HTC Desire Pre-planned Map routes?

Guest Lothappy

Guest Lothappy

So I’ve been searching the internet to find out if this is possible at all...

Can you create a planned route, say on google maps and then upload that route to the phone for navigation?

Perhaps use it in conjunction with the GPS to see where you are in relation to your chosen route, not just as a form of navigation?

If the HTC Desire cannot do this, is such a thing at all possible with other smart phones?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Guest Sally Mack
So I’ve been searching the internet to find out if this is possible at all...

Can you create a planned route, say on google maps and then upload that route to the phone for navigation?

Perhaps use it in conjunction with the GPS to see where you are in relation to your chosen route, not just as a form of navigation?

If the HTC Desire cannot do this, is such a thing at all possible with other smart phones?

Thanks for any help in advance.

You can already do this in google maps. When you search for directions in google maps on your pc, there's an option to "Save this route in my places" near the bottom of the directions. You can do this, then under google maps, bring up the directions through your "saved places".

Guest Gnurou

Using Froyo and chrome2phone on your browser you can instantly send a route to your phone. I suppose you can then use it with navigation.

Guest Lothappy
You can already do this in google maps. When you search for directions in google maps on your pc, there's an option to "Save this route in my places" near the bottom of the directions. You can do this, then under google maps, bring up the directions through your "saved places".

That sounds good, just what I was looking for.

Just to make it clear, I can create a route on the PC save that then download that route to the mobile which will then follow that route?

Guest dedreiix

As already mentiont above you can use Chrome to Phone for that...

There you have a addon for e.g. Firefox and the Chrome to Phone app on your android.

Then you can - with just one click - send the route from your browser via the google-cloud to your smartphone.

Firefox-Addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/161941/

Google-App: http://code.google.com/p/chrometophone/

Have fun. :angry: