Best firmware JG1, JG3 or JG5 ?

Guest colonel_butt

Guest colonel_butt

I want the most reliable

My phone came with JF1

It looks like folk are having difficulty with JG5 alot and JG3 a little. Is JG1 best ?

Guest Lilla
I want the most reliable

My phone came with JF1

It looks like folk are having difficulty with JG5 alot and JG3 a little. Is JG1 best ?

JG3 is a small update for sms bug from JG1.

Beyond fail at flashing JG5 what other problems do you read about ?

Newest f/w is best - most stable and fastest.

I had JF3 JF5 JFF JG1 JG5 and r2.

Guest colonel_butt
JG3 is a small update for sms bug from JG1.

Beyond fail at flashing JG5 what other problems do you read about ?

Newest f/w is best - most stable and fastest.

I had JF3 JF5 JFF JG1 JG5 and r2.

thanks for that

I read on the chain that for many people the flash of JG5 didn't work

for some it worked if they re-partioned the internal memory

for others they used a different .pit file

seems a bit worrying. did yours just go smoothly ? which pit file did you use, the one on samsung-firmwares ?

Edited by colonel_butt

Guest Lilla
thanks for that

I read on the chain that for many people the flash of JG5 didn't work

for some it worked if they re-partioned the internal memory

for others they used a different .pit file

seems a bit worrying. did yours just go smoothly ? which pit file did you use, the one on samsung-firmwares ?

Tick re-partition, use 512 pit file and all gonna be okay.

Guest Xoneso

for some reason i also just do re-partition every time i flash a new firmware, just upgraded from JG3 with paul's r2 on it to jg5 + r2 today. Runs pretty decent even if Paul did say not the use r2 with any other firmware then JG3.

i alsy used the 512 pit file and haven't had a problem yet.

Guest Kilack

I'm using jg5 and I am finding it the fastest and have had no issues with it at all.

I don't even have the hack to move the apps on the external card active as the phone is fast enough for me right now with this firmware.

There are no issues with flashing, you just need to use the right PIT file (512) and choose repartition.

Guest Daley87

I've flashed JG5 numerous times now and it has been fine every single time, as a previous posted said just make sure to use the correct pit file and all will be fine, with JG5 and the new lag fix (using ext4) partition my phone is unbelievably quick and has no issues whatsoever, every single app including the market loads instantly and I have not experienced any lag AT ALL. Flash JG5, do the lag fix using ext4 and you will never look back.

Guest DistortedLoop

The two posts below echo my experience 100%. You can't go wrong, so far, with JG5 and the 512 pit. If you're really ambitious the ext4 mimocan hack will change your phone world. :angry:

Tick re-partition, use 512 pit file and all gonna be okay.

I've flashed JG5 numerous times now and it has been fine every single time, as a previous posted said just make sure to use the correct pit file and all will be fine, with JG5 and the new lag fix (using ext4) partition my phone is unbelievably quick and has no issues whatsoever, every single app including the market loads instantly and I have not experienced any lag AT ALL. Flash JG5, do the lag fix using ext4 and you will never look back.

Guest ryukent
I've found no real advantages of JG5 over JG1 honestly..

I find that with JG5 there's so little lag and much better memory management, I no longer need lag fixes. Just using the firmware is enough.