Gmail thread issue

Guest Fawaad

Guest Fawaad

Hi all,

I've been an android user before and loved the Gmail app. Is it me or the app has some issue opening emails with threads?

For some reason I can only open or view last email.

Before I could tap on the previous emails on the header and check anyone of from the list.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Guest prawnballs
Hi all,

I've been an android user before and loved the Gmail app. Is it me or the app has some issue opening emails with threads?

For some reason I can only open or view last email.

Before I could tap on the previous emails on the header and check anyone of from the list.

Am I doing anything wrong?

I had the same issue.. I fixed it by finding a GMail.apk off the net and installing it. GMail app is exactly the same as before but can now see threads. I think I just did a google for 'Gmail.apk', copied it on to SD card and installed from there.

Guest popetodd
I had the same issue.. I fixed it by finding a GMail.apk off the net and installing it. GMail app is exactly the same as before but can now see threads. I think I just did a google for 'Gmail.apk', copied it on to SD card and installed from there.

I just tried that. Found 1 source for an apk and it won't install.

Do you have a link to one that worked for you?

This inability to read the thread history is a pain.

Guest Fawaad

Yeah pls post any source for the Gmail app.

What about the guys who have updated there bulid to 4339? Dell might have fixe the issue as Gmail app is one of the most used ones.

Guest prawnballs

The GMail.apk that I used can be downloaded at: http://rapidshare.com/files/407575499/Gmail.apk.html (I hope this doesn't break any rules - if so mods please delete)

I'm guessing you have to have rooted your streak to be able to install - I had already rooted mine before installing the new GMail app.

I copied it to SD Card, installed using Root Explorer (but I'm sure you can use a file manager of your choice).

Hope this helps!

Guest popetodd

Thanks, that did the trick.

Fileshare on the other hand is pants, couldn't download direct to my Streak znd Chrome on my desktop using tethering failed as well. Firefkx finally did the deed after many attempts using Webkit, Opera and Chrome.

Guest prawnballs
Thanks, that did the trick.

Fileshare on the other hand is pants, couldn't download direct to my Streak znd Chrome on my desktop using tethering failed as well. Firefkx finally did the deed after many attempts using Webkit, Opera and Chrome.

if problems with rapidshare try: http://files.me.com/chadderton/h9ilh8

Guest Magxs

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how are you guys installing it?

I use Astro file manager and tap on the apk. It then asks if I want to browse the file or open in App Manager. I click open in App Manager. But App Manager only gives me the option to uninstall (which doesn't work of course) or to launch it. When I launch it, it just opens the regular Gmail app with old probem of threads not opening.

What am I missing?

Thanks