Omnia Camera Hell

Guest keith_irl

Guest keith_irl

Hi everyone,

I myself am in Omnia Camera hell, i'd sure appreciate some help here from someone who is up for the challenge....here is the problem:

Basically the camera button only activates the volume control, no matter what i do, i can't change it. It shows up as Camera in Personal>Buttons , but no joy.

When i open the camera problem through Start>Programs, i can see the camera view fine, everything is OK except that the camera button does not work. Anytime i press it while i am in Camera mode at the top of the screen i see a kind of level meter with - and + , i am pretty sure that this is a volume level indicator. To me this is another indication that the volume control is overriding all programs and that the camera button is locked to that link.

I thought it might be a hardware issue but i don't think so, with either a half press or a full press i get the volume control with the camera button, always. I have updated to countless ROMs (currently has OCK PREMIUM Build 22363) and no joy , the camera button always is stuck on volume control.

Other checks i did:

-Checked Task Manager, confirmed that nothing else is running in the background.

-changed all settings of camera , no effect

-Did hard reset, no effect

-Installed Official Singapore ROM (English) , no change.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot, Keith

Guest Saxin
Hi everyone,

I myself am in Omnia Camera hell, i'd sure appreciate some help here from someone who is up for the challenge....here is the problem:

Basically the camera button only activates the volume control, no matter what i do, i can't change it. It shows up as Camera in Personal>Buttons , but no joy.

When i open the camera problem through Start>Programs, i can see the camera view fine, everything is OK except that the camera button does not work. Anytime i press it while i am in Camera mode at the top of the screen i see a kind of level meter with - and + , i am pretty sure that this is a volume level indicator. To me this is another indication that the volume control is overriding all programs and that the camera button is locked to that link.

I thought it might be a hardware issue but i don't think so, with either a half press or a full press i get the volume control with the camera button, always. I have updated to countless ROMs (currently has OCK PREMIUM Build 22363) and no joy , the camera button always is stuck on volume control.

Other checks i did:

-Checked Task Manager, confirmed that nothing else is running in the background.

-changed all settings of camera , no effect

-Did hard reset, no effect

-Installed Official Singapore ROM (English) , no change.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot, Keith

Hi, I no very experience at this stuff, but try flash another ROM, and also, if the hardware has been tampered with, try to find another button that functions as camera button,

Saxin

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I no very experience at this stuff, but try flash another ROM, and also, if the hardware has been tampered with, try to find another button that functions as camera button,

Saxin

The best thing would be to get a different rom to see if the problem persists. I'm sure it is your rom

Guest adhip

+1, try another ROM, more over try ROM which not include Camera apps like Sinan's ROM or mine :( Then install the Camera .cab and set the Personal>Button again.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lobomarino

It appears you up there with - and + signs are indicators of the camera zoom, that is what you can zoom the image focus, it has nothing to do with the volume .-

Check this again and tell us happens .-