Can rooting remove network lock?

Guest Rajit

Guest Rajit

ok, im a proud and happy liquid owner, and even though this question is not related to liquid itself, im asking here because im somewhat familiar with the people over here at this community...

im planning on buying a desire on a 6 month contract.. but because i often travel overseas, i use international sims rather than piss away my money on international roaming...

so, my question is... would rooting the new device remove the simlock so that i can insert my own (not actually MY OWN hehe) sims???

Edited by Rajit

Guest xian1243

No, but you can remove the simlock with the Acer Tool. The one used to flash 1.100.05.bin, select QCN file checkbox, and select the desimlock.xml floating around. I'll upload it for you. Don't forget to empy the C:\ACER_QCN directory, as it contains the SIM LOCK files in it.

So pretty much, use old acer tool to flash 1.100.05.bin with file to remove sim lock, then use new acer tool to flash 1.100.39

I'm tired, so I probably didn't explain that well...

Desimlock.xml is easy enough to find if you google it. I'll upload it if I can.

Xian

Guest xian1243

Sorry, I completely misread your post. You want to unlock a Desire... you're better off asking in the desire forum here at MoDaCo...

Sorry...

Like I said... I'm tired. :angry:

• 4 months later...
Guest langfen
No, but you can remove the simlock with the Acer Tool. The one used to flash 1.100.05.bin, select QCN file checkbox, and select the desimlock.xml floating around. I'll upload it for you. Don't forget to empy the C:\ACER_QCN directory, as it contains the SIM LOCK files in it.

So pretty much, use old acer tool to flash 1.100.05.bin with file to remove sim lock, then use new acer tool to flash 1.100.39

I'm tired, so I probably didn't explain that well...

Desimlock.xml is easy enough to find if you google it. I'll upload it if I can.

Xian

HI, xian

My A1 phone was simlocked and Can you help uploading the file you mentioned above? the old acer tool and can you tell the procedures in details how to umlock the phone, Tks a lot.

Guest langfen
As far as I know, the eaysiest phone to sim unlock is the Galaxy S, which can be unlocked with a tool that you can download on the market.

Maybe you should buy a GS instead of desire B)

edit : desimlock.xml : http://www.mcboydesign.fr/media/acer_liqui...e/amss_mode.zip

Tks, right now I doubt the desimlock is for liquid E, but not for liquid.