP2SD, you can do this via recovery in the same place you formatted sd card.

tried it with ext3 and still same problem, goes to the htc screen but doesn't actually boot up =[ dont get why partitioning it would do that

Guest joshlusignan
tried it with ext3 and still same problem, goes to the htc screen but doesn't actually boot up =[ dont get why partitioning it would do that

I'm not sure what might be the prob...it was the only thing I could think of. :) Have you tried another sd card already?

Guest indieladadam
I'm not sure what might be the prob...it was the only thing I could think of. :) Have you tried another sd card already?

my 4GB one thats same grade and make but 4GB not 16GB works fine =/ its so odd lol

Guest joshlusignan
it works with no card or my 4gb card.. i wanna be able use my 16gb one tho =[

Once the rom is loaded, take card out, boot up...then pop in your 16gigger.

Guest cdubb9800

im running mcr 22.1 and love it cant wait for the prebakes with 720p and bluetooth i want to become a premium member but id have to wait any who good job paul keep up te good work

Edited by cdubb9800

Guest FaZe916

No update on bakes for premium members? Alot of devs that don't charge have successfully gotten 720 video recording working and major speed increases...

Guest prgopala
No update on bakes for premium members? Alot of devs that don't charge have successfully gotten 720 video recording working and major speed increases...

+1

Guest Nerds 2 You
still no pre bakes? :\ I really want to run a stock non customized sense rom :\

Read the very first post in this topic by Paul that says

I've added the kitchen files necessary for it to run on the Nexus One, so people can have a play. NANDROID FIRST, this only a preview release (kitchen only) and likely has numerous issues. The main purpose of this release is to show FM radio working with intersectraven's kernel. The full r23 will be based on my r5 Desire release (based on the 2.06 leak).

I have highlighted the answer to your question

Edited by Nerds 2 You

Guest adriandyb

I have just noticed that my Google apps email account is not syncing. This is the second account with the first being a gmail one which syncs fine.

Tried turning sync off and on for the account, but it still does not sync.

I am using a very recent kitchen build and also the latest intersectRaven 2.6.35-FM_AVS-925mV_CFS_20100802_1131.

Any ideas to fix it?

I agree with some earlier posts - this is a great rom even with the few issues!!