Is there a way to fix B7610 on 3G network?

Guest Martin the Mouse

Guest Martin the Mouse

Hello,

I have a specific question. Before I had this Samsung B7610 I used a Nokia N95 8GB. In the network configuration there was an option to choose for automatic, UMTS or GSM.

I know there is 3G available at my house, but still the B7610 chooses the normal GSM network (with ofcourse slow internet).

This is because 3G is not very strong, but reasonable stable (1-3 bars). When I have the phone in my pocket, and I grab it from my pocket, I see the 3G logo but

because I'm holding the phone in my hand the signal drops a little bit more and then it switches over to GSM network.

There is no option available in the configuration of the B7610 to fix this.

I have been searching on Google for a while to find some way to let the B7610 be fixed on 3G but so far I haven't found a sollution.

This is how I found this forum, on which I did find some other great stuff and tweaks :angry:

Does anyone here know how to get this done? Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Martin

The Netherlands

Guest Martin the Mouse

Thanks a lot! This get's me a little bit further on my quest :angry: but at the moment www.commmgrpro.com/ doesn't work (that's on the top of the search results).

But maybe I can find this software on 3d party websites!

In this case Google is really my friend! :D

Best regards,

Martin

Guest Martin the Mouse
Why don't you just set your network configuration to WCDMA not automatic so the phone will be forced just to use 3G network.

Thank you very much I guess I was looking for something called UMTS but I didn't know that WCDMA and UMTS is the same.

I thought it was a system from US, not European.

This is the sollution I was looking for, thank you!! :angry:

Best regards,

Martin

Edited by Martin the Mouse