What is the most robust method of backing-up the Xperia X10?

Guest ScottR

Guest ScottR

Hi folks

What would be the easiest and most thorough way of backing-up/syncing everything on my Xperia X10? I have read some advice on the SE website but I am unsure whether what they suggest includes absolutely everything on my phone, i.e. downloads from the Andriod Market, contacts, music, pictures, settings, etc.

I previously had a Nokia 5800 which had an in-built backup programme which made a copy of everything onto the memory card.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Scott

Guest Nimmo
Hi folks

What would be the easiest and most thorough way of backing-up/syncing everything on my Xperia X10? I have read some advice on the SE website but I am unsure whether what they suggest includes absolutely everything on my phone, i.e. downloads from the Andriod Market, contacts, music, pictures, settings, etc.

I previously had a Nokia 5800 which had an in-built backup programme which made a copy of everything onto the memory card.

Many thanks

Scott

I quite like Astro file manager for backups.

I have given a link to the app on Appbrain.

To do a backup, simply hit menu, go to tools, choose "Application Manager/Backup"

Then you can back up all your apps from there (as long as the developer hasn't marked them as private that is)

Once/if rooted I love Titanium Backup as it can back up all apps and settings regardless of whether or not the developer has marked them as private.

Hope that helps.

Guest ScottR
I quite like Astro file manager for backups.

I have given a link to the app on Appbrain.

To do a backup, simply hit menu, go to tools, choose "Application Manager/Backup"

Then you can back up all your apps from there (as long as the developer hasn't marked them as private that is)

Once/if rooted I love Titanium Backup as it can back up all apps and settings regardless of whether or not the developer has marked them as private.

Hope that helps.

Hi. Many thanks for this information which I appreciate...I will go check it out :angry:

Kind regards

Scott

• 10 months later...
Guest Arun Manohar
Hi folks

Many thanks

Scott

USe My Backup Pro...It backup's both apk's and data..It's excellent

Guest BuglyAstard
USe My Backup Pro...It backup's both apk's and data..It's excellent

Ive been using titanium, I like the options but I might try My Backup Pro. The apk installer in the MIUI roms is nice because it compiles all your apks into one and you select ALL or just what you want and it installs them without prompt, as in having to press install for each apk like in titanium. MIUI is awesome, if mybackuppro can batch install Ill take it!

If you want to do a nice clean, safe backup. Use file expert and backup your apps, it makes a folder called backup_ups, take those and put them in flashtool file custom apps, after a new rom is installed just use flashtool to install. Alot of ways to do it, just play with it if you have time, if not go with whats common.

Guest PhrozenFear

I have been using MiUI from Trip now for a while. Love it. And it comes with it's own MiUI Backup. Another one that I use, just as a general backup, is the backup feature in XRecovery... though I haven't tried doing an advanced restore from it, I'm told you can restore just your apps / settings from it.

As for backing up the important stuff (to me, that's my call history and sms) I use the free SMS Backup & Restore, and Call Log Backup And Restore. Everything else I can reinstall later - heck, I keep all the APK's on my SD card to reinstall from anyway.

Guest richardcbristol

I use Xrecovery to completely back up my ROM. I've used it a few times to restore and it works flawlessly for me. It should do as it takes an entire backup of all the system files. I guess if you store apps on SD card then it wouldn't back up those? But then again they're on the SD card so would still be there as long as you didn't lose that.

Guest Blaven

Titanium is the best tough, since it can sync with dropbox and gets updated quite often.

If you use the paid version (like me) it is also very fast and backs up everything. :D

Guest PhrozenFear

Yeah, I've heard that, but I can't afford it at the moment - my cellphone bill just skyrocketed last couple months, so I am so broke I can't even afford to pay att-- ooh Shiny !!

Guest PhrozenFear

It's a joke. A combination of Attention Deficit and Hypertension Disorder and being broke. The saying goes, "I'm so broke I can't afford to pay attention." I just combined it with the thought of someone who's ADHD saying that. =)

Guest frankie_fish

i dont like backup programs... but the only thing i backup are apps... i downloaded apk of every app that i use on my pc and put it in a flashtool folder so when i change rom i just install it via flashtool in a minute :D

Guest evanbigfan

hey man

am using my backup pro in addition to MIUI backup and both are great,miui is faster,but if u r not using tripn miui rom so no way

Guest Blaven
It's a joke. A combination of Attention Deficit and Hypertension Disorder and being broke. The saying goes, "I'm so broke I can't afford to pay attention." I just combined it with the thought of someone who's ADHD saying that. =)

Oh, okay. :D

I'm not English so I might not always understand everything. :D

But I'm trying! :o