Multi-touch?

Guest GreyJedi

Guest GreyJedi

Hello,

The Genesis emulator on the Steak is not bad, but it is however murdered by the fact that the Streak cannot support multi-touch, making action games pretty much unplayable. I understand there are Bluetooth things around to bypass this, but given the size of the Streak, I'd rather not have to carry around other bits of crap in order to play the games.

Will the Streak be able to support full multi-touch anytime soon? :angry:

Edited by GreyJedi

Guest sukh singh

What I dont get is why cant we just add on support for multi-touch? Hardware is there..and to SOME extent it works FINE on 1.6! Else why would multi-touch pinch to zoom work on the default browser? Makes no sense to say its not supported..when it clearly is just not by default by the os? Surely someone here can work round that...

Guest courtlandre

There is specific framework built for the browser to have multitouch. For the entire system to be able to access multitouch would be quite an undertaking... and totally not worth it since a 2.2 update is coming later in the year.

Guest maskaler
Agree, almost impossible to play Sonic!

Yeh, I foolishly downloaded a Snes emulator only to realise I couldn't move and shoot.

Also, the reason pinch-zoom works in the browser is because Dell have written their own multi-touch gesture framework to allow the Streak to do so on 1.6 - it's not supported natively.

When 2.2 drops we'll have flash games and multi-touch. There'll be no stopping us! *mad cackle*

Guest yosemite-sam

its probably cheating lol but ive been using my wiimote to play contra 3 on the snes, still crap at it but i can jump and fire at the same time.

Edited by yosemite-sam