Registration w/ Dell USA Problems

Guest shEEEsh

Guest shEEEsh

Cellphone Support 800-308-3355

Tried to register my Dell Austin Texas Give-Away phone. Tried on line. It doesn't recognize ANY of my numbers. Not the Service Tag or the Express Tag.

Called Customer support .. They transferred me to cell-phone support. 800-308-3355

While on hold I started wondering if I bought a disposable phone .. a $500 disposable phone .. OUCH .. Apparently I need the name of the distributor and/or the name of the person who was the original owner. I gave her the name of the person who sold it to me, but that is NOT the name she has on record.

Anyone else try to register their USA eBAY Dell Give Away Texas Phone ??

Diane

Guest Texaspledge

I have one and haven't tried. But just curious, why do you feel the need to register? I hadn't worried about it to be honest. It's unlocked, can use my existing SIM and I assume once an upgrade comes along it will be easy access since so many people do custom ROMs. Its far from a disposable phone IMO. In fact, the way ATT tends to restrict access on their phones our's may still be sought after once it's released in the US.

Guest shEEEsh

The reason I wanted to register is because I think NOT being registered will prevent me from updating .. Maybe I am wrong but it tells me that my Build 3562 [ I think that is it ] is up to date .. there seems to be other builds. Are those just UK builds ??

Guest SEI87

i have the same build as you.. we just need to wait till the usa version comes out and im 100% sure we can update.. we cant update to the other higher builds because they are all meant for uk streaks which has different bands.. if you update to the newer uk builds (not sure if they will even let you) you will loose our 3g bands. (at least through my understanding of my moto milestone)

Guest courtlandre

The builds that we have here are not officially distributed builds. They were found on dells website. You should be able to update if you have registered or not.

Guest shEEEsh
The builds that we have here are not officially distributed builds. They were found on dells website. You should be able to update if you have registered or not.

I haven't found anywhere on Dell's website where they even have ANYTHING related to Updates or builds or ANYTHING .. do you ahve a link ?

Guest courtlandre

No they were found by some more industrious people than myself. I'm not even sure they are up anymore, but if you look through this forum you should be able to find where they were. It doesnt really matter though, we have them now and you can download them from the stickies up top, but the new build doesn't really do anything as far as anyone can tell.