Considering switching from iphone, a few questions :)

Guest mmbecks7

Guest mmbecks7

Hi guys,

I've been looking at a few options to replace my iphone 3gs and was considering the HD2. I wasn't sure about a couple of things and I hope you guys can help out in answering them :angry:

1. I use Spotify on my iphone, is there an official Spotify app for the HD2?

2. Can you use the headphones remote to play/pause/skip and answer calls while using Spotify? Anyone tried the Apple/iphone headphones with the HD2?

3. How good/bad is Windows marketplace? Any alternatives?

4. How is the battery life?

If anyone who has previously used the iphone and switched to this can give any additional advice, I would be very grateful :D

Thanks in advance!

Guest andybarker
Hi guys,

I've been looking at a few options to replace my iphone 3gs and was considering the HD2. I wasn't sure about a couple of things and I hope you guys can help out in answering them :angry:

2. Can you use the headphones remote to play/pause/skip and answer calls while using Spotify? Anyone tried the Apple/iphone headphones with the HD2?

If anyone who has previously used the iphone and switched to this can give any additional advice, I would be very grateful :D

Thanks in advance!

1. Possibly - rumours around recently that there will be. Certainly nothing official yet.

2. Applie iPhone headphones are identical to the HD2 ones for connection. I am using a pair for mine, and can pause / play the track on Media Player happily. The button also answers an incoming call

3. Never used it - Google is my friend ;)

4. I can easily get a couple of days from it, depends on your usage and location (on the newer trains my battery can go down by 50% on a 2 hour journey from London to Sheffield, but on the older trains it only goes down by 10%)

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance!

1)- Spotify exists on Android Market,

2)- About remote headphone i don't know (see Aédp functionnality)

3)- Windows market place seems very poor compared to ApplieStore and Android Market

4)- I got my HD2 yesterrday ... don't know yet about battery life

Comparison between HD2 and Iphone can be found with google : simply type HD2 Iphone and u'll find lots of photos, videos, texts comparing the 2 devices.

For all your questions, take a look to Nexus One or Htc desire (Android devices)

A+

Jpq

Guest mmbecks7

Hi guys,

Many thanks for the response. Yeah, I was also looking at the HTC Desire which does look like the more attractive option. It's a shame with what happened to Windows Mobile... Hopefully Windows mobile 7 will make up for the lost time :angry:

Guest todd69
Hi guys,

Many thanks for the response. Yeah, I was also looking at the HTC Desire which does look like the more attractive option. It's a shame with what happened to Windows Mobile... Hopefully Windows mobile 7 will make up for the lost time :angry:

I've had many WM phones and currently got the HD2 but I've also had a few android phones and a 2G and 3G iphone (actually still got both!).

The HD2 is a great phone, screen is a joy to use but you'll need to switch to another keyboard as the default one is terrible compared to the iphone, the best I've found (closest to the iphone) is spb pro or swype.

If you have a jailbroken iphone the you really will miss Cydia and the app store, the options on WM are very poor in comparison.

Guest Omnian

Really you should stick to the iPhone cause WM is going down the tubes. I have a HD2 and I'm thinking of switching to the iPhone because there are so many apps for the iPhone compared to WM/HD2.

Guest andybarker

Depends on what apps you want. All the apps I personally need are on the HD2 already, with a few exceptions - and they are very easy to find (Google Maps, MSN chat app, Skype). Also I can easily put my own apps on there (1 or 2 specific apps I find helpful with my job)

Also quantity does not always equal quality. There are plenty of pointless (perhaps fun for 5 minutes) apps easily available on the iPhone. There are also lots of pointless apps for Windows Mobile, but my sense is that there are fewer that are easily found. If you use one of the Windows Mobile app websites, you can find pretty much anything you might want.