MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest richy
everything works fine as expected till now............i have this radio 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04, the problem is that after i restarting the phone...i am not able to get the network......i have changed to old froyo radio but still i am getting the network issue :angry:

+1

Guest MikeDaGeek
i did a full wipe, dalvick cache, ext partition.

then i repartioned my SD card again just in case....same issue.

didnt include jbed java either. hmmm....ill keep tinkering with it.

Fresh bake same results

Not baking in the "new" radio (already has that radio)

Ummnn Not sure what to tweak next to try and wedge it in ... Restoring Nandriod and going about my day ... BUMMED ... been waiting (THANK YOU FOR THE WORK PAUL!!!) for Sense on FroYo ...

Will keep an eye on the board

If you succeed please POST SOLUTION

Guest chowdarygm
everything works fine as expected till now............i have this radio 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04, the problem is that after i restarting the phone...i am not able to get the network......i have changed to old froyo radio but still i am getting the network issue :angry:

anyone help with this............if i can't solve it now, i will have to go back to another rom as anyone cant live without a network connection :D, i like this rom very much...please help

Guest danw1028

I am having some limited success with the BT. Anybody else? Basically you have to make the phone visible for it to connect (every time). The bug is that my stereo BT works, but only for media not regular BT via phone call. Thanks Paul!

Guest chowdarygm
just wondering how much room does this leave for apps please ?? :angry: thanks paul

Approx 120 MB if i remember correctly......

Guest chowdarygm

quick update:

putting the phone into airplane mode and restarting the phone and switch the airplane mode off, got back the network.....will wait until tomorrow morning and see how it goes.......

Guest thedudesandroid

My kitchen keeps failing because it's trying to symlink system/lib but libnativehelper.so is already in the folder.

woohoo!

i got crafty. adb'ed into the phone and kept ls /system until i saw it create the lib folder with one lib in it that was blocking my symlink. rm -rf /system/lib before it tried to symlink and bam. I was able to push libnativehelper.so to /data/system-lib and it worked.

Come to think of it....I think I could have just edited the update-script

Edited by thedudesandroid

Guest paesan

Wiped everything and booted up with no issues except wifi hotspot does not work and I noticed that the language did not include the English US version. I only spent a few minutes with the rom so far. Once again, great work Paul, thanks.

Edited by paesan

Guest KevinCTofel

Sweet! Even though this is a WIP and I'm off for vacation the next 4 days, I'm baking right now. I always keep the last ROM or two on my SD card anyway, so if this has too many issues, I'll just revert back or use the loaner Droid X for the weekend. Thanks Paul! :angry:

Guest KevinCTofel

Bummer. Getting the same error as a few others, even after a full wipe.

E:cant symlink /system/bin/reboot

E: failure at line 332:

symlink toolbox SYSTEM:bin/reboot

It must have something to do with the options I've chosen to bake if others are getting this build to run. I'll try with the defaults although I generally pull out some of the HTC apps. Baking now.

Soft button backlights appear to be broken/nonfunctional as well.

:edit: actually they randomly work...

Edited by jdoo

Guest rafael velasquez

Can't figure out how to mount the USB in this Rom neither, no BT, No english (US) language.....my google maps is speaking with a british accent...."You have reached your destination, Governor. "

Guest KevinCTofel
Bummer. Getting the same error as a few others, even after a full wipe.

E:cant symlink /system/bin/reboot

E: failure at line 332:

symlink toolbox SYSTEM:bin/reboot

It must have something to do with the options I've chosen to bake if others are getting this build to run. I'll try with the defaults although I generally pull out some of the HTC apps. Baking now.

OK, rebaked with the defaults and it flashed. Not sure what I selected (or removed) that caused the error, but I'm good for now. Plenty fast ROM! Great work so far, Paul! :angry:

Guest rafael velasquez
OK, rebaked with the defaults and it flashed. Not sure what I selected (or removed) that caused the error, but I'm good for now. Plenty fast ROM! Great work so far, Paul! :angry:

it's the radio....don't update radio and it will work fine. baked to YOUR perfection.