How do I know if A2SD+ is working?

Guest InsaneNutter

Guest InsaneNutter

I have just flashed my phone with the 16/Jul r5 WIP refresh - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen - Froyo with Sense (FRF91) rom which appears to work fine.

However I noticed before installing Google Earth I had 136mb free on the phone memory, however after installing I now only have 119mb free.

So I guess A2SD+ is not working? I have a 512mb partition on my phone created by rom manager.

Is this normal? I guess there is nothing to configure for A2SD+ as I don't see any options for it?

Edited by InsaneNutter

Guest Termi

Hi,

install "Quick System Info" from the Market, start this App and get to know if there's an info about the "A2SD Storage" like "Total: xxx MB, Free: xxx MB". If not, your A2SD isn't working.

I got the same problem and I bought the fullversion of ROM Manager - then I was successful in partitionate the SD-Card and A2SD was working.

Guest lambrospower

type into a terminal

su then enter

ls -l /system then enter

you should see beside the app, app-private,dalvic-cache the corresponding folders they are symlinked

Guest InsaneNutter

It would appear to be working if Quick System Info is correct

53cri4hv7htkk3bbxtex.png

However I do not see app-private and dalvic-cache and my phone memory keeps decreasing so I guess something is not right?

kxfw58cennwm2jd8kynm.png

Guest dayosaysyosh

i use AndroidCommander, it says how much room there is on the external partition, and how much internal and SD storage there is :angry:

Guest zanzida
type into a terminal

su then enter

ls -l /system then enter

you should see beside the app, app-private,dalvic-cache the corresponding folders they are symlinked

Weird, mine are all in /data

Guest InsaneNutter
yes i am sorry my friend....i was confused :( it's

ls -l /data

you must check

Ah thanks, yes it appears to be working.

Space on the phone memory still goes down though, however no where nears as much as it should have with the applications I have since installed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest elrgarcia
Space on the phone memory still goes down though, however no where nears as much as it should have with the applications I have since installed.

I've been wondering about the same thing about my decreasing internal memory even with A2SD+.

Here are some observations:

- Uninstalling a 24mb app I had freed 3mb in the internal memory

- Reinstalling the 24mb app used up the 3mb in internal memory again

The app I tested with is Raging Thunder 2 Lite.

I'd be interested in knowing whether installing that app decreases the phone's internal memory for any of you guys, to know whether the response in my phone is normal.

Guest JonnyG165
I have just flashed my phone with the 16/Jul r5 WIP refresh - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen - Froyo with Sense (FRF91) rom which appears to work fine.

However I noticed before installing Google Earth I had 136mb free on the phone memory, however after installing I now only have 119mb free.

So I guess A2SD+ is not working? I have a 512mb partition on my phone created by rom manager.

Is this normal? I guess there is nothing to configure for A2SD+ as I don't see any options for it?

Installing a rom that supports A2SD+ wont make it work by default, you have to create a ext 2/3 partition on your card first. Just install Quick System Info from the Market - this will tell you how much space you have left on your A2SD partition if it's successfully installed. If not, install Rom Manager from the market and use it to partition your SD card. Usual options are 512 then 0 for swap size. Just make sure you've backed up everything from your SD as this will wipe it. Post back if you have any probs.

Guest charlie_boy

Its working based on your screenshots. It will always use some phone memory because /data/data is still stored on the phone. There have been attempts to move this but with very unstable results.

Guest InsaneNutter

I read else where it is because /data/data is still stored on the phone, i've been running App2SD+ since posting with no problems.

Phone memory has never gone below 70mb, I have a lot more apps installed now than when I totally filled the phone memory before! All appears to be good :)

35gz6htjnfxazmsu05wt.png

I've been wondering about the same thing about my decreasing internal memory even with A2SD+.

Here are some observations:

- Uninstalling a 24mb app I had freed 3mb in the internal memory

- Reinstalling the 24mb app used up the 3mb in internal memory again

The app I tested with is Raging Thunder 2 Lite.

I'd be interested in knowing whether installing that app decreases the phone's internal memory for any of you guys, to know whether the response in my phone is normal.

Ive noticed that with apps such as Google Earth, as mentioned I believe its because /data/data is still stored on the phone memory, I dont think I will ever fill the phone memory anyway so i'm pretty happy at the moment. Just need to get a bigger SD card to store video and stuff on now!

Edited by InsaneNutter