Mario Live Wallpaper

Guest PaulOBrien

mariolivewallpaper1.pngmariolivewallpaper2.png

Welcome to 'Paul's App of the Day', where I pick one of my favourite apps as featured app of the day! It's the weekend, which means we feature fun apps! :D Today's app is...

Mario Live Wallpaper

What they say

Watch Mario play randomly generated levels on your home screen!

What we say

Retro heaven! If, like me, you have a soft spot for the old gaming classics (Mario, Sonic et al) then you'll love this wallpaper! Mario speeds through randomly generated levels in the background, dodging baddies on a variety of backdrops. I've cranked the FPS up to the max and it runs smooth as silk and looks brilliant on my Galaxy S. Definitely one of my favourite live wallpapers! :angry:

Permissions

INTERNET

Download

Strangely this application doesn't appear at AppBrain, nor does it appear in the Market on my Galaxy S! It does on my Nexus One though.

You can view more details at Cyrket or download the APK from this link.

QRcode

To use, install 'Barcode Scanner' from the Android Market.

mariolivewallpaper.qrcode.png

Price

FREE! We like that! :(

Market star rating at time of writing

4.58 (3972 ratings)

Version at time of writing

0.92b

Similar / Alternative apps

None! Beware the 'paid' 'Mario 64' Live Wallpaper on the Market. It's simply a rubbish video looping in the background

Suggested improvements for the next version

I would like to see Mario 'play' the levels more than just speeding through them (collecting coins, intelligently killing baddies). You know what would be awesome too? A Sonic the Hedgehog live wallpaper. :D

Have your say

Fan of Mario Live Wallpaper? Found something better? Just wanna share your experiences? Post below! ;)

Guest UKLooney
Strangely this application doesn't appear at AppBrain, nor does it appear in the Market on my Galaxy S! It does on my Nexus One though.

Had a similar problem with one of my live wallpapers. The issue was resolved when I removed the 'uses-feature android.software.live_wallpaper' from the manifest file. Some custom & legit roms incorrectly report to the market app that they do not support live wallpaper, which then filters out all these apps.

Guest Kilack

meh... so so :angry:

sorry paul, is there a place we can suggest apps of the day? or is this just purely your ideas (not meant in bad way)..

Edited by Kilack

Old school 2d gaming is my favourite! Thanks for the recommendation :angry:

Also, how did you get the coloured / custom icons in the screen shots?

Old school 2d gaming is my favourite! Thanks for the recommendation :angry:

Also, how did you get the coloured / custom icons in the screen shots?

Those icons are the standard Galaxy S ones...

P

Those icons are the standard Galaxy S ones...

P

Ah ok, just wondered. I'm looking forward to seeing if android 3.0 has proper skinning ability's built in...

EDIT: Well, by proper I mean a 'theme' manager...

Edited by Jez_

• 1 month later...
Guest plasmastorm

This live wallpaper is no longer available on android market place due to a copyright claim by nintendo :-/

Can still find it easily enough with a bit of googeling however :D