Custom roms

Guest Moonthistle

Guest Moonthistle

Hi all

I am actually suprised by how much I like this phone - having moved from its big brother recently.

However I'm hating being stuck with the "PINK", and was wondering if anyone has created a custom rom using apps from movistar rom. I would do it myslef but I honestly have no idea where to start. I flashed the movistar but although it looked great I couldn't connect to network etc. So have had to switch back.

I was waiting for Paul to add the Generic option he mentioned but I'm guessing he's moved on to bigger and better things.

Guest Moonthistle
how does it compare to the pulse? in what ways would you say the mini is better/ worse?

Its smaller, lighter and the camera is a lot better having said that the screen is not so great - feels similar to screens used on the Lg Cookie etc and the small screen size makes the keyboard a little hard to get used to - lots of typo's but i'm starting to get used to it now.

Some of the apps are missing from the market but most are still there and they actually seem to run smoother on mini. Battery life seems to be about the same and as stated above your stuck with t-mobile "Pink".

Hope this answers your questions.

Guest Gjole86

i dont know about big pulse but today i had market, opera and youtube player in action over wifi with starfield live-wallpaper and adw launcher. no hickups no slowdowns no app closes. had ~70MB free ram (ATK is win here about killing things u dont want). from what i read in FLB-1.0 topic how ppl strugle with big pulses ram, im glad i took the mini :angry: so far so good. about little screen and its keyboard. i got used to cooltek+ 20 button setup. getting my wifi router back tomorrow so gonna use a bit more market craps.

also i would be glad to see ppl post list of apps u use.

Here:

adw launcer 1.0.1 (5 desktops)

starfield livewallpaper

switchpro widget

advanced task killer

AndExplorer and RootExplorer

Opera mini 5.1

Stock 2.1 T-Mo rom (no root)

what i would like to try to tweak is:

conctacts app

sms app

some sort of gallery replacement

some sounds setter app

icons changer (better cut was it as far as i know)

and as last is there an app to menage installed apps, like check for updates for all user installed apps, games and such?

Edited by Gjole86

Guest gforums

I today tried this update fle:

U8110 U8110 V100R001C00B226SP02(Ital y GIVI)

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/down...aly%20GIVI).zip

This also has no working WLAN and GSM, but looks really nice.

Comes with lots of languages, has no "pink" color and a good looking launcher.

I just wonder if we can't somehow merge it with the working t-mobile UK firmware?!

Isn't this just a driver/kernel issue?

Guest Moonthistle
I today tried this update fle:

This also has no working WLAN and GSM, but looks really nice.

Comes with lots of languages, has no "pink" color and a good looking launcher.

I just wonder if we can't somehow merge it with the working t-mobile UK firmware?!

Isn't this just a driver/kernel issue?

I've been trying to merge the movistar rom with the tmo one but keep getting stuck in a boot loop, probably because I don't know what i'm doing lol.

I'll keep trying though and will post here if I ever manage to succeed (don't hold your breath though :angry: )

Guest Simon O

It's not an easy task but it's something I could do for you all if you want. Won't be able to do anything until nearer the end of the week but I'll produce an update.zip which will contain the t-mobile kernel, t-mobile radio libraries and wifi files. The rest will be Movistar. I don't have a pulse mini myself so this will be made entirely blind, but I'm confident it will work :D

It my experiment works then I'll quite happily produce a Pulse Mini version of FLB-MOD which should run a lot better on your devices than my big pulse!

Oh and if anybody fancies donating to my PayPal so I can buy a Pulse Mini, I would be happy :angry:

Guest Moonthistle
It's not an easy task but it's something I could do for you all if you want. Won't be able to do anything until nearer the end of the week but I'll produce an update.zip which will contain the t-mobile kernel, t-mobile radio libraries and wifi files. The rest will be Movistar. I don't have a pulse mini myself so this will be made entirely blind, but I'm confident it will work :D

It my experiment works then I'll quite happily produce a Pulse Mini version of FLB-MOD which should run a lot better on your devices than my big pulse!

Oh and if anybody fancies donating to my PayPal so I can buy a Pulse Mini, I would be happy :angry:

Your a star!!! I used FLB-MOD on my big pulse before I switched so would love to see one for the mini.

It sounded like such an easy idea just merging them but i've learned the hard way its not as easy as you think. Latest attempt even managed to include an Orange boot screen - no idea where that came from ;) .

I'd also be happy to provide a donation as I now have some idea that it ain't as easy as it looks.

Guest gforums

@flibblesan

+1 from me.

Would be great!

But please don't use moviestar, but this one:

It's newer, contains more languages and a launcher capable of 15(!) homescreens.

Look & Feel is like on moviestar.

thanks!

I'm sure you can expect donations if your first "blind" custom rom already should work...