The Keyboard's not so bad after all!

Guest Metoo

Guest Metoo

So glad I bought one of these Bluetooth keyboards when Expansys were selling them off for £15 a couple of years ago.

It works great out of the box with the Streak (just pair and and go), no noticeable lag when entering text, and the little stand is perfect for keeping the Streak at the right angle for typing, or even watching vids.

Of course most of the original Function application "shortcuts" don't do as labelled, but was amazed to see that the right FN + key combinations can turn the screen on and off, release the screen lock, and return to Home screen etc.! Not really surprising the BT keyboard support is in there as Dell used to sell these as "Executive Keyboards" for use with their Axim Pocket PCs

Now the keyboard will be going in my day bag so the Streak's can sit on my desk pretending to be a "serious" tool - just like my old HTC Advantage but on Steroids!

PS I know it's also been done with Apple K/B, so realise this may be old news to some, but it's still nice to dig out some old kit and find it works with your latest toy. And of course the Apple k/b won't fold up or prop up your Streak...

http://www.talkandroid.com/4181-dell-strea...oard-and-mouse/

PPS such a shame there's no mouse support in Android!

PPPS if you want to look out for this model on eBay etc, it's an "iGo Stowaway Ultra-Slim Keyboard Think Outside Model No XTBT01 P/N 101867" made by Mobility Electronics Inc. And yes, with all that branding, the label does cover most of the bottom!

post-53335-1279327487_thumb.jpg

post-53335-1279327516_thumb.jpg

post-53335-1279327529_thumb.jpg

Edited by Metoo

Guest Shauneh

This is exactly what I wanted :angry: yay haha, wich it was a bit cheaper though...

They are going for 30GBP atm on ebay.

Thanks,

--

Shauneh

Guest shEEEsh

Has anyone ever used one of those keyboards that projects an image on your desk ?? Not just with the streak .. with anything? I was considering getting one and trying it .. I don't remember what they were called .. Anyone ?

Guest popetodd
This is what I was looking for .. the "Virtual Keyboard." I think I have to have one !! Unless someone has already found them to be useless.

Here is a link if you haven't seen one . . they are NOT new.

I have one, they take some getting used to (no tactile feedback being the biggest hurdle) but I love it.

It's tiny, projects a near full size keyboard and the wow factor is priceless.

Not cheap though.