Contacts (exchange)

Guest Olatho

Guest Olatho

I keep all my contacts in exchange (actually i'ts OpenLDAP with Zarafa/Z-Push as a proxy), and do not use google, sim contacts or phone contacts.

Syncing works just fine - if I add a contact to OpenLDAP, it is synced to the phone and vice versa.

All names show up in the call-log and in both the native sms app and ChompSMS, and I can edit the contacts if I click on the small icon on the call log. I can also add contacts with "New contact" and select "Exchange Active Sync".

However, none of the contacts show up in the Contacts-app itself. The list of contacts only shows My contact card, and "Menu" -> "View" does not have an option to show Exchange-contacts.

Is there any other option to make them show up on the contact list?

Running MCR4-r4 build 3

I have not updated to r5 yet - just because everything else seems to be working fine in r4, so I have not seen any reason to do it - but is this issue "fixed" in the euro-release (r5)?

Guest pupadi
However, none of the contacts show up in the Contacts-app itself. The list of contacts only shows My contact card, and "Menu" -> "View" does not have an option to show Exchange-contacts.

Is there any other option to make them show up on the contact list?

Have you checked Exchange Contacts to be viewed in Contact List?

That is

People -> Menu -> View -> Exchange (Check Box)?

If that option is not checked none of the exchange contacts would appear under the contact list.

Guest Olatho
Have you checked Exchange Contacts to be viewed in Contact List?

That is

People -> Menu -> View -> Exchange (Check Box)?

If that option is not checked none of the exchange contacts would appear under the contact list.

That's my problem - that option does not exist.

In the view-menu, all I have is:

SIM (0)

Google (22)

Phone (0)

Facebook (0)

Any idea why exchange won't show up?

As I explained, exchange is working, and the contacts exists in other apps. Just not in the People app. But they are even available in the People Widget. I can add them there by clicking the "+" button. And by clicking their name in the widget, I can actually edit them in the People app as well.

It's just the list they won't show up in...

Really strange.

That's my problem - that option does not exist.

In the view-menu, all I have is:

SIM (0)

Google (22)

Phone (0)

Facebook (0)

Any idea why exchange won't show up?

As I explained, exchange is working, and the contacts exists in other apps. Just not in the People app. But they are even available in the People Widget. I can add them there by clicking the "+" button. And by clicking their name in the widget, I can actually edit them in the People app as well.

It's just the list they won't show up in...

Really strange.

U should try clear data in settings > applications > people

and sync again

If not sufficient Wipe and flash again ..

A+

Jpq

Edited by jpq