MCR r23 Development Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest AndiTails

Ok, I got a slightly weird issue...

If you lock the phone, it drops signal briefly.

It also seems like it drops the call when you put the phone to your head and the screen turns off - and the signal certainly looks like it does - but the call is actually still going. If you dial again, the call immediately connects and the person is still talking?!?

Now, I was using Juice Defender and I thought maybe the screen-off was having an affect, but uninstalled and rebooted and still the weird affect.

Sadly making it unusable for me at the moment. I'm sure it's something I've installed... I may have to wipe and start again.

How bizarre! Anyone any suggestions?

Guest raptor402

It's a wonderful rom, but too buggy. It flashed fine and the first boot was perfect. But when I rebooted I got constant crashes. So I decided to wipe and restore CM 6. After wiping I tried to Nandrestore but it gave me an error. Had to flash CM 6 again. Still, I can't wait for a more stable version. This is a wonderful start.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I found a bug: while charging the charging led doesn't light up.

Edited by raptor402

Guest Brian L
Auto Mount on the market works perfectly

You are able to mount usb with Auto Mount from market with this rom? And transfer files from/to computer/phone?

Yeah full wipe and what not still not getting the HTC_IME, I tried installing an APK and it force closed a buncha times, interesting. Using smart keyboard for now till.
I looked in /data/app and saw the HTCIME apk files there, but had no HTC IME option in the keyboard settings. I went ahead and deleted the files in /data/app and then grabbed the HTC IME apk's from the normal N1 MCR and 'adb install' them and it works. weird :angry:

Also, just for fun I tried adb installing and pushing the Dlna app from the Samsung Galaxy MCR rom. Unfortunately it didnt work/nothing happened. It sure would be sweet to have dlna on our N1's :D

Guest toyanucci
Is there any way to mount USB so i can transfer files to/from pc/phone? MountUSB did not come with this rom?

Wish people would just read, as just a FEW posts up its mentioned that "Auto Mount" from the market mounts and allows for file transfer. I read it here, downloaded it, and am currently using it.

Guest MikeDaGeek
That's what I figured. Guess in my half awake first read of the post I missed those comments. Anyone found a USB mount app that works? Tried a few of the market with no luck so far.

I'm using the dropbox app to pass any files I need back and forth ...

Guest adamiester

my findings

-clicking accessibility in settings freezes the phone

-is trackball unlock possible?

-also the soft keys for me werent lighting up, tho ive seen other people say theyre coming on randomly

-trackball alert wont work

-is it possible to have the status bar with the 3g icon instead of the H?

-a bug i noticed, titanium backup said it didnt have root permissions, if i reload the application for inside it, it works again but then the notification which is like a pop up on the screen gets stuck and wont go away

Guest Brian L
Wish people would just read, as just a FEW posts up its mentioned that "Auto Mount" from the market mounts and allows for file transfer. I read it here, downloaded it, and am currently using it.

Okay, but i don't want it to automatically mount my sd card when i plug the phone into the computer, sometimes i charge it that way.

Guest IraJames

Love this rom, I can finally send text messages longer then 160 characters long, but what I really miss is LED trackball color notifications, and track ball wake. I can't wait until the next more complete release thanks Modaco!

Guest julesism

ok, I gave this ROM a shot because I was having issues with my phone stuck on E, no 3G at my apt. I'm USA on T-Mobile in the Dallas TX area.

FM Radio works because I can hear static. If I try to manually move the slider, nothing changes even though it says I'm on the different freq. After a scan, it looks like it is correctly seeing the legit FM signals in my area when I look at the list. When I try one of the stations in the list, from a clean open of the app, it works for a little bit. After trying to change the station using the list for the 3rd or 4th time, it gets stuck on that station. Before trying the list, I was trying to manually use the slider. At some point my only option becomes 0.0 FM. So, as long as you scan first and chose stations found in the list, it works for a few tries. When I try to exit the FM app it hangs\gets stuck. Force close does not really help so I have to reboot to start over. Nice start Paul!

No BT but that's expected since it's been a known issue. If/when BT works on this port, this will be all I use. I love having Sense UI.

I'm still stuck on E at my apt. but I'll continue to investigate this on my own.

Thank you Paul for continuing your work regarding Sense for the Nexus One. I was beginning to loose hope but this is a great sign of hopefully more things to come!

Edited by julesism

Guest nxsone

get mount usb from r22 use root explorer or astro is located in the app/app folder copy and paste it to sd and install, the file name is ''at.abraxas.mountusb.apk''

sorry my bad his is not optimized to work in froyo (did not test before) it will only force close

at.abraxas.mountusb.zip

Edited by nxsone

Now, I was using Juice Defender and I thought maybe the screen-off was having an affect, but uninstalled and rebooted and still the weird affect.

Sadly making it unusable for me at the moment. I'm sure it's something I've installed... I may have to wipe and start again.

I noticed, after I uninstalled Juice Defender, and I went in Applications -> Manage Applications -> Downloaded, I still had a "juice defender aosp helper" or something along those lines. I believe those are the scripts that JD uses behind the scenes, maybe try uninstalling that.

Guest ChrisSpera

I downloaded this and installed it and so far so good. Aside from the following, this is actually pretty close to being ready for prime time (aside from the things that I'm obviously missing and Paul has on his to-do list)

• Battery life is a bit on the weak side. I noticed that the battery dropped from near full to about 25% right after I installed it. Its also been slow to charge.
  • I have an issue with HTC Sense. It assumes that your default Sync account is an Exchange Account. I have an Exchange account; but my primary account is my Google account. This is probably the thing that bothers me the most about SenseUI. I'd really rather pick my primary sync account...or maybe I'm missing something... if I am, would someone mind swinging the 2x4 upside my head and setting me straight?
  • Bluetooth (yeah, I read the release notes...)

Great job, Paul. This is really awesome work.

Guest jay_s_uk
Okay, but i don't want it to automatically mount my sd card when i plug the phone into the computer, sometimes i charge it that way.

Automount can be turned off in the apps settings

Guest Klarato

Loving this release so far. About time our N1's got some more loving :angry:. Thanks for your hard work paul. Can't wait for you to iron out the bugs =D.

Guest raptor402
-a bug i noticed, titanium backup said it didnt have root permissions, if i reload the application for inside it, it works again but then the notification which is like a pop up on the screen gets stuck and wont go away

I had a similar problem with titanium backup. It got the root permissions but after that the dialogue which stated the same just won't go away. I rebooted to remove it but then the rom kept crashing so I went back to my previous rom.

Guest bulldog82
I had a similar problem with titanium backup. It got the root permissions but after that the dialogue which stated the same just won't go away. I rebooted to remove it but then the rom kept crashing so I went back to my previous rom.

No problem on mine , possibly as my titanium backup is the paid version. After install this rom I use titanium to restore back all my settings/sms/mail and apps - works smoothly and perfectly

Guest AndiTails

The 'toast popup' which gets stuck on the screen is from 'SuperUser'. Go into that and disable the Notification and it stays away then :angry:

Guest bof-10

hi paul

please can you help me with this desire rom

http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...sire-rom-to-n1/

i only have problem with graphic i use system/lib , system/framework and system/app from this rom and change it

with yours r22.1 desire rom only graphic problem and camera flash

only wont fix graphic glitch dont care about camera now

thank you

Edited by bof-10

Guest julesism

Paul, could you include the N1\stock dialer\contacts as an option on future bakes? I use Google Voice for all calls. HTC Dailer and Dialer One do not appear to play nice with Google Voice. I see the generic GV number for most of my calls when I check the log.