Daskalos B7610 6.5 ROM Build 21909

Guest daskalos

Guest daskalos
hi daskalos,

any idea when this one with sence will be ready?

greetzz tjeerd

Unfortunately my lappy got some kind of power problem (it doesn't power on) so it is still in the service shop, maybe until then I will upload the ROM...

Anyway, I returned back from my Hong Kong trip and bought a new phone :(

Unfortunately my lappy got some kind of power problem (it doesn't power on) so it is still in the service shop, maybe until then I will upload the ROM...

Too bad to hear about your lappy!

Is it too bad for b7610 owners that you got another phone? :(

Guest daskalos
Is it too bad for b7610 owners that you got another phone? :P

It's bad to buy a new phone? :(

I bought LG Expo, the 1ghz, sliding qwerty, projector phone, for the reason it has a LED projector (which I think is cool B) ) I was thinking of getting an Android, but I thought Android is just around the corner and you can pick it up anytime if you want to...A phone with a projector is like a novelty collectible :D I always wanted unique gadgets, that's why I had laid my hands (and pocket) in watch phones (one with a dual sim and one water proof), the big HTC Athena, the first dual sim WinMo etc.

But because B7610 and Expo are both Winmo, sooner or later, I must dispose one of them, but I can't really decide :P

What I like in B7610:

- large amoled screen

- android porting is ongoing

- DNLA

- Battery Life

What I like in Expo

- 1Ghz Snapdragon

- Fully compatible with apps and games that uses OpenGL 1.0-2.0(and runs them smooth and fast) like Sense, Electopia, Xtrakt, Xperia Panels etc.

- 4 way Fingerprint sensor

- LED Projector that projects nicely up to 60 inches

- 16M Colors

- Notification LEDs (weird :( )

Edited by daskalos

It's bad to buy a new phone? :(

But because B7610 and Expo are both Winmo, sooner or later, I must dispose one of them, but I can't really decide :P

Congrats on your new purchase!

It is not at all bad to buy a new phone, but moment you lay down your b7610, our unofficial support of b7610 also ends! :( (That certainly will be time to sell ours too!)

Guest shivatink

i personally felt android phones r lot better no colour limitations and more advance than winmo but y did u select the phone that has same 256 ram and 512 rom.... i think u got it for projector k fine have a nice time with new phone.... am waiting for the gingerbread phones

Guest tjeerdos

welkom back

that's a nice phone. want that in my pocked too hahaha.

I just hope that you still will make the beautiful roms for b7610.

But I do understand why you bought that one.

so I hope you lappy will be back soon. then you can finish the ROM haha

greets

tjeerd

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Hey Daskalos,

Can you do me a favour? Can you please increase the pagepool in your rom to 12 MB? That will make it usable for me, coz if i use any rom below that pagepool, after some time, phone refuses to wake up when a call comes.

The reason why i cannot do it is that, if i cook a rom myself, i dunno what i am doing wrong, but my hardware keyboard starts typing wrong characters. It happens even when i just dump and rebuild official JC2 rom. Do you have any idea why this is happening? Your roms and the roms i cooked previously work fine, but anything i cook now causes this problem. And it happens even after freshly formatting my computer. :(

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Hey Daskalos,

Can you do me a favour? Can you please increase the pagepool in your rom to 12 MB? That will make it usable for me, coz if i use any rom below that pagepool, after some time, phone refuses to wake up when a call comes.

The reason why i cannot do it is that, if i cook a rom myself, i dunno what i am doing wrong, but my hardware keyboard starts typing wrong characters. It happens even when i just dump and rebuild official JC2 rom. Do you have any idea why this is happening? Your roms and the roms i cooked previously work fine, but anything i cook now causes this problem. And it happens even after freshly formatting my computer. :(

And ya, I am having my original CSC. Plus as i said, flashing official or roms that i built a while ago work fine. :|

Edited by Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest daskalos
hey das, cool gadget, how's the pico projector?

here:

Here's 10 inches

DSCN0494.jpg

DSCN0491.jpg

And here's 80 inches

DSCN0495.jpg.

Hey Daskalos,

Oh as I reported here, my lappy is still at the repair shop so no more cooking for me for the meantime....

anyway here's the link for the full rom with sense (available at first post)

Guest new2city

the projection looks good, very bright. I just wonder how it looks in in normal lighting.. like against a wall? Anyway, it's great..

Guest shivatink
here:

Here's 10 inches

DSCN0494.jpg

DSCN0491.jpg

And here's 80 inches

DSCN0495.jpg.

Oh as I reported here, my lappy is still at the repair shop so no more cooking for me for the meantime....

anyway here's the link for the full rom with sense (available at first post)

wow the projector looks cool it will be nice in 40 inch excellent view nice phone for projector.......

and today i just bought the phone samsung galaxy s i9000 it looks amazing with its speed super amoled is nasty and1gh processor with full support 3d graphics , 512 ram , 2gb rom is something big i never seen it lags till now and ram never goes down till now but there is no led for cam is the upset any way pro will full fill that

am confused with nexus and galaxy but finally got galaxy bec it has super amoled and front video call cam which u dont find in nexus so galaxy is better but am worried about the update samsung never give us update

am still using the omnia pro bec of daskalos.......

Guest Bounser

I flashed the rom, but i am not happy. It's stottering some time. My screen is flashing sometimes. The previos one is better.

This one does have more working aps like twitter, but my live.nl mail doesn't work. I belive that this one isn't finished yet.

I flashed the sense rom. Keep u the good work!!!

Greetings Bounser

Guest daskalos
I flashed the rom, but i am not happy. It's stottering some time. My screen is flashing sometimes. The previos one is better.

This one does have more working aps like twitter, but my live.nl mail doesn't work. I belive that this one isn't finished yet.

I flashed the sense rom. Keep u the good work!!!

Greetings Bounser

read back pages to solve the flashing screen :(

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Phew! got over with the hardware keyboard bug in my custom ROM finally. Here is some info for cooks/users out here. If you are getting strange characters from you hardware keyboard, check for two things :

- CSC should be for your country, ie. the installed keymap should correspond to your country/language.

- Make sure you have not cooked or are not using Microsoft Remote Desktop Mobile. The technical reason why it causes problem is this :

It replaces the Samsung's proprietary keyboard driver DLL to enable sending of keyboard input to PC being controlled, but Samsung's hardware keyboard seems to uses a non standard coding scheme, which although can be customized using Keymap files (.kmap.txt files that are installed by CSC on first boot). But Remote Desktop mobile tries to use the standard keyboard layout of some sort which messes up things. So stay away from Remote Desktop Mobile.

A great alternate for Remote Desktop functionality is zaDesktop. You can get it for free here : http://www.zatelnet.com/zadesktop/main.php

Enjoy!

Guest daskalos
Phew! got over with the hardware keyboard bug in my custom ROM finally. Here is some info for cooks/users out here. If you are getting strange characters from you hardware keyboard, check for two things :

- CSC should be for your country, ie. the installed keymap should correspond to your country/language.

- Make sure you have not cooked or are not using Microsoft Remote Desktop Mobile. The technical reason why it causes problem is this :

It replaces the Samsung's proprietary keyboard driver DLL to enable sending of keyboard input to PC being controlled, but Samsung's hardware keyboard seems to uses a non standard coding scheme, which although can be customized using Keymap files (.kmap.txt files that are installed by CSC on first boot). But Remote Desktop mobile tries to use the standard keyboard layout of some sort which messes up things. So stay away from Remote Desktop Mobile.

A great alternate for Remote Desktop functionality is zaDesktop. You can get it for free here : http://www.zatelnet.com/zadesktop/main.php

Enjoy!

Figures. As I don't cook Remote Desktop in my ROMs :(

Guest Freezy1982

Hey daskalos,

nice toy you have bought there :P

I have got a petition, before you start cooking ROM for your new phone (and after your Lappi returns from manufacturer): Please release the experiment Version of this ROM... (You know I WANT this fu** Version! :( )

Perhaps there would be another donation for this :(

GreeZ!

Guest spirit30

hi daskalos, jz flash d full version rom. Waiting 4ur megalite rom. Do u tink it is possible 2keep 6.5 when u cook megalite? Bcz d 6.5.3 or 6.5.5 reli bad when large indicator is pop up n x-button dun work at all.

Guest Klimto
hi daskalos, jz flash d full version rom. Waiting 4ur megalite rom. Do u tink it is possible 2keep 6.5 when u cook megalite? Bcz d 6.5.3 or 6.5.5 reli bad when large indicator is pop up n x-button dun work at all.

6.5.x got an equally good large indicator built in allready, so you don't need the samsung one. If you want the x-button to close apps, use xTask or AmEbA or something like that.

Guest imblfmstr

Hello Daskalos

Thanks for the beautiful ROM

Can u tell me what task manager have you used in this ROM

It looks simply great and useful...provide the cab if possible

Guest imblfmstr

after using the ROM for sometime the screen starts blinking/flashing

it blinks even when the phone is locked or when using some application...

can any body please a solution to it...

@Daskalos Thanks dear...I liked this ROM alot....as it fulfills all my choice...start menu at Top with fast sense UI

Cheers!!!